The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   If I showed up at your door (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=5420)

Lucy 02-12-2007 07:44 PM

To answer the initial question, No.

zippyt 02-12-2007 07:48 PM

You can see the scenery from the plane

Yes you can , but you can't taste the sweet tea , or smell the catfish and hush puppys frying or tast the fried fruit pies , etc,,,,,,,

Every region has their Own special flavor !!!
Oh and we all argue that OURS is the best !!

Undertoad 02-12-2007 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy (Post 315198)
To answer the initial question, No.

Aw why not!!! I'm good people.

Aliantha 02-12-2007 07:52 PM

She doesn't know us all well enough yet. When I'd only had 71 posts I would have said the same thing.

Undertoad 02-12-2007 07:55 PM

I would host any of our Brit or Aus folk.

Aliantha 02-12-2007 07:57 PM

Don't you think we'd drive you crazy with our liberal views? lol

Undertoad 02-12-2007 08:00 PM

I'm familiar with the liberal species. Raised by one actually.

Undertoad 02-12-2007 08:01 PM

I should say Eur as well, except for one particular one.

Aliantha 02-12-2007 08:01 PM

Hmmm...we're another species huh?

missaminus 02-12-2007 09:04 PM

I'm new here, and I don't know any of you well enough to let you in the door, and you don't know me well enough to even try to find me.

That being said, if you actually looked me up in the phone book (I'm not in it) and found my house- good luck! (pizza won't deliver, and UPS, and FedEx call me for directions), I'd probably send my dog out with some cash tied to her collar. If you managed to get the cash off of her before she bit you, then I suppose you'd have a night in a hotel on me. If you made friends with her, I'd let you sleep in the pop-up camper out back.

my husband is overseas, but my neighbor would just as soon shoot you as look at you, and he keeps an eye on me and my kids.

xoxoxoBruce 02-12-2007 09:19 PM

Well missaminus, you're safe here with us. :D

missaminus 02-12-2007 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 315238)
Well missaminus, you're safe here with us. :D

Thanks, I think :worried: I'll have to stick around a while and see...when is one considered properly initiated into the Cellar? When one views the WTF NSFW thread? done! (and may I add- eeeeeewww!)

monster 02-12-2007 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 315147)
It would be the truly American experience to visit many dwellars. The vast country would be part of the story, as opposed to Times Square and monuments and museums.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but in order to get the full American experience, you should drive an SUV to the big box store lot, cook a massive size piece of awesome Costco beef on the gas grill, go see a game at the stadium, drink that night at the Dave and Buster's until you can't play the games any longer.

Then the next day, head out to Zippy's for a drift on the creek. Don't swim out to where they swing off the rope into the water. The little one hain't got enough sense yet to avoid jumping on top of you.

I have done this -sorta- with Britnetters. We load up the big red minivan and drive off somewhere new, taking detours to visit our online friends. We been all over New England, to Virginia, Florida, Ohio, we had a near miss in Nebraska, looking at Texas nest year for an anniversary party, and this year we've planning to visit anyone en route to the grand canyon. It's a good thing. We've camped in backyards, stayed in spare rooms and even in someone's old apartment in NYC as they were just in the process of moving house. People can be so friendly and show you things you might miss if you only passed through as a tourist.

DucksNuts 02-13-2007 01:57 AM

Yeah, I'd let any of you stay.

I even invite you to come visit :) tis easy to get here.

Hippikos 02-13-2007 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 315204)
I would host any of our Brit or Aus folk.

Racist....