The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Dear Mr. Obama (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18039)

Big Sarge 09-08-2008 09:25 PM

Radar - the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America does not have any statements identifying their organization as being against OIF. Their mission statement: Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America is the nation's first and largest group dedicated to the Troops and Veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the civilian supporters of those Troops and Veterans. IAVA is an independent organization and is not affiliated with any groups other than our sister (c)4, IAVA Action Fund

I can't find anything suggesting they are anti-war. Once again, I hope you can enlighten me. Geez, this whole traitor thing you are talking about really has me worried

Big Sarge 09-08-2008 09:33 PM

Radar, Oh, Radar - I've been checking out this Vietnam Veterans Against John McCain. I can't find anything where they are against the Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Where are you finding these hundreds of thousands Iraq War veterans against OIF??

lookout123 09-09-2008 10:36 AM

You're kind of slow, aren't you Big Sarge? Radar is a genius. He doesn't have to find hundreds of thousands of people because he has conquered the concept of extrapolation. that means he can take small amounts of data and build it out into a huge case proving our stupidity. Here watch:

Radar comes into contact with 100 veterans during a given month. 78 of those vets support the war so they are unamerican idiots and don't count. 7 more voted for Bush, the worst president evaar!, so they're out. the next 8 argued with him about the constitutionality of border enforcement so he shot them (it's ok, he says its allowed), so they're definitely out. That leaves seven veterans who can be counted for the purposes of the study. 6 think McCain is an asshat and one was sleeping so was unable to answer.

That means that nearly 100% of all veterans oppose John McCain.

Big Sarge 09-09-2008 04:11 PM

Thanks lookout. I was just having fun digging into some of his sources & then rubbing his nose in it.

I sure would like to meet Radar & discuss some of these things face to face. He must be a fascinating person. Not too long ago his profile identified his occupation as a law school representative. Now he is director of information technology.

lookout123 09-09-2008 04:16 PM

Quote:

law school representative.
I don't remember that. AFAIK Radar has always been a computer geek except when he was pursuing the hot dog cart thing.

glatt 09-09-2008 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Sarge (Post 482499)
Not too long ago his profile identified his occupation as a law school representative.

Radar?

He had, and maybe still has, a small business selling home school supplies. But I never heard of him having anything to do with law school.

There was the hot dog stand, and the run for congress, and the school supply business, and now the IT gig, but I don't recall a law school in there.

Through it all, he's still been Radar here on the Cellar. He gets more intense during election years.

regular.joe 09-09-2008 04:21 PM

Radar, I think you should re-enlist in the Military. Preferably the Army or the Marines. Then after you make it to your permanent party assignment, when ordered to Iraq, you should tell your commander that you have just received an unlawful order to participate in an illegal war. Oh, you should also threaten to kill him and his staff because they are traitors. I promise that I will come and visit you at your next duty station: Disciplinary Barracks, Fort Leavenworth, Kansas.

Radar 09-09-2008 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lookout123 (Post 482382)
You're kind of slow, aren't you Big Sarge? Radar is a genius. He doesn't have to find hundreds of thousands of people because he has conquered the concept of extrapolation. that means he can take small amounts of data and build it out into a huge case proving our stupidity. Here watch:

Radar comes into contact with 100 veterans during a given month. 78 of those vets support the war so they are unamerican idiots and don't count. 7 more voted for Bush, the worst president evaar!, so they're out. the next 8 argued with him about the constitutionality of border enforcement so he shot them (it's ok, he says its allowed), so they're definitely out. That leaves seven veterans who can be counted for the purposes of the study. 6 think McCain is an asshat and one was sleeping so was unable to answer.

That means that nearly 100% of all veterans oppose John McCain.

I work direct across the street from the VA and next door to the veterans cemetery you ignorant dickhead. I come into contact with ve1ts daily and they are overwhelmingly against the war in Iraq. Iraqi vets are also mostly against it, but a lot of them are committing suicide.

Radar 09-09-2008 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 482502)
Radar?

He had, and maybe still has, a small business selling home school supplies. But I never heard of him having anything to do with law school.

There was the hot dog stand, and the run for congress, and the school supply business, and now the IT gig, but I don't recall a law school in there.

Through it all, he's still been Radar here on the Cellar. He gets more intense during election years.

The Hot Dog Cart was an idea I was thinking about doing. The Homeschool supply store was in progress, but California basically made homeschooling all but illegal. I've always been in I.T.

The Law School thing was between consulting gigs, so was bar tending. You do what you must to pay the bills.

The Hot Dog Cart is still a great idea.

classicman 09-09-2008 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar (Post 482513)
I work direct across the street from the VA and next door to the veterans cemetery. I come into contact with vets daily and they are overwhelmingly against the war in Iraq. Iraqi vets are also mostly against it, but a lot of them are committing suicide.

Well the several vets I know personally are all in favor, therefore all vets are in favor of it. I'll use the same extrapolation method as you. See how silly it is now?

I didn't think so - oh well.

Radar 09-10-2008 01:16 AM

Let's see, thousands and thousands of vets are members of various anti-Iraq war coalitions, I meet dozens of vets every week, I am a vet, I have hundreds of friends that are vets, and you....know a few guys.

lookout123 09-10-2008 10:33 AM

OK, is this the part where I'm supposed to say that I come in daily contact with active duty military by the dozens and they overwhelmingly support the mission so therefore all vets, past and present, obviously and overwhelmingly, support the mission.

radar i'm simply stating that you are using the anecdotal evidence from the vets you speak with (who more than likely have other similarities with you) and putting that information out there as if it represented the majority of veterans. it's just ridiculous.

now this is the part where you can call me a stupid poopyhead who can't read.

regular.joe 09-10-2008 10:56 AM

poopyhead. Wow, before I used that term "poopyhead" I had no idea how it would insult and generaly sicken the Drill Sergeant portion of my brain. Thanks, cock.

classicman 09-10-2008 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lookout123 (Post 482716)
radar I'm simply stating that you are using the anecdotal evidence from the vets you speak with (who more than likely have other similarities with you) and putting that information out there as if it represented the majority of veterans. it's just ridiculous.

Thanks - that was my point which apparently got missed or ignored - whatever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by regular.joe (Post 482730)
Thanks, cock.

What are you thanking Radar for?

regular.joe 09-10-2008 06:48 PM

I just couldn't use the term "Pooooo" man I can't even type it, again. I was just lashing out in a very knuckle dragging way, and making a joke. Mostly, just making a joke. :D