The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   BEER (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=24969)

jimhelm 04-21-2011 12:25 PM

Old Dog, wasn't it?

My favorite beer is Victory Golden Monkey. It's hella strong at 9%abv, and 275 calories a bottle, and $12 a six pack. So I don't drink it much.

Miller light and Yuengling light or Blue Moon and Yuengling Lager are the daily fare depending on my diet goals.

Also enjoy Yards Brewery Tavern Ale, Rogue Dead Guy Ale, Victory Yakima Glory, Victory Storm King and ...well anything strong and not too too hoppy.... although I like the IPAs when I'm actually thirsty.

Bullitt 04-21-2011 01:20 PM

Guinness when I'm out, Miller High Life or PBR when hanging with the guys playing videogames, and Mike's Hard Lemonade on summer nights on the back deck.

kerosene 04-21-2011 02:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by FishHook004 (Post 725264)
Well kerosene... I guess we both cope with boredom in different ways, I post threads about beer while you engage in conversation with Pam lol... to each his own huh?

Not sure you could exactly call it conversation. I was just messing around.

I had no beer at the time, but I got some later, so I didn't have to talk about John from Denver and my snow house.

This stuff was pretty good. Kind of sweet and, yet seemed very flavorful. I can't tell you what those flavors were, but they went down well.

Gravdigr 04-21-2011 03:19 PM

PBR, Leinie, Little Kings.

Man you guys are bringing back some memories...

My best friend (at the time) and I found a case of Little Kings when we were about 13-14. We went to the creek and sunk 'em to cool 'em off some. Got sicker than dogs.:lol2:

FishHook004 04-21-2011 03:28 PM

Might try that tonight kerosene... not a big fan of sweet tasting beer though

infinite monkey 04-21-2011 03:43 PM

Another couple, friends of mine, a bit 'rougher' than the aforementioned friends, will drink NOTHING but PBR!

First beer I got drunk on was Blatz. It even sounds like it'll make you barf. But it's what I snuck from my dad.

kerosene 04-21-2011 04:49 PM

My husband always drinks pbr. I will sometimes, but it isn't worth swearing off all others for.

Gravdigr 04-21-2011 05:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:yum:

FishHook004 04-21-2011 05:22 PM

Ill drink to that... cheers to everyone drinking and to the folks who aren't but wish they were

Pico and ME 04-21-2011 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 725355)
Another couple, friends of mine, a bit 'rougher' than the aforementioned friends, will drink NOTHING but PBR!

First beer I got drunk on was Blatz. It even sounds like it'll make you barf. But it's what I snuck from my dad.

Ahhhh... the good ole Milwaukee beers. Remember Schlitz?

jimhelm 04-21-2011 06:16 PM

:beer:

FishHook004 04-21-2011 06:45 PM

Just bought some harp premium lager.... very good beer... little bit of a "stank" aftertaste, but overall I approve lol

monster 04-21-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pico and ME (Post 725421)
Ahhhh... the good ole Milwaukee beers. Remember Schlitz?

My friends bought me a Schlitz. I fell out with them.

On the regular Bud tonight, but prefer select because of the fewer calories.

glatt 04-21-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimhelm (Post 725290)
Miller light and Yuengling light or Blue Moon and Yuengling Lager are the daily fare depending on my diet goals.

My beer is Yuengling lager. It's good to have a beer that is your beer. Yuengling is yummy, not too terribly expensive, and is respectable. I have friends who are beer snobs, and they respect Yuengling.

Miller Lite used to be my beer years ago, and I got a lot of heat for that.

eff&em 04-21-2011 06:52 PM

The aussies here should agree with me that Australia has been going through this micro-brewery, boutique beer phase the last few years where beer has become less of a tradesmens hard earned thirst drink and become one of those fine things to enjoy and talk about and try different types like red wine for example.

After that boring paragraph I've put myself to sleep and can't think of anything worth mentioning.

Oh Little Creatures Bright Ale, Pale Ale and Golden Ale is a winner and its brewed here in Perth.

Feral White
Mash Golden
Fat Yak

All nice beers but what I have in my fridge now is Cooper's Clear, which is kinda average but I keep finding myself buying it..