The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What was the most recent movie you watched on TV? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=27942)

infinite monkey 10-03-2013 08:42 AM

The Big Chill was on TV the other night. I tried to give it one more chance. I couldn't do it. I had to turn it off right before I knew Glenn Close was going to offer her husband's penis to Mary Kay Place.

Great cast, great soundtrack, but omg I hate that movie. It might be a generational thing: my ex liked it and he was of that generation. But I didn't like it when it first came out and I still don't see The Big Charm of it (William Hurt excepted.)

Sundae 10-03-2013 09:40 AM

This may seem like a non-post (it is) but I am writing in support of Infi.
Excepting I can't remember what the film was...
And it probably didn't have a great cast or soundtrack.

I saw on in the TV listings when the 'rents were away and thought, "That'll be cool to watch again." But the film was both too young to be classic and too oldfor me in terms of gender politics. Never seen The Big Chill so I can't assume this was Infi's issue.

The film I watched just made me flinch too often. And not in a good old scare way. Aha - narrowing it down to a horror at least!

glatt 10-03-2013 09:43 AM

I felt like I was supposed to like Big Chill because the soundtrack was so popular, so I pretended, even to myself, that I did. But in hindsight, it was nothing special. Breakfast Club was much better for me at the time. Although that really sucks in hindsight too. It's all "my parent's just don't understand me." Boo fucking hoo.

infinite monkey 10-03-2013 01:55 PM

See, I don't feel that way about the breakfast club. It is what it is: a funny look at a bunch of different high school kids in the 80's, and it's funny. It doesn't take itself too seriously.

The Big Upchuck was supposed to seem so deeeeeppppp and meaningful and blah blah blah. What a pretentious bunch of assholes. A serious slap in the face to an entire generation imho.

Datalyss 10-03-2013 06:08 PM

Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla II on Encore

John Sellers 10-04-2013 10:36 PM

The Amazing Spider-Man on Starz! Edge HD

John Sellers 10-05-2013 05:05 AM

Talk Radio on Flix. I don't usually watch this type of movie, but this was pretty good.

John Sellers 10-06-2013 03:39 PM

Billy The Kid vs. Dracula followed by James James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter on TCM HD

Griff 10-06-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 878317)
It's all "my parent's just don't understand me." Boo fucking hoo.

Says the parent! :)

glatt 10-06-2013 05:07 PM

Yeah. Perspective changes a little. :)

John Sellers 10-06-2013 10:57 PM

Godzilla vs SpaceGodzilla on Encore Action HD

limegreenc 10-08-2013 11:04 AM

Sorry this doesn't count but I watch ELLEN every night on my PVR. I've recorded all the upcoming horror flicks so I'll be gettin' into them. I don't know what it is but I love to be scared/shocked/frightened at the movies...I spose that little kid in there is alive and kickin

John Sellers 10-08-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limegreenc (Post 879326)
Sorry this doesn't count but I watch ELLEN every night on my PVR.

No problem. If you think about it, TV shows are basicly just short movies...technically speaking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by limegreenc (Post 879326)
I don't know what it is but I love to be scared/shocked/frightened at the movies.

Most people do. Horror is one of my favorite genres.

DanaC 10-08-2013 03:53 PM

i love scary stuff.

I also like to read (or listen to audios) scary books.

John Sellers 10-08-2013 04:00 PM

Whutsa book? J/K I do read, but only for informational purposes.