The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Creative Expression (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   What did you make today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=22987)

footfootfoot 05-30-2013 12:05 PM

This is what you need and what the guy in the first comment said, tell them there is a 100% chance the plaster will be damaged, but you'll do your best to avoid it.

Then whip this out, cut the stud, et voila! no broken plaster and you are a hero. 4:20 shows the small saw. The best money I EVER spent on a tool. The only thing this tool is good for is getting your ass out of a tight spot. If you don't need to be rescued then any other tool will out perform this thing.

glatt 05-30-2013 12:10 PM

I've only heard good things about the Multimaster. And there have been a few times I could have used one. But amortizing the cost, it would be like $50 per use. HArd to justify.

xoxoxoBruce 05-30-2013 12:14 PM

I doubt like hell it's a supporting wall, which means EVERYTHING is cosmetic except the pipe and wire, and they can be turned off while you play with them. Go crazy.

Lamplighter 05-30-2013 12:21 PM

Multi-tool -like tools can be rented @$10/day.
But you may have to provide your own blade.

So, before you return the tool to the rental shop, keep blade blade.

Chocolatl 06-16-2013 03:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Today I made a clay tablet with my name and city written in Akkadian cuneiform for my archaeology class. What fun! Hoping to practice some more tonight.

Attachment 44372

glatt 06-16-2013 03:47 PM

That's really cool!

ZenGum 06-16-2013 07:48 PM

Cool indeed. Now go bury it near some ancient Indian ruin and in ten years read about some hapless archeology postgrad who has discovered proof of ancient Mesopotamian trade routes to Florida.

It'll probably run on Fox. ;)

JBKlyde 06-16-2013 09:33 PM

lol but what ever you do don't crush it up and let the wind blow it away or you might start a war...

Clodfobble 09-24-2013 09:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
First I made foil molds, then I made these coconut flour hot dog buns in them. Turned out perfectly. The kids are going to flip their shit when they see them...

glatt 09-24-2013 09:51 AM

Those look awesome! I don't care for coconut, but they look so good, I'd try one.

Clodfobble 09-24-2013 06:00 PM

They don't taste coconut-y to me, but I have an admittedly dull palette. To me the closest flavor match is kind of a sweet, moist cornbread.

Griff 09-24-2013 08:33 PM

Nice, I assume you have some not nasty hotdogs?

Clodfobble 09-25-2013 08:48 AM

Yeah, they're officially sausages made on site at Whole Foods, but they're in a lamb casing, which is a whole lot skinnier than pork casing. Same size and diameter as hot dogs, but filled with nothing but ground meat and fresh seasonings. Ketchup and mustard are touch-and-go (I do have some that they can eat, but they don't taste that great,) but sauerkraut is all good.

orthodoc 09-25-2013 06:53 PM

I've never come across coconut flour ... does it rise better than, say, rice flour?

I remember the days of trying to find substitutes for all the unhealthy 'fun' foods when my kids were little. It was tough. I'm grateful to have reached a stage where I can eat fresh, whole foods and not be criticized or considered crazy. And the irony ... after a childhood of complaining and accusing and raging, my kids now prefer whole foods and rarely or never eat the stuff they clamored for when younger.

Clodfobble 09-26-2013 01:09 PM

Oh yes, it's vastly superior to rice flour. The thing is, aside from being more expensive, coconut flour sucks up a TON of moisture, so the typical baking ratios are completely different. Most coconut flour recipes have at least 4-6 eggs and relatively little flour, a cup at the most. But somehow the end product is completely bread-like, not the souffle you would expect.