The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Image of the Day (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   July 23, 2007: Monkey on a goat on a platform on a wire (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14881)

Shawnee123 07-24-2007 07:48 AM

I'm having trouble seeing where the weight is being borne on the front. But, I don't know much about goats...he might be strong enough that a split second of no weight on the front is do-able. Just looked funny to me. Eh, what do I know? :blush:

xoxoxoBruce 07-24-2007 06:41 PM

The weight is on the front most hoof and the other front hoof is just lifting off the wire, I think.

Anada 07-25-2007 11:31 AM

I must agree that it doesn't look quite right... altough goats can easily balance themselves in the most incredible of places, this wire thing looks unreal to me too..

Shawnee123 07-25-2007 12:01 PM

Hi Anada!

Watch out, Cellarites are known for being very sensitive about pictures of other things. ;)

Welcome!

Flint 07-25-2007 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 367112)
Main reason not a fake: no reason to fake.

Shawnee123 07-25-2007 03:45 PM

Well ain't that just the end-all, be-all quote to shut us up.

Main reason to fake:

Hey, look what we can do with a monkey and a goat and a wire.

But no one does anything useless for no reason, esp not on the net.

Let's pull out another amazing seemingly random quote:
Quote:

I'm not trying to be difficult. Did you look at the pic where the goat is stepping directly on the wire? It doesn't look right somehow. I was hoping you, and your kind, o grand experts of all that is photo and shopped, could explain why the goat seems to be hovering on the wire. IN the picture IN the link. Was hoping one of you photogs or big-time cartoonists could tell me.
Nah, just tell me I'm wrong and don't try to explain it, Flint. Maybe you could cartoon it. I can't believe how senthitive you are over this pic.

Flint 07-25-2007 04:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 367993)
... Maybe you could cartoon it. ...

DucksNuts 07-25-2007 08:03 PM

I dont think its a wire as such, but a bit of pipe or some such thing and goats are like cats....they can balance on nothing.

The hoof hanging down is actually pretty normal for goatie type stuff. Gunston (my angora) often climbs the fence out the front and when he is standing on it, one *pad* will be on the top rail and the other wont. It looks like normal goat gait with the positioning of the hoofs.

Wheres Goatman Griff in all this?

wolf 07-26-2007 12:32 AM

He's off trying to figure out how to make them do this, and also how to charge admission.

Shawnee123 07-26-2007 10:16 AM

Great cartoon! :p

Thanks Ducks, I was wondering about that. I didn't know goats had such balance. That was part of my question/confusion.

:earth:

Griff 07-26-2007 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DucksNuts (Post 368085)
Wheres Goatman Griff in all this?

Feeling guilty about not posting more pics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf (Post 368145)
He's off trying to figure out how to make them do this, and also how to charge admission.

and of course that.

Anada 07-27-2007 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 367932)
Hi Anada!

Watch out, Cellarites are known for being very sensitive about pictures of other things. ;)

Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome!.. I don't mean to hurt anybody's feeling ;), and just to support the balancing capabitilites of goats: http://www.magicposters.com/images/p...ncing_goat.jpg, a Balancing Goat engraving from 1800's.

Shawnee123 07-27-2007 02:27 PM

Naw, you're fine, Anada. I was just using your post as a vehicle to continue a little picking on each other thingy I had going on with a couple other 'ites. It's all good clean fun. :) Even a slurp spider was looking a shop debate posted a few years ago.

That picture is really cool. Thanks!

Hillrick 07-30-2007 07:55 PM

Been there... saw that

At first glance I said this looked like something you would see in China, then I looked again and said "I think I saw this in Nanning!" Sure enough that is where they said it was, right down at the zoo. They have a soccer playing elephant that is more interesting though...

DanaC 07-30-2007 08:15 PM

Well, hello Hillrick! Welcome to the Cellar. A soccer playing elephant you say?