The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Seeking the perfect RPG... (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=20055)

Razzmatazz13 05-04-2009 10:34 PM

No lj, I got it for $20 (1 game + 2 expansion packs) at best buy, no monthly fee...just a regular game

slang 05-05-2009 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 555990)
And after reading the thread title I thought you were looking for one of these...

Yah, that's what I was thinking too. How many types are available nowdays.

Does a LAW count in the same catagory?

Flint 05-05-2009 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 562763)
I have a question.

does this game charge you a fee to play on their servers each month?

There are no servers. It runs on your computer. It's not one of those games where you're walking along minding your own business and suddenly you get killed by a flying, invisible 10-year-old with the ultimate cheat code. All the people you interact with in this game are animated characters with artificial intelligence. They're not as predictable as video game characters used to be, though. They actually react and make decisions.

SteveDallas 05-05-2009 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beestie (Post 561569)
I will get that for the kids to play on their Wii - looks awesome. I might even give it a go. Post more links to that kind of stuff - I'm out of the loop on this topic.

You might like N+... available for various platforms (but not the Wii I don't think).

Flint 05-07-2009 11:43 AM

I almost got killed collecting six sets of bear fangs for this farmer who promised me a reward. And what he gave me was ... a book. WTF. It was an enchanted book, though. It gave me a bonus in Heavy Armor. Uh...I wear light armor. This is a useless reward.

So I broke back in to his house, to rob him of anything valuable. As the reward I deserved. He caught me trying to pickpocket him, and started yelling for guards. So I killed him. Nobody came and nobody saw what happened, so...that's that. No negative consequences.

I feel kind of empowered by that. I'm a stealthy character. I wonder what else I can get away with.

I think I will do a few contract hits for the Dark Brotherhood and see how that goes.

This will earn me infamy, but so what? I don't really care if NPCs "like" me.

glatt 05-07-2009 11:49 AM

Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.

Flint 05-07-2009 11:57 AM

Let's face it. My main skills are Sneak, Marksman (sniper), Alchemy (making poisons), and Security (lockpicking). I'm not the "hero" type.

On the other hand, I always give coins to beggars. And this has, as far as I know, no direct benefits in the game.

On the other hand, I did kill a homeless guy in order to be initiated in the Dark Brotherhood...

BigV 05-07-2009 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDallas (Post 562980)
You might like N+... available for various platforms (but not the Wii I don't think).

Got it.

Love it.

lumberjim 05-07-2009 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint (Post 563543)
On the other hand, I did kill a homeless guy ...

the PC term is 'Hobo'

Beestie 05-07-2009 08:43 PM

Is there a way to get World of Goo on a Wii DVD? Seems like the only way to get it is to download it directly onto the Wii. I'll buy stuff that I download onto my PC because I can burn a hardcopy as a backup. Is there a way to make a disc copy of a version downloaded to the Wii?

Happy Monkey 05-12-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint (Post 563540)
I think I will do a few contract hits for the Dark Brotherhood and see how that goes.

Like I said, best quests in the game. And one of the best rewards.

Flint 05-12-2009 05:06 PM

I'm doing all the Daedric quests first.

Pretty good rewards there, too. (35% chameleon ring, unbreakable lockpick, katana w/ 22pts fire damage, Oghma Infinium)

Pooka 05-12-2009 07:51 PM

You're a dork Honey.... and that's why I love you...

So can we buy Munchkin now and have game night?

ohgr 05-14-2009 05:35 PM

I have a bookcase at home dedicated to PC RPGs (Well over 200 fantasy games, most rpg, some rts, some action rpg) I've been playing them since I was 5 (24 now) so feel free to ask me if you're looking for a specific kind of game. I wouldn't label myself a purist by any means, i just prefer the fantasy style over anything else.

The first thing that comes to mind looking at your initial requirements is The Last Remnant. Really the only time you're going to find a true turn based rpg is with a squaresoft(square enix) title. You can find turn based rpg themed rts games (Ala fantasy wars, elven legacy, heroes of might and magic, kings bounty etc.) but nothing in the 1st or 3rd person mode. Last Remnant is gorgeous and has a real fun play style.

Razzmatazz13 05-15-2009 07:57 PM

My game won't runnnnn

It started crashing more and more recently, now it won't even start playing before it crashes. and the patch that might fix it won't install it says my old files don't match so I suck.

areghhhh

killing orcs is very therapudic! I NEED MASS GENOCIDE OF ORCS, IT CENTERS MEEEEE.