The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Three True, One False - aka Glatt's Game (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=21106)

monster 10-01-2009 12:48 PM

Man you do tough ones.

I say the guy on the subway was not drinking a can of malt liquor

Pie 10-01-2009 12:54 PM

I'm hopin' (for your sake) it wasn't the rubber-glove nastiness. That's my vote, at any rate.

Clodfobble 10-01-2009 01:29 PM

I'll take the Norwegian language skills. I'm guessing she needed some other kind of language skills. (And I have a friend who is a lawyer and speaks Japanese, if'n you ever need that...)

glatt 10-01-2009 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 598715)
(And I have a friend who is a lawyer and speaks Japanese, if'n you ever need that...)

That actually comes up every once in a while. On a contract basis though.

Clodfobble 10-01-2009 01:35 PM

Yeah, she'd like a full-time position, but she's been doing contract work for a couple years now. But she's licensed in California, so I don't think she could practice in your state.

limey 10-01-2009 01:50 PM

I don't think it was a SWEDISH fish - maybe some other nationality?

glatt 10-01-2009 02:12 PM

Limey wins it!!

My daughter wanted to be a Swedish Fish for Halloween, and I came up with an idea for making a costume out of carpet padding kinda like Eddie Murphy as Gumby on Saturday Night Live. But everyone voted me down, and they are going to make something out of construction paper or something.

The other stuff was true. I don't want to talk about the toilet thing. It was unpleasant, but everything works fine now. The guy drinking beer on the Metro in the morning was astounding to me. I had never seen that in almost 20 years of riding Metro. He didn't even look all that dirty. And the Norwegian interviewee was true too. We've got a new case with a Norwegian client.

Limey, what have you got for us?

limey 10-01-2009 02:29 PM

(in my last effort I didn't realise it was supposed to be events from today ...)
Well folks, today I ...

was charmed by a film clip of farming folk and fiddle playing brought to my attention by a Swedish friend;

was appalled to discover that the source of the bluebottles in the house was the two-day-old corpse of a hare on the back doorstep brought to me by my cats;

was thrilled to find that my new purple Doctor Marten's ankle boots (brought to me by the postman) are very comfy;

was delighted to have my quote for a 5,000 word translation (brought to me by the internet) on the subject of road building accepted, so I really should be working now!

Well?

Pie 10-01-2009 02:41 PM

I'm guessing the Doc Martins. Maybe they were uncomfortable. Maybe they shipped the wrong size.
(Maybe I'll actually get one of these right, for a change. D'oh!)

classicman 10-01-2009 03:17 PM

I'll go with film clip ... just cuz I can.

dar512 10-01-2009 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 598744)
I don't want to talk about the toilet thing.

I sympathize on the toilet thing. Been there myself. Would you be willing to at least share what the object was?

In my case it was a plastic figurine that one of the darlets must have been playing with.

classicman 10-01-2009 03:50 PM

...mine was a toothbrush.

dar512 10-01-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 598760)
...mine was a toothbrush.

Must be a rite of passage for dads. :)

monster 10-01-2009 04:54 PM

not for beest.....yet.....apparently jammer swimsuits flush clean away......

limey, I'm going with the corpse -I think it was probably a different animal. And I don't think they have to be today..... do they?

jinx 10-01-2009 07:19 PM

Alright, I'll take the road building thing.