The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   60 Days (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18538)

TheMercenary 11-03-2008 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 500391)
I'm just surprised that there's not one single other person here who's looking forward to Christmas as much as me.

No discussions of Christmas, decorations, sales, or other references to Christmas until after Thanksgiving!

Aliantha 11-03-2008 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 500405)
I'm pleased that for once I'm with the majority. Have your fun though.

Thankyou Griff, I will. :) btw, you're not the only one around here who's often in the minority. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 500477)
No discussions of Christmas, decorations, sales, or other references to Christmas until after Thanksgiving!

I was talking to Dazza about this last night, and in the end, I decided I don't care about thanksgiving. :) Christmas is far more important to me. Sorry if I that upsets you yankies (well not really but it's the appropriate thing to say right?) but TG has no relevance in my life as an Australian.

Oh, and...

52 days to go!

My fruit has been soaking in brandy for a week now. One more week and it's time to bake my cake. :)

Sundae 11-03-2008 05:46 PM

Thanksgiving has no meaning for me either.
Clocks have gone back, Halloween is done.

BUT
I have my child mentoring interview on Friday
The I find out my Secret Santa recipient on the Monday after
I go to see Monkey on Tuesday
and if I get to be a child mentor I have my training the weekend after that

So I can't start the countdown until at least the 11th and possibly not til the 16th. Mmm-kay?

Aliantha 11-03-2008 05:48 PM

You can do that. I'll be sure not to say anything you might be interested in through the course of this thread till after then. :)

Aliantha 11-04-2008 04:47 PM

51 days to go!

Time to start looking in that decorations box and find out if anything needs replacing or repairing.

glatt 11-04-2008 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 501046)
Time to start looking in that decorations box and find out if anything needs replacing or repairing.

Absolutely. In about 50 days.

Aliantha 11-04-2008 04:52 PM

haha...very funny.

You're not much of a boy scout are you? ;)

Aliantha 11-05-2008 04:45 PM

50 days to go!

How exciting! Have you thought about what to cook for lunch on the big day yet?

We're having cold seafood and possibly a roast pork with veges. (depends on whether my crazy MIL comes or not)

Aliantha 11-06-2008 03:49 PM

49 days to go!

It's getting close now.

Have you thought about who you're spending Christmas with yet?

DanaC 11-06-2008 07:49 PM

I'll likely do what I always do: have a leisurely breakfast alone with my dog, then meet up with ma and her dog for a woods walk, then leave the dogs at her house and stroll down the hill to my brother's house for christmas dinner with him, his wife and the two girls.

That's as much planning as I require. In the unlikey even martin's not doin the bi family thing, me and mum will eat together.

Christmas in my family doesnt really get 'arranged'....it sort of happens. The meal gets planned, I presume.

[eta] fuck. fuck fuck fuck. you bitch, you wore me down and made me think about Christmas. Fuck fuck fuck. That's it now. The first little tinselly glimmers of christmassyess. FUCK OFF.

Bruce 9012 11-07-2008 03:59 PM

uuggghhhh

Sundae 11-07-2008 04:01 PM

I should think I'll be going home.
I have a feeling the office closes over Christmas. So if my landlady & son are here, I'l politely ask them to feed Diz for a couple of days and head back to Bucks.

Otherwise I might go up for a night, then spend the rest of the time here, but I'll def do a London Walk (Christmas Eve or Boxing Day) to mark the season.

Aliantha 11-07-2008 04:17 PM

I knew it. I KNEW it! I knew I'd crack you sooner or later Dana! ;)

btw, did you know that it's only

48 days to go!

We're going to have a nice quiet Christmas this year. Just my Dad and Step Mother and Dazza's Mum and probably my boys natural father for lunch, then a quiet night at home to rest and recuperate. :)

Aliantha 11-08-2008 06:09 PM

47 days to go!

That's less than 7 weeks.

How much christmas shopping have you done?

xoxoxoBruce 11-09-2008 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 502283)
snip~ and probably my boys natural father for lunch ~snip

Roasted? Broiled? BBQ'd? :unsure: