The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Image of the Day (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   January 10, 2007: Amazing, terrifying crash [not graphic] (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13051)

BigV 01-10-2007 05:02 PM

I played many many many many hours of acrophobia. I love it. Let's get something on a calendar, yes?!

BigV 01-10-2007 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbrutsch (Post 306138)
Good God. It's amazing how bad acrophobia can be; all it takes is these three pictures, and my palms are still sweating.

agoraphobia....

Spexxvet 01-10-2007 05:10 PM

How do you play acrophobia?

Clodfobble 01-10-2007 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad
It looks like we could set that up with a private room at www.acrowars.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV
I played many many many many hours of acrophobia. I love it. Let's get something on a calendar, yes?!

I'm officially taking initiative! Let's try tonight, in the room called "TheCellar" (http://www.acrowars.com/TheCellar), 9 PM Central US Time--that's 10 PM Eastern US, and hell-if-I-know for all you furreners. :) Log in with your Cellar username if it's not already taken.

I will be very sad if it turns out I'm all alone in there tonight.

xoxoxoBruce 01-10-2007 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 306186)

Clenchednutsackpuckeredpoopersweatypalm syndrome :eek:

Savannh 01-10-2007 09:02 PM

Jesus!

Um, to clarify, I accidentally had threaded mode on, and thought I was the first person to comment on the truck pictures. When I realised I wasn't, I also realised that a single "Jesus!" really was a bewildering post.

I should not post things when I have the 'flu.

Clodfobble 01-10-2007 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble
I will be very sad if it turns out I'm all alone in there tonight.

:sniff:

Edit: Dry those tears! RellikLaerec loves me after all. But the rest of you are still off the Christmas card mailing list!

Edit part deux: Okay, there were a few more takers late in the hour. We'll be trying again tomorrow night at 9 PM CST if anyone else is up for it.

mrputter 01-10-2007 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Ghost (Post 306127)
This "shit your pants" moment

*ahem*

Spinning and pooing...?

Beestie 01-10-2007 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savannh (Post 306256)
I should not post things when I have the 'flu.

I have the flu too. Missed 2 days of work already. 102°.

Undertoad 01-10-2007 10:53 PM

Not bad putter, referencing an IotD from 2001.

Aliantha 01-10-2007 11:02 PM

I tried to log in there but couldn't seem to. Maybe I'll try again with a different username. Perhaps mine is already taken and that's what the problem is.

Crimson Ghost 01-11-2007 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrputter (Post 306271)
*ahem*

Spinning and pooing...?

Trust me.

Speaking from personal experience, when something like that happens, you don't have clean underwear on for long.

In my case, no coyotes were involoved.

xoxoxoBruce 01-11-2007 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 306287)
I tried to log in there but couldn't seem to. Maybe I'll try again with a different username. Perhaps mine is already taken and that's what the problem is.

SPUCK 01-11-2007 03:41 AM

Speaking of a messy seat.

When I was going to college my apartment was 2 blocks from a railroad crossing. A major crossing. There were five rails crossing the roadway. Of course there were gates that would come down because multitrack crossing are extra dangerous.

Well one day a freight train was coming. At the limit. 79MPH. The gates went down and the traffic started piling up on both sides of the tracks. The five locomotives blew past the crossing as did the next 20 box cars in the train of 122 cars. The 21th box car derailed and instantly took out the tracks. The next 44 cars came over the crossing sideways They stayed perfectly between the crossing gates missing them by less than a foot on each side. They were filled with sheet rock and lumber. 2 Ton wheel sets went by no longer under the cars. It was a gargantuan mess!

I ran over there. In talking to a responder later he said most of the people in the front few cars actually blew their shorts out. I think I would've sitting there for perhaps 60 seconds while this unfolded before me.

I wonder if the guy in that truck had time to notice or was drunk and wondered why his car stopped going..

Sundae 01-11-2007 05:12 AM

Wow.

I love the set-up.

I was trying hard to dredge up some empathy for the driver - but although I appreciated it must be horrible to jump the guard rail, the car just wasn't trashed enough to get my sympathy.

And then the reveal. Oh My God!

Made me feel a lot better about today's disaster (choosing to walk in and then being rained on so hard every single stitch of clothing I had on was running with water).