The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Armed America (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13203)

monster 01-31-2007 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaggieL (Post 311906)
Hoplophobia so thick you can cut it with a knife...

Quote:

Originally Posted by wikipedia
"the most common manifestation of hoplophobia is the idea that instruments possess a will of their own, apart from that of their user".

So you're saying he's got the Pizza because he thinks his guns may get hungry? :eyebrow:

Aliantha 01-31-2007 05:52 PM

lol...nice one Monster. Even more so because you've got the context exactly right.

My father has a fairly extensive gun collection, most of which are maintained and ready for use.

I don't think it's the fact that he's got the guns that matters so much as that he looks like a freak. That's just my opinion though.

Spexxvet 01-31-2007 05:58 PM

I wonder how many of those folks have shot someone to death. Certainly not Maggie. There's not a scenario I could think of that would cause her to shoot - at least not that she'd admit to in the Cellar.:right: Cartainly are alot of guns for not killin'.

Aliantha 01-31-2007 05:59 PM

Well I've shot things to death before, but not humans. :) Rabbits, snakes, Roos and foxes, oh and feril pigs.

Aliantha 01-31-2007 06:00 PM

I also killed a toad with a brick yesterday. It sucked because its guts came out of it's mouth and splattered my leg.

Very disgusting.

Spexxvet 01-31-2007 06:07 PM

http://www.availabledark.com/~ratty/...-val/smav3.jpg

Is that guy really wearing a skirt with knee-high socks? :eek:

Aliantha 01-31-2007 06:08 PM

Oh look, it's another fucking weirdo!

(Could be UG though. Looks a lot like a black kilt lol)

MaggieL 01-31-2007 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spexxvet (Post 311931)
I wonder how many of those folks have shot someone to death. Certainly not Maggie. There's not a scenario I could think of that would cause her to shoot - at least not that she'd admit to in the Cellar.

Still lying about that? Amazing. The evidence is clear. Now go read the Justification law.

MaggieL 01-31-2007 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 311913)
So you're saying he's got the Pizza because he thinks his guns may get hungry? :eyebrow:

No.

The hoplophobes I referred to clearly are not in any of the pictures.

xoxoxoBruce 01-31-2007 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spexxvet (Post 311938)
Is that guy really wearing a skirt with knee-high socks? :eek:

Hey, don't be ragging on my homey's kilt and hose. And before you start, no, it's not a purse it's a sporran. :p

Oh, and the cat needed killin'.

rkzenrage 02-01-2007 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elspode (Post 311868)
While I admire and even envy that gent's collection of firearms, I have to wonder why he's got a pile of small pizza place boxes stacked in the corner.

Those are rounds.

Hagar 02-01-2007 02:37 AM

I really don't get the whole gun culture. I don't know anyone who openly admits to owning a gun. I have over 200 regular customers, countless irregular customers and dozens of friends and acquaintances, and guns just don't get a mention. You can go around all day in Brisbane and you might see a cop with a sidearm if you looked for it.

Sure, we played with air rifles as kids, and my dad used to shoot rabbits in the bush as a kid, but the .22 he had was gone long before I came along.

I know it's in your Constitution, but why does that guy need ten guns?

It's scary.

xoxoxoBruce 02-01-2007 04:07 AM

I also go for days on end and never see a gun. You have the wrong impression, Hagar. That doesn't mean they're not out there, just not as visible as you seem to assume. ;)

Hagar 02-01-2007 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 312016)
I also go for days on end and never see a gun. You have the wrong impression, Hagar. That doesn't mean they're not out there, just not as visible as you seem to assume. ;)

You could be right. The impression I have is that gun ownership is so exalted, almost a rite of passage, and that it it really is a "right" to own a gun, necessity doesn't enter into it. I get this from the web and TV - I've never been to the USA, so it is all second hand.

I don't doubt that there are guns out there (over here), but our gun ownership laws are so different: if they're there, you don't see them. I can't ever imagine seeing a website like "Armed Australia" (sure 'nuf there probably is one).

It's not that I want to come over all "Michael Moore" at you, it is that I see the attitude toward guns as the single biggest difference between Australian and United States cultures. And, as far as differences go, its a whopper.

xoxoxoBruce 02-01-2007 05:45 AM

Michael Moore? Not at all, I commented because I see foreigners on the net seem to have a distorted picture of the US from TV, Hollywood, and the rabidness? ... rabidinity? ..... conviction, many of us show on the subject.:)