The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Holy Shit! It's LabRat!!! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=26327)

infinite monkey 11-18-2011 02:41 PM

I was thinking the same thing!

classicman 11-18-2011 04:46 PM

No one knows whats going on with her. Maybe she wanted to pop in say hi and wish you all a happy holiday season or something.

BrianR 11-18-2011 09:24 PM

I might be able to find out.

She has popped into chat once or twice
I'll ask her for an update on the sly.

Sundae 11-19-2011 05:29 AM

Please do.
Ask her how she is I mean. I'd love to have an update. I do miss her, she was such a gentle person.

sexobon 11-19-2011 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limey (Post 773978)
Isn't this just a little bit like stalking?

NO! The user has a control panel option of being "Invisible" and not showing up on the "Currently Active Users" list and "Last Activity" record. This is a user who WANTS to be noticed without interacting knowing full well that revealing a presence here is likely to generate discussion and probing. It's a diagnostic endeavor to elicit our feelings, after the passage of time and attrition, without the user ever having to actually ask us and it's being pulled off by someone already known to be smart enough and have an evasive character. If you need to put a label on the community's response to being used like this, you can call it counter-lurking. :eyebrow:

infinite monkey 11-19-2011 09:01 AM

Yep!

ZenGum 11-19-2011 05:15 PM

It isn't stalking, but it is kinda blowing her cover if she is trying to slip back for a discrete reconnaissance.

monster 11-19-2011 05:16 PM

then she should go invisible

Aliantha 11-19-2011 05:18 PM

Really? wow. Sounds like you'd be happy not to see here here again sexobon.

I personally didn't attribute anything more to it than that perhaps someone had pm'd her and she came to respond to it or something.

It's been a while since all the stuff went down. I just thought that she might have worked through it with BR and that they might both have felt it would be ok.

Clearly, some people are not very forgiving.

fargon 11-19-2011 05:19 PM

Maybe she is.

fargon 11-19-2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 774215)
then she should go invisible

Maybe She did.

sexobon 11-19-2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 774216)
Really? wow. Sounds like you'd be happy not to see here here again sexobon.

On the contrary, I be happy to see a return (without the dirty laundry) just as I was happy to see Mari leave and I was happy to see Sam arrive.
Quote:

I personally didn't attribute anything more to it than that perhaps someone had pm'd her and she came to respond to it or something.

Gee, I wonder where you got that idea? :rolleyes:
Quote:

Originally Posted by sexobon (Post 773826)
... It seems more likely the user is PMing; or, has authorized someone else to monitor account activity.

Quote:

It's been a while since all the stuff went down. I just thought that she might have worked through it with BR and that they might both have felt it would be ok.

Then why no posts from either of them? They don't need our permission.
Quote:

Clearly, some people are not very forgiving.

Clearly, some people are not very logical.

Really, it's not your forte.

Aliantha 11-19-2011 10:45 PM

WTF is your problem?

What did I ever do to you to deserve this hostility?

Do you think that just because you suggest something you're the only one that might have a thought ie
Quote:

I personally didn't attribute anything more to it than that perhaps someone had pm'd her and she came to respond to it or something
What's with the attitude?

zippyt 11-19-2011 11:08 PM

What's with the attitude?

PMS

Aliantha 11-19-2011 11:18 PM

:lol2: