The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Image of the Day (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   5/7/2005: Soldier comforts dying Iraqi girl (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=8285)

mrnoodle 05-09-2005 03:48 PM

lookout, i'm gonna pop an aneurysm. quitit. :rar: :dead3:

magilla, they were mindlessly carving each other into sand-covered steaks 2000 years before the united states existed. they indocrinate their kids from the womb to kill themselves in the course of killing other innocents. the idea that they are forced by our actions to resort to this kind of behavior is about 50 generations late.

and i know liberals are human beings. but they're also dumb as fuck. :D

warch 05-09-2005 03:49 PM

Gets tricky when you're not sure who "they" really are. Your general "They" is not very helpful. Your defensiveness is blinding. No one is an angel, but there are evil doin's, This liberal goes on the record that the insurgents are evil. We've had our flashes too (see torture). But now, the US is stuck- Colin's old potterybarn riff. The trick is to be smarter, and that requires some analysis and strategy. And an ability to look critically at the situation and shift response when needed. Oh, and having the appropriate armor helps, too.

Oh and one more for this liberal record: Saddam is evil, too.

OnyxCougar 05-09-2005 04:17 PM

Iraqis were killing their own children before US went over there.

All that's different is that it's getting photographed now....

jaguar 05-09-2005 04:27 PM

Yes, all of them. They all stabbed their children to death at birth, I assume you read it was in the koran too, right?

mrnoodle 05-09-2005 04:29 PM

just having someone who is liberal also say "the insurgents are evil." without the usual leftist riders attached helps with the "defensiveness" (which is righteous indignation, thank you very much).

i'll flame up about dignifying those murderers with the term "insurgent" later.

warch 05-09-2005 04:37 PM

You're Welcome. Flame away. Do yourself justice.

magilla 05-09-2005 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrnoodle
lookout, i'm gonna pop an aneurysm. quitit. :rar: :dead3:

magilla, they were mindlessly carving each other into sand-covered steaks 2000 years before the united states existed. they indocrinate their kids from the womb to kill themselves in the course of killing other innocents. the idea that they are forced by our actions to resort to this kind of behavior is about 50 generations late.

and i know liberals are human beings. but they're also dumb as fuck. :D

Ah, and this is different from European history--how?

Once you replace the sand with loam, you can't tell the players without a program, bozo.

xoxoxoBruce 05-09-2005 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magilla
Ah, and this is different from European history--how?

Once you replace the sand with loam, you can't tell the players without a program, bozo.

And that makes it good? :eyebrow:

Griff 05-09-2005 08:01 PM

We're on the same ground as before the war. Somehow Bushites are able to ignore the consequences of their policies while claiming others don't recognize evil. Amazing.

Happy Monkey 05-09-2005 08:02 PM

Quote:

magilla, they were mindlessly carving each other into sand-covered steaks 2000 years before the united states existed.

Which geographical area does this distinguish them from? Not Europe. Not Asia. Not North or South America. Not Africa. I guess Antarctica wins.

magilla 05-09-2005 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
And that makes it good? :eyebrow:

Nope. But in my book, it disqualifies you from killing them for it.

wolf 05-09-2005 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warch
This photo is a powerful weapon for our side.

All sides, actually. Whether you believe is US is good, terrorists are evil or the US is evil, terrorists are freedom fighters, the photo can be positioned to suit your agenda.

Catwoman 05-10-2005 06:12 AM

Well blimey, don't think I have much to add, other than

Evil does not exist as a tangible quantity innate in particular human beings and not in others. There is no FORCE forcing 'them' to commit acts we label as EVIL. Everyone has a choice. The choice to kill and maim is a choice 'they' see as a catalyst in achieving 'their' aims. Use of 'them' and 'their' implies ANY FACTION currently or historically using VIOLENCE and proclaimed EVIL acts with intention to assert their own means. This INCLUDES insurgents, freedom fighters and legitimate War Decision Makers. 'Liberals' believe there is a REASON behind the CHOICE. They seek this reason and seek to address it. The only difficulty is that the evident underlying reason is probably WRONG. Acts of sword are not born of a=a! Reductio ad absurdum leaps of logic cannot be solved by addressing the REASON. Less 'liberal' minds jump non sequitur into oblivion, claiming the lack of logical reason MUST BE 'evil'! Insanity! Such leaps of logic happen every day, and this is their natural conclusion. Next time you think your wife's cheating because she came back late you've started a war. Do you feel hard done byand righteously indignant? You've entered a religion. Do you leave her and enter a path of thoughtless self destruction? You've suicide bombed.

mrnoodle 05-10-2005 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Monkey
Which geographical area does this distinguish them from? Not Europe. Not Asia. Not North or South America. Not Africa. I guess Antarctica wins.

It distinguishes them from all the countries that QUIT doing it once they got electricity.

But thank all of you for proving my "everything can be blamed on the white man" theory. Lib train's running right on time.

Happy Monkey 05-10-2005 12:36 PM

Quote:

But thank all of you for proving my "everything can be blamed on the white man" theory. Lib train's running right on time.

:question: You seem to be becoming unhinged. What did I say about white men?