The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Image of the Day (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   July 8, 2010: Fingernailed (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23102)

Shawnee123 07-09-2010 07:50 AM

Oh, yeah, and no it's not about Lindsey. It's not about sympathy. It's about addiction. It's about hitting rock bottom before getting the help you need. Get over yourselves, holier than thou's.

I'm all for killing drunk drivers, but it's not my call.

Look at your own family. Condemn them for their mistakes...forever.

Shawnee123 07-09-2010 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 669615)
The girl needs to change her mind, but I can't see where she'd get the determination from. Jail time might be a chance to breath but she needs to do some serious work by herself on herself. She strikes me as too cynical to embrace whatever system "The Man" foists on her. Has there ever been a child actor who didn't have a crack-up?

Ron Howard. :)

Trilby 07-09-2010 08:13 AM

classic - for every finger you point at someone else, there are three pointing back at yourself.

No one is coddling LiLo. Not now, anyway. YOU ever spent any time in jail?

Griff 07-09-2010 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 669639)
Ron Howard. :)

No shit, how'd that happen? :)

classicman 07-09-2010 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna (Post 669644)
classic - for every finger you point at someone else, there are three pointing back at yourself.
YOU ever spent any time in jail?

Yup - you?
I've had issues with addiction personally and I've tragedy strike those close to me. I got a damn good understanding of where this can lead.

And its about fucking time that people stopped coddling her and those like her. For all these people to want to act like its OK, dismiss her issues and make excuses for for her is ridiculous.
IT IS NOT OK.
There is still time for people to step in and HELP her... before its too late.
Its too late for too many others.

Shawnee123 07-09-2010 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 669647)
No shit, how'd that happen? :)

Probably good parenting, or just plain damn luck! :)

Shawnee123 07-09-2010 09:23 AM

Think how it would feel if, rather than a huge outpouring of support from family, friends, and even strangers, everyone turned their back on you, called you names, told you to suck it up.

As to the quitting drinking crap, I've heard that a lot, peppered with "oh, I'm having a few beers tonight" if the social atmosphere seemed to call for a couple beers. That's not addiction. That's drink-guilt. Oh, and lying.

Pete Zicato 07-09-2010 09:27 AM

I don't blame people for having addictions. I blame people for aiding and abetting their addictions. I don't see Lindsay fighting the good fight.

SamIam 07-09-2010 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 669563)
if you took the average addict in the street and offered them celeb status, do you think they would clean up their act, or use it to try and get out of the legal consequenses of their actions?

Methinks all y'all former addicts are just jealous you didn't have celebrity to add to your arsenal of excuses for your addiction before you got cured. But you'd have used it the same way she tried to if you'd have had it.

LOL I'd have done ANYTHING to keep drinking and get away with it!

Shawnee123 07-09-2010 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Zicato (Post 669671)
I don't blame people for having addictions. I blame people for aiding and abetting their addictions. I don't see Lindsay fighting the good fight.

If everyone immediately fought the good fight, there would be no addiction, yes? :confused:

What is the time frame for rock bottom? Is she off schedule? The silly tramp. Off with her head for not having that epiphany that former addicts report, on everyone else's terms and in anyone else's time. Not fit for society, that one. :p:

classicman 07-09-2010 09:45 AM

She doesn't have to fight, Pete. She's on so many medications right now its ridiculous.
She is a media created cash cow. What she needs is to get away from her false friends, dysfunctional family and management team who are more concerned with living off of her than in her own well being. Odds of that actually happening? ZERO.
Then again she is getting advice from her "friends who have already gone to jail, Kim Kardashian and Lane Garrison who killed a passenger in his car while driving drunk.

Shawnee123 07-09-2010 09:48 AM

OH. MY. GAWD.

Too much. I gotta get out of this thread. For christ's fuck.

SamIam 07-09-2010 10:08 AM

Shawnee, if I ever start drinking again (God forbid), I want you as my sponsor. :p:

glatt 07-09-2010 10:14 AM

I read this morning that her lawyer quit.

Shawnee123 07-09-2010 10:15 AM

Quote:

Shawnee, if I ever start drinking again (God forbid), I want you as my sponsor.
Heehehe...no you don't. I would totally suck at sponsoring. I'm good at commiserating though, if there's an opening. :) And stay on the path, Sam, you are doing wonderfully!

glatt: her lawyer looked pretty disgusted with her in the sentencing video, as I would have been.

I hope the girl gets some help. She needs it.