The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Be a post whore! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13909)

toranokaze 11-30-2012 08:09 PM

What in the world can make a brown-eyed girl turn blue?

Choking

footfootfoot 11-30-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toranokaze (Post 841145)

Choking

:rotflol:

Sundae 12-01-2012 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 840971)
If you can wipe poop from legs and butts, why would you need a rubber glove for the plunger handle? Unless you use gloves for that too, which is not unreasonable. I reckon the plunger handle is just as contaminated as the tap handles or the toilet flush lever, and I don't glove up for them.

We use disposable non-latex gloves for cleaning up children. Although it is discouraged - technically there should be another adult present if a child is exposing their genitals. There should also be no touching between adult and child (which the second adult is there to ensure). However this is impractical due to staffing levels - you cannot take a teacher out of a class of 30 for example, in order to clean up a child. Nor can you employ a member of staff with nothing else to do but wait for these situtaions!

Neither can you pass a pack of wet-wipes through the toilet door to a 4/5 year old (or a sick 6/7 year old or older) and expect them to come out squeaky clean.

Plunging is a job requiring a more robust glove, however.
I could have done it sans gloves I guess and in the end I think I probably did get fecal matter on my right hand too. But I was too squeamish not to try for rudimentary protection.

And no, the glove I used is not the sort of glove you want to turn inside out. It's explored more dubious areas than Sir David Attenborough.
Quote:

Originally Posted by toranokaze (Post 841145)

Choking

Blue eyed girl here choking with laughter.

infinite monkey 12-01-2012 04:25 AM

I need advice on removing coffee stains from linoleum.

DanaC 12-01-2012 04:43 AM

Dog tongue.

Clodfobble 12-01-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey

I don't drink coffee, so we've never had that kind of mark on the floor, but I always give the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser sponges a try and they haven't failed me yet.

Spexxvet 12-01-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 840971)
If you can wipe poop from legs and butts, why would you need a rubber glove for the plunger handle?

In case the last person to use the plunger licked it.

Griff 12-01-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 841207)
I don't drink coffee, so we've never had that kind of mark on the floor, but I always give the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser sponges a try and they haven't failed me yet.

Those things are amazing. They must be giving us cancer or something.

footfootfoot 12-01-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 841191)

Same thing you use for getting blood out of a clown suit.

Sundae 12-01-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 841191)

I dunno 'bout that. But you owe me a new keyboard.

glatt 12-03-2012 10:41 AM

Facebook tells me that there's going to be a royal baby. A little heir to the throne.

So there's that.

infinite monkey 12-03-2012 10:46 AM

A royal
bundle of joyal

glatt 12-03-2012 10:50 AM

:lol:

infinite monkey 12-05-2012 08:44 AM

So my gmail name is my old old old name I used for years on sites. Google thinks I'm of hispanic origin now. I'm getting emails I can't read. Apparently, I'm supposed to register for an operation concerning leggings. :confused:

glatt 12-05-2012 09:03 AM

gmail emails can be funny. I have the same name as a teacher in Kentucky, and his students email me their homework all the time. Every once in a while I'll read it, and I weep for the future.