The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Be a post whore! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13909)

Sundae 09-27-2012 11:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've seen the photo of Megan Stammers and Jeremy Forrest below and they are described as arm in arm. On more than one source.

Now when I've read this phrase before I have always pictured one person with their arm crooked and the other person with their arm slipped through. In a m/f coupling it will usually be the female who "takes" the man's arm, as he is usually taller.

I would identify this photo as having their arms around eachother. I'm puzzled.

For anyone who isn't aware of the story it's a 15 yo British schoolgirl on the run in France with her 30yo maths teacher.

DanaC 09-27-2012 03:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This was at the top of the RadioTimes listings page. Caught my eye somewhat.

DanaC 09-27-2012 03:22 PM

So I clicked. Looks really good fun. If I lived nearer I'd be tempted.

http://www.thecursed.co.uk/

That's some serious Halloweeny stuff.

The nightwalks for adults sound great. But the Kid's day sounds awesome. Freaky Puppet show, Monster Maze, Haunted House, brilliant.

Sundae 10-03-2012 02:54 PM

Grim thing happened today at school.
Miss G was on playground duty for Key Stage 2.
A Year 5 boy collided with her (10 yo).
From reports she was stationary.

She was obviously badly hurt - although on her feet - and a First Aider was summoned to the playground.
Then Miss G was carried to the Office, where away from the childer she was able to show her pain.
An ambulance was called and she was given gas and air before being loaded onto a stretcher and taken to A&E.

Turns out her kneecap was dislocated (BLEURGH!)
The hospital pumped her full of painkillers and popped it back into the right place.

Bless her.
She was supposed to be taking Circuit Training as an after school club this afternoon.
She's only about 23 and fit as a butcher's dog.

I cringe whenever I think about it.

orthodoc 10-03-2012 03:07 PM

Dislocated patella = SO painful! Poor thing. Glad they took care of her quickly.

monster 10-04-2012 05:44 PM

For those who have never been to a high school swim and dive meet, they're weird. They swim 4 events, then stop. They move the lane lines, the divers warm up and they do the diving. I'm bored. There are 8 divers tonight, 6 dives each. when this is all over in like half an hour, they'll put the lane lines back in and the swimmers will warm up again and the swim meet will resume. In each meet there are 3 relays and 10 individual events. The diving -which takes at least 30 minutes -did I mention that- is just ONE of these individual events. Divers will earn a maximum of 15 points for their team. Out or a maximum possible 180. Half a stinking hour, one quarter of the way through the meet. nuts.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, this meet is a given, so they're swimming off events. Swimmer girl is in the 50 free and the backstroke (her worst events). In an olympic competition suit. yes. it's rather strange. They only wear them at championships. Not backwater 3rd division dual meets. I guess she's an official tester. hope she gets to keep it :) Didn't do anything for her 50 free time, though :(

Did I mention I'm bored? During the diving. I think we're on the second round now......

glatt 10-23-2012 11:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sweet potatoes.

My mother in law came for a visit over the weekend, bearing gifts. The huge farm behind her house had planted sweet potatoes this year, and after the harvest, they had left behind many to simply rot in the field. So she helped herself, as she has done in the past.

What are we going to do with this many sweet potatoes?
Attachment 41336

Lola Bunny 10-23-2012 03:24 PM

Eat them. I heard they're good for you. Hehe... Would ask for some if we were neighbors. :D

Aliantha 10-23-2012 06:25 PM

Put them in a cool dark place and they'll keep for ages. :) It wouldn't take my lot too long to go through those.

glatt 10-30-2012 06:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 722686)
I never even heard of the museum in NYC. So I looked it up in Google Earth. It's just a pier, with barges floating next to it. They have the Concorde exposed to the elements on a barge just a few hundred feet from where ferries go chugging past every ten minutes. It's not like there have been any accidents on the Hudson where errant ferries have smashed into piers. Oh, wait...

They better build a nice building for the shuttle they get, and pull it up onto dry land. At least getting the thing to the museum on a barge should be pretty easy.

OK, so they have had the shuttle Enterprise sitting on this pier in NYC for just about a year. Let's see. So far they smashed it into a bridge abutment when transporting it there, scraping off a wing tip.

And now, the inflatable tent that housed it has collapsed in a weak hurricane, exposing the craft and allowing unknown damage to occur, but at a minimum, the vertical tail has been damaged.

Seems like they should have put it in a real hangar somewhere safer than a pier on the Hudson River.
Attachment 41422

ZenGum 10-30-2012 07:26 PM

Inflatable is pretty much an optimistic synonym for deflatable. Just sayin.

BigV 10-31-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 836461)
snip--
Seems like they should have put it in a real hangar somewhere safer than a pier on the Hudson River.
Attachment 41422

Like Seattle.

xoxoxoBruce 10-31-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt
I never even heard of the museum in NYC. So I looked it up in Google Earth. It's just a pier, with barges floating next to it. They have the Concorde exposed to the elements on a barge just a few hundred feet from where ferries go chugging past every ten minutes. It's not like there have been any accidents on the Hudson where errant ferries have smashed into piers. Oh, wait...

They better build a nice building for the shuttle they get, and pull it up onto dry land. At least getting the thing to the museum on a barge should be pretty easy.
C'mon, it's not on a barge, or a pier, it's on a fucking aircraft carrier.:rolleyes:

glatt 10-31-2012 02:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I wasn't clear where they put the shuttle. The Concorde is on a barge tied to the pier. The aircraft carrier is tied to the pier. I thought when I wrote that last year that the plan was to put the the shuttle on the pier, but it looks like you may be right. It may be on the deck of the carrier tied to the pier, covered with a deflatable bubble.

Edit: found some pictures
Attachment 41438
In happier times:
Attachment 41437

BigV 10-31-2012 03:27 PM

I wonder if the inside of the happy bubble used to be painted with a night sky full of stars like a planetarium...