The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The absurdity of Donald Trump (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=32145)

tw 07-15-2020 06:02 PM

And so the columnist talks about emotions. Strong healthy and virile kids. Totally irrelevant to an adult. Trump's looks. Yes that does work on so many adults who are children. I only read columnists who discuss logical conclusions from facts. All I read was emotions targeting adults who are still children.

Obviously the entire column is only about his emotions. Not one useful fact was posted. So an adult read it, and then asked, "Why did I waste my time?"

Moderates need and demand facts so that conclusions can exist later. Not one fact was in that columnist's diatribe. Is he a righty or a lefty? No adult cares. He posted no facts. So he wasted bandwidth. Preaching to adults who are children - who need their emotions pampered.

What was the only fact? Trump actually work a facemask. So much wasted bandwidth to only learn that.

Clodfobble 07-15-2020 06:29 PM

The column was satirical, tw. It was intended to mock Trump, not present actual news.

xoxoxoBruce 07-15-2020 11:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
tw couldn't pick up on that because he has no emotions in his bot software. :rolleyes:

BigV 07-16-2020 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 1055270)
The column was satirical, tw. It was intended to mock Trump, not present actual news.

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

That's twice as funny as the column! I'm cryin from laughin so hard. Thank Trump my lungs are now tariffs.

tw 07-16-2020 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 1055270)
The column was satirical, tw.

I found nothing entertaining in it. Especially since same reasoning is emphatically believed by his supporters. Satire was lost in that it is Trump disciple beliefs and exactly how they think.

Clodfobble 07-16-2020 11:11 AM

Satire is harder to pull off these days, it's true. Real headlines can be easily mistaken for headlines from The Onion, and vice versa.

Happy Monkey 07-16-2020 11:14 AM

Poe's Law

tw 07-16-2020 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 1055286)
Real headlines can be easily mistaken for headlines from The Onion, and vice versa.

Who is writing funnier fiction? The Onion or Trump?

Even the Onion cannot write fiction as fast as Trump.

tw 07-16-2020 09:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ethics.

sexobon 07-16-2020 09:46 PM

Those are adjuncts to COVID-19 treatment. They help keep up your strength to beat the disease. [/PSA]

ETA:

BTW, what's an endrose?

Does this only apply to a French employé?

tw 07-19-2020 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexobon (Post 1055294)
BTW, what's an endrose?

When Ivanka Trump says she and her father are endorsing Goya products due to a 20% reduction in sales (because Goya's president openly approved of Trump's racism), then that is clearly an endorsement. Of course people who are told how to think by Fox News would not know that. Fox's purpose is to keep extremists brainwashed. So that extremists do not even apologize for the massacre of 5000 American servicemen in Iraq for no purpose.

And so that extremists will blame blacks for their own deaths. Blame peaceful demonstrators in Oregon for the violence. So that the Confederate flag (a flag similar to the Nazi flag) is protected. Claim that covid is just another flu virus. And to protect Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill: Trail of Tears.

sexobon 07-19-2020 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexobon (Post 1055294)
... BTW, what's an endrose? ...

This question wasn't answered.

tw 07-20-2020 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexobon (Post 1055396)
This question wasn't answered.

She said what she was doing was "endorsing". Ivanaka clearly answered the question AND demonstrated how to 'endorse'.

An 'endrose' has no definition. Care to invent one?

xoxoxoBruce 07-20-2020 01:52 PM

That's the last rose to lose it's petals in the fall.

sexobon 07-20-2020 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw (Post 1055440)
An 'endrose' has no definition. Care to invent one?

You're the one who posted "endrose" and you're the one who posted "employe."

Trying to invent your own language to go with your own reality?