The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Health (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Any Decent Pain Groups? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=11067)

Ibby 07-06-2006 02:57 AM

Awesome photography, both on that one and the one on the other thread.

BigV 07-06-2006 10:19 AM

Is Finn *in flight* as he attacks that pinata? His feet look like they're off the ground and in motion!

rkzenrage 07-06-2006 11:34 AM

He spends most of his time like that.
Yes, he is.

rkzenrage 07-06-2006 12:07 PM

BTW, back on topic, been using the power-chair more and I can't tell you how much better I feel.
Ribs feel much better, I'm so much less depressed it is nuts. Been hanging-out with my niece every Wed at a local tobacco shop, having lunch and BSing.
Just getting out in the sun and not in this room without it harming me more!
We now have a hydraulic lift for the car thanks to my parents and it works great!
The feeling of freedom, making new friends and being useful is indescribable. I may even start reading to the kids at the local library soon. Not exactly stretching my acting wings, but will be an audience of some kind soon and be doing some good. I may do the hospital again (I used to do that in college, when working on my dialects). Been helping a lot at the tobacco shop when people need help with pipes and pipe tobacco. It is a time consuming thing to discuss and I am more than happy to talk with them about it, plus it helps the business in the long run.
All with the help of that technology.
Wow.
Still can't wait to go to the osteo group.

limey 07-06-2006 04:37 PM

So glad to hear that you're feeling better. Even if I don't have any experience of the pain aspect, I do well understand how being cooped up indoors can undermine your sense of self completely. Reading aloud is an unerestimated art-form, make the most of it and you can be a one-man show, as I'm sure you know.
All the best.

WabUfvot5 07-06-2006 07:29 PM

sunlight and fresh air is a great mood booster :)

xoxoxoBruce 07-06-2006 10:01 PM

Check around for a production of Rocky Horror Picture Show, Dr Von Scott. :D

rkzenrage 07-07-2006 10:20 PM

Used to go to them when I was a kid... been to over sixty.
I think the nearest one is Tampa or Orlando. I don't want a pussy on my chin.:thepain3:

BigV 07-12-2006 12:26 PM

You're missin' out, dude.

Buddug 07-12-2006 01:34 PM

I am going to annoy you all again , and I feel very sorry about that .

Pain is in the mind . Make your mind refuse the pain . You do not have to be a Buddhist to do this . People should stop thinking that spiritual life lies in mystic cultures , or in psychobabble or in science . Just refuse pain . Drink a huge glass of Champagne and read poetry . And if the pain is still there , that is wonderful . It means that you are a human being and that you cannot cope with the idea of dying . Try religion at this point , but do not worry if religion is just as bad as everything else .

Enjoy the pain .

Buddug 07-12-2006 01:37 PM

.... and try to turn it into something else .

Buddug 07-12-2006 01:44 PM

.....and it does not matter a jot if you cannot turn it into anything else .

Buddug 07-12-2006 01:46 PM

....stay in bed all day , drink like a fish , give up your job , spit at your in-laws .....
Nothing really matters at all .

Does it ?

rkzenrage 07-12-2006 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV
You're missin' out, dude.

Not like that! You did not get the joke, I guess... "on" my chin is a great place for it, not .... oh hell, it can't be explained unless you've been to the show.
& Buddug as a Buddhist and someone who has practiced Yoga for over twenty years I am not annoyed at your statements, I just think they are a bit naive.
The osteo group went very well today, learned a lot about how certain meds cause bone loss.

BigV 07-12-2006 04:46 PM

Been to the show, don't remember that part of the audience's script. Maybe a local phenom.

Glad to see my deadpan delivery skilz remain sharp.