The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mis-pronounciation and dating (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=7679)

lumberjim 02-03-2005 09:25 PM

I Liked the viking kittens.....never did see it on tv, but i like that flash......it's rousing....'course they got some of the words wrong, ( whisper tales of Thor, not Gore)
but still......they didnt butcher it as badly as Tori Amos did 'Thank You'

rock on, viking kittens, rock on.

garnet 02-03-2005 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troubleshooter
Wuh'd I do? :eyebrow:

I think it's the BANANAPHONE thing, TS. It has a tendency to make people a little touchy, especially when it's been going through their head for 587,943 hours straight. I've been there. Sorry Bri, but just remember--it's all Bruce's fault.... ;)

Troubleshooter 02-03-2005 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garnet
I think it's the BANANAPHONE thing, TS. It has a tendency to make people a little touchy, especially when it's been going through their head for 587,943 hours straight. I've been there. Sorry Bri, but just remember--it's all Bruce's fault.... ;)

Oh I know, I just like watching the eye twitch and the neck spasm as it repeats over and over and over...

ring ring ring ring ring ring ring bananaphone....

ring ring ring ring ring ring ring bananaphone....

xoxoxoBruce 02-04-2005 02:55 AM

Sometimes it's best to just let it go. ;)

Troubleshooter 02-04-2005 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
Sometimes it's best to just let it go. ;)

Every now and then, when all of the guys I work with are in the shop, I'll blare the first few lines from my laptop. That's all it takes.

First the glazed eyes, then the anger followed by the robot like turning of their heads towards me...

dar512 02-04-2005 09:20 AM

Quote:

Every now and then, when all of the guys I work with are in the shop, I'll blare the first few lines from my laptop. That's all it takes.

First the glazed eyes, then the anger followed by the robot like turning of their heads towards me...

I can see why you're so well liked.

Kitsune 02-04-2005 10:00 AM

Heh. Nice one, Troubleshooter.

I found a bug in a website that you might be familiar with. Loading badger, badger, badger and leaving it up when I depart work results in all of the cables being firmly ripped out of my PC at work when I return the next morning. I asked the night crew that sits near me if they were familiar with it and they responded only with the same glance you described... very odd.

Troubleshooter 02-04-2005 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dar512
I can see why you're so well liked.

Actually, I'm only moderately liked, but I've learned to live with it..

Trilby 02-04-2005 10:09 AM

See, TS, I knew you'd figure it out! ;)

Troubleshooter 02-04-2005 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna
See, TS, I knew you'd figure it out! ;)

I think that I made my first major step when I figured out most people weren't as smart as I am and I could disregard their opinions.

garnet 02-04-2005 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsune

Well, now I was not familiar with this version. It is quite entertaining--I particularly enjoyed the snake animation, but I feel there is far too much emphasis placed on the large red 'shroom. All in all, I must say I prefer the other version--I have a special fondness baloney/pony segment. I'm not sure about the sound quality of this version, though, because I played it without the sound in fear of my co-workers KILLING ME.

Trilby 02-04-2005 11:11 AM

Quote:

I think that I made my first major step when I figured out most people weren't as smart as I am and I could disregard their

opinions.

I know and it's lonely at the top.

xoxoxoBruce 02-04-2005 11:30 AM

I think Badger came before Bananaphone. :confused:

mrnoodle 02-04-2005 11:37 AM

It did. go to weebls-stuff.com to see all the nifty badgerbadgerbadger stuff. it's under the "toons" link, which i can't get to right now for some reason.

my favorite is "footy".

as with all badger loops, you must listen all the way through at least 5 times to get the full effect (either a snorting giggle or a headache, depending on your bent)

Magical Trevor is great too.

limey 02-05-2005 05:40 AM

No, sorry guys, the worst perpetrator of mispronunciation crimes is your Mr Bush and the word "trrrrrr", carried out, according to him, by "trrrrrrists". I've thought about it, it definitely has six "r"s in it.
As far as I'm aware, by the way, no brit has ever said "vomick" for vomit.