The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   So, How was your day? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=17371)

glatt 12-16-2016 07:01 AM

That's great news classic, even if you might prefer a different job, having any job working for decent people that pays the bills is a great thing.

footfootfoot 12-16-2016 07:14 AM

My day started with it being nine degrees below zero. As I've said before, THAT IS NOT ENOUGH DEGREES! Since my car is up on blocks ATM, I called the kids' mother to see if she would ferry them to school. She arrived shortly thereafter to pick them up.

The mm takes after me and is prone to getting distracted by details and missing the big picture or other details, like, oh, I don't know - closing the outside door while you go back to the bathroom to brush your teeth? I walk into to kitchen (where the back door is) and see the actual heat flying outside so fast it creates its own weather system as it passes through the mudroom into the yard.

Somewhat annoyed by her but she comes by it honestly.

It is still early to say what direction the day is headed.

classicman 12-16-2016 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 976518)
I hate to break it to you but green tea has a boatload of caffeine.

Yeh, thanks. They must be the ones that actually have flavor. I'm doing the decaf thing so the ones I'm drinking don't. I'm moving more into the mint teas. They at least taste like something.

zippyt 12-16-2016 01:54 PM

so far so good , did a few billable things this morning , and im off till after the first of the year ,
no wait , i have to work monday , strike that tuesday ,
oh And the 1st 2nd 3rd 4th , in a meat packing plant ,
oh well Double time for some of it ,
Weeeeeee !!!

footfootfoot 12-16-2016 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 976578)
Yeh, thanks. They must be the ones that actually have flavor. I'm doing the decaf thing so the ones I'm drinking don't. I'm moving more into the mint teas. They at least taste like something.

There's a Japanese green tea that has roasted barley in it. Not a lot, just a few kernels, but it gives the tea a nice flavor. I bet you can find a decaf version in a good natural foods store or online.

Also, I've heard this from a reliable source, but cannot confirm, that nearly all of the caffeine in tea is removed after only a few seconds of steeping. Supposedly it is on the surface of the tea. So you can steep the tea for a few moments to rinse off the caffeine and then transfer the tea bag to a different cup and let it brew for flavor.

Also, if your green tea has no flavor maybe you aren't brewing it long enough, like five minutes. And you can double up on the tea bags, I guess.

Griff 12-17-2016 09:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Twas a nice day for snowshoes.

xoxoxoBruce 12-17-2016 10:56 AM

Beautiful. :thumb2:

classicman 12-17-2016 01:01 PM

Thats a great pic, Griff. Love seeing the smiles!

classicman 12-17-2016 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 976610)
There's a Japanese green tea that has roasted barley in it. Not a lot, just a few kernels, but it gives the tea a nice flavor. I bet you can find a decaf version in a good natural foods store or online.

Interesting... will look around. Thanks!
Quote:

Also, if your green tea has no flavor maybe you aren't brewing it long enough, like five minutes. And you can double up on the tea bags, I guess.
I leave the bags in there for the entire time & I double up. I think I simply prefer a bolder flavor.

Gravdigr 12-17-2016 01:08 PM

So, How was your day?

I've been out of bed 20 minutes and I can tell how it's gonna go, already.

I'll be drinking early today.

glatt 12-17-2016 04:11 PM

Excellent Griff!

We had ice here. Not as fun. Thankfully it's all melted now.

Gravdigr 12-17-2016 04:47 PM

We're supposed to be getting our first snow late tonight/early Sunday. Some ice Sunday morning may be a possibility.

BigV 12-17-2016 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 976661)
I've been out of bed 20 minutes and I can tell how it's gonna go, already.

I'll be drinking early today.

PROTIP

It's a common misconception among rookie drinkers that it's necessary to get out of bed to drink. You don't have to be a rookie if you plan carefully in advance.

footfootfoot 12-18-2016 09:11 AM

*snort*

Gravdigr 12-18-2016 01:25 PM

I may have to try that 'bed drinking'. I've got day drinking down pat.