The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cellar Meta (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dave just left (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=4462)

hot_pastrami 12-01-2003 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by lumberjim
that could describe bruce.....
....unless......

Utoad has really been bruce all along.....????

has anyone ever seen them together in the same place at the same time.....?????

Now that you mention it, UT wears glasses, and Bruce is always wearing that cape and blue tights....

(NOTE: I don't know if UT really wears glasses)

SteveDallas 12-01-2003 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by lumberjim

has anyone ever seen them together in the same place at the same time.....?????

Yes.

Unless you want to go to full conspiracy mode and posit that UT hired someone to play bruce! :D

I've stayed out of the current train derailment because I don't know anybody involved well enough to have an opinion.

But I will say that I've hardly ever seen a sysop (if you'll pardon the archaism) who throws his weight around as little as UT has over the years. If he thinks somebody's being an ass (whether that opinion is or is not justified), I for one don't think he should restrain himself from expressing that opinion because he's afraid some people might feel he's lording it over us as The Cellar Master(tm).

xoxoxoBruce 12-01-2003 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by hot_pastrami

Now that you mention it, UT wears glasses, and Bruce is always wearing that cape and blue tights....

(NOTE: I don't know if UT really wears glasses)

You never, never, ever, have or will see me in tights. Ever. :p

hot_pastrami 12-01-2003 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
Promises, promises. That's what you said about pink legwarmers, too... and how long did THAT last? A week?

elSicomoro 12-01-2003 09:58 PM

But I thought YOU wore the pink legwarmers. You said they were a nice contrast to the Camaro.

hot_pastrami 12-01-2003 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by sycamore
But I thought YOU wore the pink legwarmers. You said they were a nice contrast to the Camaro.
Well you know, I'd be lying if I said I haven't worn pink legwarmers. Today. But if it makes you feel any better, I don't know how to finish this sentence.

SteveDallas 12-01-2003 10:16 PM

Quote:

"Let's go get out of these women's clothes, and back into our tights."
--Robin Hood: Men in Tights

tokenidiot 12-01-2003 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by juju
Besides, I'll know it's you. The posts will be from 1-3 sentences, with extremely compact, witty insight.
hahahahahaha. good. lord.

wolf 12-02-2003 12:18 AM

Bruce and UT have been in the same place at the same time in separate bodies. We have pictures.

(and I know it wasn't a fake UT, since I met him many years ago.)

lumberjim 12-02-2003 12:39 AM

thanks for clearing that up, wolf. I was beginning to worry.

wolf 12-02-2003 01:08 AM

Quote:

Not even if I ask really, really nicely and bat my eyelashes?

Edited for grammar.

wolf 12-02-2003 01:11 AM

Although it's true that no one person makes The Cellar™ I will miss Dave's ability to kick it up a notch (yeah, I'm comparing him to Emeril). I wish him nothing but the best.

juju 12-02-2003 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by wolf
Bruce and UT have been in the same place at the same time in separate bodies. We have pictures.

(and I know it wasn't a fake UT, since I met him many years ago.)

Sorry, UT, but I discovered your little ruse long ago. I won't be fooled again!

xoxoxoBruce 12-02-2003 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by wolf

Not even if I ask really, really nicely and bat my eyelashes?

Edited for grammar.

Please don't make me do it in public.:blush:

Whit 12-02-2003 09:16 AM

On the subject of the whole Dave/Syc/UT thing: Feh. That is all.

Now on the subject of Master Toad, the Cellar God: bullshit. I realize I only post now and again based purely on my amount of free time, not quite a regular as much as an irregular, so to speak. But I've been here for a while. I'll admit the first time I had a real disagreement with UT I was a little nervous. Know what? There no negative repercussions. None whatsoever. I maybe even got more respect because I posted my point of view intelligently enough for serious discussion, against a guy that is known to be quite intelligent.
      My point is that having UT as mod and regular poster is part of what makes the Cellar what it is. You don't have to worry about a thunderbolt crashing from heaven here. If UT has a problem with you, he'll kick your ass in the forums same as anyone else. He made his extreme dislike of Lovebugz pretty public, but didn't kick her, just tried to chase her off using mundane means available to anyone. Much like the anti-April campaign that is running currently. Point is, fear of Mod UT is misplaced, and jokes aside, another dummy account is not what we need right now