The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's mildly irritating you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16569)

Trilby 09-26-2008 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juniper (Post 485217)
I guess the teacher makes up for it by being so damn sexy (sigh) He's this young, tall, rugged-looking Brit with a Scottish accent that comes out when he reads Seamus Heaney's translation, as it should be. Yum.

*sing-songs* I know who he is...I know who he is!!!

He's a Yorkshire native. V. sexy.

*sighs*

xoxoxoBruce 09-26-2008 06:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Uh, good work in college there, girls.:rolleyes:

Trilby 09-26-2008 06:59 PM

all because one Yorkshire man is a sex god?

Nah.

and I HATED frikkin' Carrie Bradshaw---so there.

Juniper 09-26-2008 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna (Post 487302)
*sing-songs* I know who he is...I know who he is!!!

He's a Yorkshire native. V. sexy.

*sighs*

It's killing me, I want to see that tattoo on his arm. What is it?

And hey...

Why is it that when guys talk about a hot teacher, nobody gets on their case about misplaced priorities? Huh?

monster 09-26-2008 07:49 PM

Have you two actually managed to meet, yet?

Trilby 09-26-2008 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 487330)
Have you two actually managed to meet, yet?

No....my fault. I missed Juni on thursday----had a bitch of a week and overslept. I really hope we can meet---we're right on campus at the same time on T/R!

Juni---I'm in the Creative Arts building T/R---where are you?

SteveDallas 09-26-2008 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juniper (Post 487329)
And hey...

Why is it that when guys talk about a hot teacher, nobody gets on their case about misplaced priorities? Huh?

We men have our needs.

Juniper 09-26-2008 09:26 PM

I start out in Millett then head over to UH. Say, do you park over in Lot 20? We've probably seen each other but I don't know what you look like! You got a pic online here someplace? I'm over in the RFN thread.

When we DO manage to get together, we need to post a photo here! :D

I was thinking maybe we could even manage to take a class together next quarter... (giggle) Is Professor Mac teaching anything else you need? ;)

monster 09-26-2008 09:28 PM

the only pic I've seen of Bri was derinitely NSFL20

Juniper 09-26-2008 09:45 PM

OK, enough about that. I had a crappy day and I want to vent about it.

First off, I had a history exam. I do not like this history teacher. I had history 102 last year - the medieval era - and that prof was wonderful, even though his wife died right in the middle of the quarter he kept truckin' on, what a professional. This guy is a cranky old bat. This is 103, covering the late 1700's to the present. I like history, but this guy makes it terribly unlikeable. It seems to bore HIM. Plus he's a flaming liberal. I hate when professors infuse their own politics into the lectures.

So I had that test, and I didn't really do as well on it as I'd have liked. I was up till about 1 a.m. last night studying, which is early for me, except that I've been chronically sleep deprived for the past four weeks anyway, so it didn't help my mood.

6 a.m., beep beep...time to get kids off to school. (yawn)

All was well till my 3rd class, sociology. I was looking forward to getting my graded paper back, because I worked hard on it and I'm usually pretty good at writing papers. I mean, you know, I am a writer - if I can do anything, I can write. So I go up to retrieve it, and she gives me this funny, sad look and says "if you have any questions, let me know..."

It's a friggin 69!!!!!

With a big purple stamp that says SEE THE WRITING CENTER.

Granted, I usually write copy for businesses and feature articles, which is different from writing academic papers. But all the papers I've written thus far (two quarters' worth) have gotten rave reviews. This was a total SLAP in the face and I was just so unprepared for it that I actually started crying right there in class.

Part of my emotional display was pure fatigue, I know that. (sigh) I grabbed my stuff and left. I sat in the stairwell and cried for a while, then I went home and cried some more. Yeah, I'm kind of emotional. Can't help it.

Finally I decided to just drop the class. I was torn on this. I wanted to stay in the class and re-submit the paper (if we get below 70, we're allowed a 2nd chance, which she *hinted* was why she graded it so low, she wanted to give me that chance to get an A... at least I think that's what she said, I was too busy boohooing) just to prove I COULD. But the thing is, I don't need this class. I just took it because 5 classes is the same price as 4, and I thought it was going to be interesting. Isn't that stupid? So why kill myself over a class I don't need anyway? It's writing intensive too, so I'd have to write three more of these papers. Screw it, that's a lot of time I could devote to the classes I DO need.

Thanks for letting me vent. I feel better now. Sort of.

ZenGum 09-26-2008 09:54 PM

Juni, she gave you a "69" and suggested that you see her privately. Can't you take a hint???

SteveDallas 09-26-2008 10:00 PM

I'm sorry you had a sucky day... Hang in there it'll be better.

But I had to laugh at this:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juniper (Post 487364)
With a big purple stamp that says SEE THE WRITING CENTER.

If I had one of those stamps at work, I'd go through an ink pad a week!!

Juniper 09-26-2008 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 487368)
Juni, she gave you a "69" and suggested that you see her privately. Can't you take a hint???

Oh EWWWWW! This woman must weigh at least 400 pounds. :headshake

SteveDallas 09-26-2008 10:38 PM

That doesn't mean she doesn't need some lovin'.

Juniper 09-26-2008 10:55 PM

Thanks for making me laugh. :)