The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cellar Meta (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   I may be leaving the internets (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13797)

Elspode 04-08-2007 01:10 AM

Bri has an unusually powerful cybersex routine that renders men weak and keyboards sticky. :D

footfootfoot 04-08-2007 11:57 AM

cccccccccccccccccccoollllllllll.

ttthattttttttttt'''''''''''''''''sssssss aaaaaaaaaawwweasomeeeeeee.......

Iggy 04-09-2007 11:59 AM

See, I left back in January when I lost connection at work. Every once in a great while (i.e. once a month) I check here for a bit to see if there is anything I missed. I don't think anyone even realized I was gone... but I was mostly a lurker. And now I find out that Elspode isn't on as much either, and foot might be leaving on a semi-perminent basis! What is happening here?!?!?

kerosene 04-09-2007 08:29 PM

I missed you, Iggy!

DanaC 04-09-2007 08:32 PM

Iggy! Come baaaaaacccckkkk

Beestie 04-09-2007 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna (Post 331697)
foot isn't leaving.

There. It's settled.

Two blank lines have never said as much.

Beestie 04-09-2007 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iggy (Post 332229)
I don't think anyone even realized I was gone.

Oh we noticed allright. We just didn't want to be impolite. Now pull up to that keyboard and siddddown. Now type something. And make it good.

See? ;)

Iggy 04-09-2007 09:12 PM

Hee hee

Now I am all nostalgic... I must come back! I miss the cellar. It really upsets me that it is blocked at work now... grrrrrr
Foot, I am sorry to hijack your thread... I hope you do not leave. Or at least are able to visit frequently. Even though I am not on much, I would miss you when I came to check in!!!
Thanks everyone, for making a lonely lizard feel loved. ;)

footfootfoot 04-09-2007 09:24 PM

hijack is what it's all about! hey Iggy, I missed you too.

Elspode 04-11-2007 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iggy (Post 332229)
See, I left back in January when I lost connection at work. Every once in a great while (i.e. once a month) I check here for a bit to see if there is anything I missed. I don't think anyone even realized I was gone... but I was mostly a lurker. And now I find out that Elspode isn't on as much either, and foot might be leaving on a semi-perminent basis! What is happening here?!?!?

I work for minions of Satan who have chosen to begin my orientation to Hell a bit early by restricting my online access at work. I'm making up for it by taking extra antidepressants and drinking heavily.

We've missed you, Iggy.

Griff 04-12-2007 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elspode (Post 333115)
I work for minions of Satan who have chosen to begin my orientation to Hell a bit early by restricting my online access at work. I'm making up for it by taking extra antidepressants and drinking heavily.

I can't imagine a situation where that wouldn't help.

Wecome back Iggy!

Iggy 04-17-2007 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elspode (Post 333115)

We've missed you, Iggy.

Sounds about like what happened to me. Only it isn't that my online access has been restricted, it is that every good site (i.e. everything but news sites) has been blocked so I can't view it at all.
I've missed you too!!! :D

Auldjaded 04-17-2007 05:03 PM

I don't know ya, Foot, but I'll say this: for my part, when the internet connection goes down for just a minute or two, I start to tremble and sweat, and fumble around with the cable connection, and restart my computer, and everything. Oh...and swear. You are a better person than I if you can give it up..."Hello, I'm auldjaded, and I'm an Internetoholic..."

footfootfoot 04-19-2007 08:30 PM

OK kids tonight's the night. Here's a quick rundown of the plan for the next several months. First, I have one more side of the house to tear down and rebuild (the one with the porch) I also have to complete the garage addition and a new bedroom over the kitchen. All this before June 10th, if you believe the Sonogram guy or June 27th if you believe the midwife.

Yes, the inchling is going to be a big brother. Since we think we're having a girl, if you believe the sonogram guy, perhaps we shall call her the millimeter.

This time I am hiring some other carpenters to help and that is expensive when you have four guys making $35/hr each. A fifteen minute coffee break is 35 bucks, at the end of the day you've spent $1120 dollars.

So, I need to get all my ducks in a row and not spend so much friggin time tapping my internet vein.

Also, I was talking to a friend the other day, someone from my photography days (which I am thinking of returning to) and he had to go take a few portraits of some CEOs for blah blah corp (very big, you use their products 24/7) the whole thing was a huge cluster fuck and a time waster. I wondered if the CEO cared about the wasted time and what it cost him and my friend pointed out "The guy makes more money each day before lunch than I make in two years."

So it occurred to me that I would like to earn more money and since I am not getting paid or even doing anything remotely related to earning money on teh internet, then I will take a hiatus and see what I can do with the extra time. (about three hours a day)

I'll check in periodically, I'm keeping my gmail account, and I expect some of you to upload some hrhrmbmmbb to cmep...

Or I'll come crawling back in a week or so. To paraphrase Douglas Adams:

So long, and thanks for all the links!

zippyt 04-19-2007 09:14 PM

Youl be back !! this placeis like Herion !!!