The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Would I be a fool? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=8574)

dar512 06-30-2005 09:34 AM

Tito - the chihuahua with attitude voiced by Cheech Marin in Oliver and Company.

When we lived in Seattle, our neighbor had a little white fluffy dog whose name was Killer. :biggrin:

Clodfobble 06-30-2005 11:11 AM

Uh, "cholo" does not mean "gangster," at least down here in Texas. It's a derogatory term for someone of mixed race (usually half Hispanic, half white.)

wolf 06-30-2005 12:02 PM

They have plenty of Portuguese in Rhode Island, but few Spaniards.

What about something overly cute to the point of being sickening? You know, like naming the new fella after one of the Care Bears ... or what was the name of Rainbow Bright's Horsie? That might be a good one.

staceyv 06-30-2005 01:34 PM

okay, cholo's out. I like Tito! Or emeril...

Undertoad 06-30-2005 01:40 PM

Piso Mojado!

http://cellar.org/2005/pisomojado.jpg

Trilby 06-30-2005 01:41 PM

I like Bruno or Mishkin--very sweet doggies. Good luck, stacey.

PS what about mojito? Minty fresh! :)

staceyv 06-30-2005 01:56 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions!! Mishkin is one of my top picks, too.
It would've been so easy if the two females were available- they were going to be "Lucy and Ethel".
The wet floor suggestion was cute, but I don't want to create a self-fulfilling prophecy.
I like mojito, too. This keeps getting harder! I'll sleep on it.

Perry Winkle 06-30-2005 11:40 PM

UD: Cholo

Tonchi 07-01-2005 12:15 AM

When my sister got a Yorkie who was severely hair-challenged, I suggested that she name him Varlet. It would have been very appropriate. She didn't see it that way.

Later on, when he had trashed her bedroom and pooped all over her bed when left alone at night, she probably reconsidered :p

wolf 07-01-2005 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grant

This entry actually led me to another idea ... "Low Rider".

He's short, and he'll probably bounce up and down to some extent ...

staceyv 07-01-2005 05:29 AM

Arsen likes "Rico" as in "rico suave". I was stuck between "rico" and "mishkin".
If we get the female, she's "Lulu".
At least we've narrowed them down a little!

I had to drink wine to get to sleep and now I'm awake and it's not even 7 am. I'm so excited!!!
Now I know how those infertile parents on the Discovery channel feel when they finally travel to that third world country to pick up their adopted child!
(we have to drive 2 1/2 hours just to get there)

Sun_Sparkz 07-01-2005 11:47 PM

i like Mishkin (for a female) an i also think Rico is perky and suave (for a male) in a doggy sort of way! :)

Tonchi 07-02-2005 12:35 AM

One of our neighbors when I was growing up had a little black chihuahua named Widget. He had been a pilot in the war. I don't remember if the dog was male or female, the name fit any little black ball with a non-stop tail :)

staceyv 07-02-2005 06:27 AM

Well, we got her!! She was turned in to a high kill shelter because she was "not good with kids"
She was the only dog not barking in her cage. When the guy took her out, she ran up to my dog, they touched noses, and we saw stars and flowers in the air. She behaved like a little angel princess while she was at the shelter.

We paid the $300 adoption fee and came home. She sat on my lap for the 2 1/2 hour ride because she wouldn't get in her crate- and I know better than to push her ass in because they told me she's fearful and that means she'll bite my ass. She humped her blanket at 15 minute intervals all the way home.

SO, we got home, she stole my dog's toys, his bed, tried to attack him, peed on the bed, the kitchen floor, the living room rug. She growled at my husband when he came near her bone, and she wouldn't let my dog near his food bowl.

My mother and her fiance, Rene came over. She was growling at Rene. I think she has issues with men. He said "oh, she's just talking". I told him to be careful. He reached for her and she tried to bite him. She went into the crate for the rest of the night.

Good news: Someone taught her "sit" and "down". She also seems to be housebroken, except for the territorial urine marking.

I really, truly saved a life. Anyone else would have toted her ass right back to the shelter. I have a nice little project now!

I have diagnosed her as dominant aggressive, territorial aggressive, insecure, afraid or simply hateful of men, and child aggressive.

Yay! 10 year birth control!! She's only a year old. She can NOT be around children. I have to warn all strangers not to approach her.

It's doggy boot camp time. Crate at night, crate when no one's home. "Earn" everything: food, treats, petting... No sleeping with us in the bed, no jumping up, no pushing our hands for petting. No rawhide unless Arsen gives it to her after she lays down. If she's growls to protect it, he will remove it with tongs. HE is the top dog. The bone is HIS.

Blah, blah, blah. This should be interesting and rewarding. I'm so glad she fell into my hands. I feel like I really saved her life.

By the way, she recognises me as the top bitch. She'll let only me: take a bone out of her mouth, approach her crate, walk near her, touch her food, etc. She also sits and lays down with no problem for me.
She is loving, sweet and hyperactive and psychotic. Someone really, really screwed up her head.
Those kids must have teased her until she attacked them, then her owners probably kicked her ass. If I say "no" too loudly, she gets on her side and trembles. Poor thing.

Oh well, she'll be fine. I'm glad I worked at the shelter and the vet and I used to have a rottweiler that I obedience trained. I can handle her little ass. Arsen has some stuff to learn- she sees him as an underling, but I think it'll all work out.

By the way, we're calling her "kitty". She's the dog on the right in the two pictures I posted earlier.
Wish us luck!

Undertoad 07-02-2005 07:26 AM

This puppy clearly found the right place to live. Well done Stace! Good luck with boot camp!