The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stupid People (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=15858)

Cloud 11-07-2007 03:14 PM

although I try not to judge, I'm human, and the first thing I think when I see motorcyclists without helmets is --- STUPID!

Cicero 11-07-2007 03:20 PM

Cloud is right there.....I just saw a chick this summer (riding on the back) with (barely) a shirt that was held on by a string, no helmet, no gloves, but what? Sunglasses......

I told my husband: If she would like to continue to be hot, she might want to put some gear on before her pretty skin is shaven off by the road when she hits it.

Watching that made me cringe a little on the inside...uuugh.

Shawnee123 11-07-2007 03:22 PM

"Sorry for the incontinence." Written numerous times, in emails to the entire college, by a co-worker.

Cicero 11-07-2007 03:26 PM

lol!!!

No...that's not stupid, that's just Hilarious!!!!
:rotflol:

rkzenrage 11-07-2007 03:31 PM

"______ Pride"
Being proud of anything having to do with an association or coincidence of birth, not an actual achievement of your own.
Stupid.

glatt 11-07-2007 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 404468)
I have had that experience in the city many times... I have trouble with "no money" and I use instead "I'm sorry. I can't help you today." I do make eye contact, and my smile is free and sincere.

For me, it's "Sorry, no," with eye contact, but not even slowing down. I didn't used to be that brusque, but 16 years of walking past these guys every day will get you to streamline a bit. They will still be there tomorrow if you give them cash or not. No homeless people starve in DC. Plenty of soup kitchens. Lots of shelters too. I donate $ to the shelters and kitchens to keep from feeling too much guilt.

Cicero 11-07-2007 03:40 PM

ok....
Stupid people ask for money I see (in nice coats or not).....there's a reccurring theme here.....

I was not aware of that. The next time someone asks me for money I will call them stupid.

Cloud 11-07-2007 03:45 PM

er, I think Zengum was berating himself for falling for a con, not that the requesting party was stupid.

Cicero 11-07-2007 03:51 PM

....there's a recurring theme here......

Zengum did what when?!? what?

rkzenrage 11-07-2007 03:52 PM

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21661718/?GT1=10547

Shawnee123 11-07-2007 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cicero (Post 404516)
....there's a recurring theme here......

Zengum did what when?!? what?

Sheesh, Cicero, you're stupid.

I'M KIDDING. You know I loves ya! :p :bolt:

Cicero 11-07-2007 04:05 PM

RK...Their high school is pretty stupid too.
The only school I ever got in trouble in.......I'm glad I had a short stay there.

Perry Winkle 11-07-2007 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkzenrage (Post 404517)

People who think they shouldn't be punished for breaking stupid rules are stupid.

Cicero 11-07-2007 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 404520)
Sheesh, Cicero, you're stupid.

I'M KIDDING. You know I loves ya! :p :bolt:

Best run..sucka!! I may be stupid...but I bet I can still kick some major Shawnee...........#@*!!
:D

ZenGum 11-07-2007 10:18 PM

The only con I've been suckered into lately was accepting Cicero's challenge to reach 1,000 posts, when she was already 700 in front of me.

I thought the point about the stupid people and beggars was the sucker who gives an unreasonably large amount of money to a beggar because they believed some made-up sob story. I'm not really sure if that is stupidity though.
Or am I being stupid in not grasping your irony and you already knew this? Duhhhhhhh?

My next stupid people story comes from when I was working in a petrol station (gas station to USAns.) A refinery strike led to an odds-and-evens rationing system; you could only buy petrol on alternate days, depending on whether your number plate ended with an even or odd number.
Questions included:
*Is it the first digit or last digit I check? (from a guy whose numbers were ALL even!)
*Is zero an even number? (Just let me check my reference list for you sir...)
*What's an even number? (WTF? Helllloooooo?)