The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are you green? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=17142)

Dingleschmutz 04-30-2008 09:11 PM

I'm peeing green. Is that bad?

Drax 04-30-2008 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 449899)
Water and paper may be "renewable" , but it takes energy and creates pollution to recycle the water

Why recycle something nature can renew? Can you even recycle water? I need some explanation here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster
Also putting paper into landfill trash instead of recycling increases the amount of land needed for landfill and the time before land used for landfill can be reused.

After reading this, I would have to agree that recycling paper is better.

Cloud 04-30-2008 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dingleschmutz (Post 449967)

dunno, but CSI tomorrow supposedly has a bunch of people with green blood. stay tuned.

Drax 04-30-2008 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloud (Post 449958)
I reuse plastic bags for all kinds of things around the house. Usually only once, though.

That's a good idea.

Drax 04-30-2008 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dingleschmutz (Post 449749)
I put hippies in recycling machines.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dingleschmutz (Post 449838)
Also, sometimes I cut down trees so I can make protest signs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dingleschmutz (Post 449967)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloud (Post 449975)
dunno, but CSI tomorrow supposedly has a bunch of people with green blood. stay tuned.

Don't feed the troll Cloud.

Ibby 04-30-2008 10:25 PM

He's not a troll - he's a comic.
he's genuinely contributing to the cellar community, just not necessarily staying entirely on-topic.

Dingleschmutz 04-30-2008 10:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ha, thanks, I'm no troll. Dealt with those fuckers on other forums, I'm glad there's none here... I just have an aversion to hippies. I eat steaks just for the purpose of spiting them. But here, yay Earth!

Cloud 04-30-2008 11:11 PM

don't be bigoted. hippies eat steaks, too.

lumberjim 04-30-2008 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dingleschmutz (Post 450007)
Ha, thanks, I'm no troll. Dealt with those fuckers on other forums, I'm glad there's none here... I just have an aversion to hippies. I eat steaks just for the purpose of spiting them. But here, yay Earth!

Poser.

You were, no doubt, trying to get laid by a hippie chick. I know all about that, trust me.

Dingleschmutz 04-30-2008 11:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 450015)
Poser.

You were, no doubt, trying to get laid by a hippie chick. I know all about that, trust me.

It's true :( She married my best friend.

Dingleschmutz 04-30-2008 11:26 PM

Yeesh, bad pic of her... But hey, same pose... Think 'hotter version of Tina Faye'

Dingleschmutz 04-30-2008 11:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
More earth day pics!

Dingleschmutz 04-30-2008 11:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yay earth!

Dingleschmutz 04-30-2008 11:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, I actually stopped caring after 2006...

(Actually, I never cared, I'll be dead by the time it affects the planet)

Cicero 05-01-2008 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drax (Post 449974)
Why recycle something nature can renew? Can you even recycle water? I need some explanation here.

Yes you can recycle water.
Water reuse is a way to turn septic into either drinkable or groundwater for your yard. This is actually great if you have septic inspections because people with these types of systems usually pass because it insures that no septic water seeps into the groundwater and a proper leech fiield. It doesn't take that much energy, just microbiotic bugs. I think it's fascinating. Of course my husband does this for a living so naturally I would.

See Fuji systems, the slud*ehammer etc. Water recycling can be done on larger scales with very little energy consumption. That is the way they are designed and their selling point. They can also be used at your business like rest. etc. to clean your grease traps or home. Governments are going to start using the small scale systems to create larger systems for areas that have trouble even getting water, or water that is not potable. They are going to start selling plants to 3rd world areas at a price point (loan) so they will be able to then, sustain themselves.

Here's a water recycler for septic tanks...It's better than a tank oozing with crap. Cleans up your shit...and Tom Cruise's apparently.
http://www.sludgehammer.net/Press/Su...tMagazine.html

Not everyone has great access to potable water. Not like we do here...it's going to become even more scarce for lots of states even in the US and worse...the people who can't afford to even waste it.

Nature can't renew septic water. lol! Silly schmutz. Some of it is full of human disease.

I like their tag line: Nature called. We answered.