The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Bush's Shrinking Safety Zone (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=9631)

Happy Monkey 12-18-2005 01:09 PM

So, since it's now 2005, you'd say it's treason?

HUMBUG 12-18-2005 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marichiko
I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel as anything but an on-rushing train.

That's one hell of a dildo! :lol:

HUMBUG 12-18-2005 02:08 PM

I like Bush! :yum:

HUMBUG 12-18-2005 02:12 PM

A bird in the bush is worth two in the hand. :p

tw 12-18-2005 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad
You behave differently in times of war.

So when do we start fighting the war. When do we go after bin Landen?

Clodfobble 12-20-2005 02:16 PM

Bin Laden's dead. Personally, I think we have proof but refused to let him be a martyr by announcing it. But even if he's been vaporized and we have no idea when it happened, the man is dead.

HUMBUG 12-20-2005 02:23 PM

Well, there's always Alec Baldwin.

Griff 12-20-2005 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw
So when do we start fighting the war. When do we go after bin Landen?

Wrong war pal. We're fighting the war against Constitutional checks on Executive power. George is winning.

Tonchi 12-21-2005 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble
Bin Laden's dead. Personally, I think we have proof but refused to let him be a martyr by announcing it. But even if he's been vaporized and we have no idea when it happened, the man is dead.

I'm so glad to find out I am not the only person who is sure of that. When I tell people that he has been dead for years now I seem to be all alone in that opinion. Asked why I think his death was not revealed, I explain that we could not have recovered the body for indisputable proof anyway, and the US does not want a martyr which the Muslims can rally around and turn him into a saint. On the other hand, the Bin Laden followers, especially the recruiters of new talent, want to keep the money flowing in which Bin Laden used to control and they also don't want the Arab world to know that the US really DID keep their promise to wipe the guy out. Believe me, it is not that difficult to mix a tape with Bin Laden's voice, because they have practically unlimited funds to invest on the technology (especially with their cells in Germany). And think about it, with all the imense fortune Al Quaeda controls, why are the videotapes of Bin Laden of such dismal quality? ON PURPOSE! So you can't really see for sure who it is! Think how long they could keep up the masquerade if HDTV was the medium?

tw 12-21-2005 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonchi
I'm so glad to find out I am not the only person who is sure of that. When I tell people that he has been dead for years now I seem to be all alone in that opinion.

It is the nature of the Muslim Brotherhood. Bin Laden was just another dandelion in a large field called Muslim Brotherhood. JI in Indonesia is but another example. They were not Al Qaeda. But American spin doctors also need JI to be Al Qaeda to promote their agenda. Just another example of the confusion - and why bin Laden could be perfectly safe, happy, and alive.

Bin Laden's job has simply moved to others by the same method that he inherited the job. He is probably alive. And will remain an inspiration for others to kill Americans. Americans so feared bin Laden as to not go after him. Does not matter whether that is your opinion. That is how bin Laden plays out where it matters.

By not going after him, we only demonstrated that Americans are the equivalent of a paper tiger. Rise up and join the insurgency - Allah Acabar. Even bin Laden lives - no matter what you may suspect. We have George Jr to thank for that.

Happy Monkey 12-21-2005 08:39 AM

From here.
Quote:

Look. We have a President here who is making a claim of unlimited power, for the duration of a war that may never end. Oh, he says it's limited by the country's laws, but they've got a crack legal team that reliably interprets the laws to say that the President gets to do whatever he wants. It amounts to the same thing.

I am not exaggerating. I am really and truly not.

September 11 started the war. When will it end? Maybe never. Where is the battlefield? The entire world, including the United States. Who is an enemy combatant? Anyone the President says is an enemy combatant, including a U.S. citizen--no need for a charge, no need for a trial, no need for access to a lawyer. What if they're found not to be an enemy combatant? We can keep them in prison anyway, and we don't have to tell their families they're alive or their lawyers that they were cleared. What can you do to an enemy combatant? Anything you want. Detain him forever, for the rest of his life, because this is a war like any other and we have always been able to detain POWs for the duration of the war. But you don't need to follow the Geneva Conventions, because this is a war like no other in our history. And oh yes--if the President decides that we need to torture a prisoner for the war effort, it's unconstitutional for Congress to stop him. They took that position in an official memo, and they have not backed down from it. They have said it was "unnecessary" but they have never backed down from it.

They are not only entitled to do these things to people; they are entitled to do them in secret. When Congress asks for information about them, they can just ignore it. And they are entitled to actively deceive the public about all this.

That's the power they claim. At what point are we going to take that claim seriously?

Undertoad 12-21-2005 09:16 AM

I am not exaggerating. I am really and truly not.

I'm sure she believes that.

Falling sky noted. Does anyone want to make an entry on the Cellar calendar for a prediction on when it will land?

glatt 12-21-2005 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad
Falling sky noted. Does anyone want to make an entry on the Cellar calendar for a prediction on when it will land?

The nature of the beast is that the sky only falls on a few people. Keep your head down, and hope it's not you. So far, it's just the towel-heads with funny sounding names that have to worry. I should be safe.

Right? :worried:

Undertoad 12-21-2005 10:36 AM

Yes. You ARE safe from the horrible possibility of having agents of the federal government listen to your phone conversation without the OK of a federal judge.

And now, so are the towel-heads.

Do you feel safer? You probably aren't.

fargon 12-21-2005 11:03 AM

I just dont care any more

If some government agent wants to listen to me, then so be it. I have nothing to hide, at least the terrorests that are here afraid to fart for fear they will be caught.