The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you sad today (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=24118)

Big Sarge 02-09-2011 10:59 PM

awww...too cute!

plthijinx 02-09-2011 11:43 PM

he was a great cat. he actually was leash trained. yep, he'd walk on a leash and heal. we will miss him.

Sundae 02-10-2011 02:06 AM

Two beautiful cats gone.
I'm not going to say anything pukey about the Rainbow Bridge, but I have paused for a few seconds to acknowledge their passing. And I feel for you both PLT & Shawnee.

Sarge, that's a horrible thing. As you say it affects a lot of people.
And how awful to be a pupil at the school knowing there are empty desks.

Shawnee123 02-10-2011 08:12 AM

Pretty kitty, pilot. I'm so sorry for your loss.

I love sink kittehs! :)

Yeah, talking about Taj yesterday made me really sad. Sister Frances be damned, I am sure she is with her best buddy Toonces now. Anyway, Gaines won't let me fret too long: he's become quite the attention monger. Bless his little kitteh heart. :biggrinlo

Pete Zicato 02-10-2011 09:15 AM

Cats are great. Not to mention photogenic. I'd love to have one, but I'm reeeeeealy allergic.

plthijinx 02-10-2011 06:52 PM

thanks y'all. shink kittehs ah cute as ah button!

funny story: i remember one time last summer i was getting ready for work, he liked to sleep in the tub too (that's where he passed too btw) anyway, i had just woken up and didn't look in the tub i just reached in and turned on the water. yup. he was in there and did this....:eek: and :bolt: and i couldn't help but :rotflol:

plthijinx 02-10-2011 07:00 PM

oh and didn't mean to make ya sad shaw! Taj was a beautiful kitty!

DanaC 02-12-2011 06:45 AM

Ohh. So sad when they go.

I know I have it to face with Pilau, probably within the next year and a half, and I am dreading it. Most of the time I don't think about it. But sometimes. When he's struggling to get up or down, and at night when I send him off to go sleep on his bed under the window, instead of following me upstairs like he's done for the last 12 years (up and down on the bed every night, not good or his joints: and he gets stucks halfway down the stairs sometimes in the middle of the night;p).

Gah. Gonna go give him biccies and a cuddle naow!

Shawnee123 02-12-2011 07:11 AM

I have never met Pilau and yet I luvs him! He's a lucky doggie to have such a great mom. :) Give him an extra hug from me.

TheMercenary 02-12-2011 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 711079)
Ohh. So sad when they go.

I know I have it to face with Pilau, probably within the next year and a half, and I am dreading it.

Nothing worse.... I put one of my dogs to sleep myself and then called the vet, a good friend, balling my eyes out. Hardest thing I ever did. I couldn't put his brother down. We let the vet do it mid surgery. We still have one of the trio left and he hopefully has a few years left in him, but I see his age wearing on him. These dogs don't live much past 9 yrs or so.... so sad but so humane an act as well when it is time. We owe it to our dogs to take care of them and end their suffering when it is time. We know it. And I think they know it as well.

Shawnee123 02-12-2011 09:15 AM

You know merc, I think they know too. It's the last kindness we can give them. Damn it is a hard thing to do though. :(

DanaC 02-12-2011 09:22 AM

Pilau agrees.

Or, he would agree if he understood what was being typed. He's rather more interested in the open packet of McVities Digestives stood next to my keyboard..

Sundae 02-12-2011 09:25 AM

I wish I could get Diz interested in anything other than my shoulder.
As soon as I put him back down on my lap he protests by sitting right in front of he monitor (he'll ruin his eyes) or walking over the keyboard, or switching the printer on and then bolting back up onto my shoulder from fear at the noise.

Pesky shoulder cat.

Gravdigr 04-10-2015 12:04 PM

Quote:

The Franklin Park Zoo was noticeably quieter Thursday afternoon after its most famous and loudest resident, Christopher the lion, gave his final roar.
:sniff:

Lamplighter 04-10-2015 01:57 PM

Yeah, things like that generate a public sadness.

PDX Zoo recently lost an elephant due to an 11-yr, unsuccessfully treated TB infection.