The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Do you pee in the shower? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=4520)

insoluble 12-06-2003 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by lumberjim

ever smell a fart? well then, you've had them in your nose.

OK - you're a fucking idiot.

That having been said, I sincerely hope that you are joking. And as Kitsune alludes to - what about piss vapor when you take a leak? (assuming that your emasculation hasn't become so acute as to render you incapable of standing up while peeing)

lumberjim 12-06-2003 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by insoluble

OK - you're a fucking idiot.

That having been said, I sincerely hope that you are joking. And as Kitsune alludes to - what about piss vapor when you take a leak? (assuming that your emasculation hasn't become so acute as to render you incapable of standing up while peeing)

them's fightin words, nancy.

how does the fact that i close the lid of the toilet make me less manly? I still fart, scratch, spit and watch football. I also have 2 kids, and when they were younger, you had to get in the habit of closing the lid, or risk little fishing experiments. calling someone you don't know an idiot is risky at best.....compound that by questioning their manhood, and you'll probably get in over your head.

I'll give you a pass this time and not fire back, mainly because there is no reason for you to attack me, and I must assume this was just an attempt at humor...

funny.

xoxoxoBruce 12-06-2003 09:02 AM

I agree with you Jim. Unless you live alone with out opposite sex, kids or pets, the best solution is seat AND lid down. Safe and fair.:beer:

Undertoad 12-06-2003 09:48 AM

Seriously, though, I am superskeptical of the shit molecule threat. I want to know the likelihood of bacterial infection through these remarkable "super" shit molecules which are jumping up through the air and landing on my toothbrush and able to withstand the burst of pressure of tap water.

In recent times we have been bombarded with "information" about bacteria because it sounds really scary and makes the evening news. But studies have shown that the place in your home and office most infested with bacteria - more than on your toilet seat - is your COMPUTER KEYBOARD.

(expecting posting to go way down suddenly)

Bacteria are everywhere. They don't make you sick. Your body has an immune system that fights off these things. In fact maybe you are more healthy if your immune system gets regular practice.

Ironically, worrying about bacteria is less healthy than bacteria -- because worry causes hypertension and hypertension is in the top five of killers.

xoxoxoBruce 12-06-2003 09:53 AM

Why UT, how can you be skeptical of the extensive research that comes from Madison Avenue. :haha:

plthijinx 12-06-2003 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kitsune

I couldn't believe it until I saw someone walk out of a stall at work with a sandwhich. Sure, he was holding it in a bag, but that just isn't right.

wouldn't that be called GIGO? (garbage in garbage out?) :D seriously though, that's just not right! i guess that explains the neverending stack of flying and other aviation magazines next to the john here at the house:rolleyes:

lumberjim 12-06-2003 10:10 AM

toad,
i for one am not taking any chances. the people we bought our house from had apparently been drinking shit soup for 5 years.....as the results of the water test we did indicated.....and they SEEMED healthy....needless to say, we made them install an industrial sized water purification system....

still....it's more the thought than the actual risk.

i lived for 30 years before i heard about that stat.

Kitsune 12-06-2003 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by plthijinx
wouldn't that be called GIGO? (garbage in garbage out?) :D
I think, at the time, I remarked that eating on the toilet was the circle of life.

jinx 12-06-2003 10:38 AM

Quote:

[i]

Bacteria are everywhere. They don't make you sick. Your body has an immune system that fights off these things. In fact maybe you are more healthy if your immune system gets regular practice.

Ironically, worrying about bacteria is less healthy than bacteria -- because worry causes hypertension and hypertension is in the top five of killers. [/b]
Fortunately, I don't have an office keyboard, just my personal one.
Yes, I doubt shit on the toothbrush would make one (healthy individual) ill, especially if they are used to said shit, built up a tolerance to it if you will. It's still disgusting. And yes, I agree with Pasteur's rumored dying words "The pathogen is nothing, the terrain is everything" - but if it were true that wallowing in your own crapulence makes the body stronger, I doubt so many people would have succumbed to plagues and diseases of poor hygiene over the last many thousands of years.
Bottom line, toilets are gross, and soiled water vapor expelled from them is not welcome on my toothbrush, regardless of how nasty keyboards or kitchen sponges are.

Here's an interesting link on the poop/brush connection.

Undertoad 12-06-2003 10:57 AM

Well here's a sensitive question that I shouldn't even bring up: what do the germ-phobes do about oral sex?

I mean, if yer not even gonna put a toothbrush in your mouth...

tikat 12-06-2003 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Undertoad
Well here's a sensitive question that I shouldn't even bring up: what do the germ-phobes do about oral sex?
Cherry flavored antibacterial sex jelly?

lumberjim 12-06-2003 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Undertoad

I mean, if yer not even gonna put a toothbrush in your mouth...

first, you have to boil your penis in bleach.........

elSicomoro 12-06-2003 11:18 AM

All this anti-bacterial stuff is going to be the death of humanity...

jinx 12-06-2003 11:23 AM

You don't need antibacterial stuff if you just close that toilet lid....

elSicomoro 12-06-2003 11:26 AM

But it's not like that's a very good seal.