The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Creative Expression (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   What did you make today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=22987)

footfootfoot 05-27-2013 04:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Very nice door. I'm not 100% sold on your hinge placement. Usually it would be more like 1/6 - 1/3 - 1/3 - 1/6. and extend past the center line.

As long as the thing keeps the barbarians, white walkers, Greyjoys, and Lannisters out you are golden.

Where'd you get the sun, by the way?

eta: sorry, it's like nails on the blackboard.

glatt 05-27-2013 04:42 PM

When I tinker with my house, I imagine the people coming after me and hope they aren't cursing me. The truth though is that the next owner will bulldoze this place. The land is too valuable for a house like ours.

Griff 05-27-2013 04:51 PM

Heh. Maths. ;)
You havum snow, white man? (careful comma)

Property values only fluctuated because of gas here. Land was $600 an acre forever. We are a little too far from everywhere, which is cool by me.

footfootfoot 05-27-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 866196)
Heh. Maths. ;)
You havum snow, white man? (careful comma)

Property values only fluctuated because of gas here. Land was $600 an acre forever. We are a little too far from everywhere, which is cool by me.

Rain. Check out the creek:

I'll try to find one with the water at normal levels. The overspill is usually a small trickle.

zippyt 05-27-2013 05:01 PM

Damn you feetz now i have to Pee !!!!! ;)
Grifftopia just keeps getting cooler and cooler

Griff 05-27-2013 05:13 PM

Thanks Zip.
Longer hinges would be better but when you salvage you gets what you gets.

footfootfoot 05-27-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 866200)
Thanks Zip.
Longer hinges would be better but when you salvage you gets what you gets.

Just use photoshop, that's what I did.

orthodoc 05-27-2013 06:25 PM

I love the door. Love curved doorways, even though they're a pain to construct. I also want to visit Grifftopia someday! I would absolutely love to see a TempCast woodstove and baking oven. And that beautiful woodwork. :)

Actually, I may be moving by next year ... maybe have the chance to incorporate a TempCast into a new place? Maybe, if all comes together.

glatt 05-27-2013 07:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I made something on Saturday. The old black soaker hose had sprung a few huge leaks, and I had similar poor luck with the previous one, so instead of buying another one, I made a new one out of a really old hose we had. I chucked the smallest bit I had into the drill press and drilled clean through the hose and out the other side, once every inch for about 25 feet. Then I capped the end. It works really well.
Attachment 44178
Attachment 44179

footfootfoot 05-28-2013 12:34 AM

Herr Maestro DIY

footfootfoot 05-28-2013 12:37 AM

Just got back from a pal's house where we concentrated 4 gallons of corn/barley beer into a more portable and longer keeping form. It's now about 1½ Qts. Tastes pretty yummy. I may make a small oak barrel to store it in. There's another 5 gallons that has to be reduced as well...

limey 05-28-2013 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 866243)
Just got back from a pal's house where we concentrated 4 gallons of corn/barley beer into a more portable and longer keeping form. It's now about 1½ Qts. Tastes pretty yummy. I may make a small oak barrel to store it in. There's another 5 gallons that has to be reduced as well...

Concentrated. I like this word. Very tactful.

Griff 05-28-2013 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 866223)
I made something on Saturday. The old black soaker hose had sprung a few huge leaks, and I had similar poor luck with the previous one, so instead of buying another one, I made a new one out of a really old hose we had. I chucked the smallest bit I had into the drill press and drilled clean through the hose and out the other side, once every inch for about 25 feet. Then I capped the end. It works really well.

I think you just recreated the original soaker hose design, well played.

Don't let the revenuers see that corn liquor, boy.

footfootfoot 05-28-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 866251)

Don't let the revenuers see that corn liquor, boy.

Shortly after WW II (the big one) my dad was selling Fords in North Carolina. He would routinely get questions like, "Can the back seats be removed?" and "How many cases of 32oz Mason jars can I fit in the trunk?"

Being a young kid from NYC it went over his head at the time.

Oh, we spell it 'Likker' to throw 'em off the scent.

monster 05-28-2013 12:19 PM

Nice door.

#grifftopiaenvy