The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's mildly amusing you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=20235)

ZenGum 02-16-2010 03:19 AM

:lol: indeed - teenage lads up to relatively harmless hijinks which the police handled with common sense. The world is not completely insane.

classicman 02-16-2010 10:35 AM

What??? They should have both been handcuffed and committed. :eyebrow:

TheMercenary 02-16-2010 10:52 AM

Silly, but I can admit to being handcuffed as a teen for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. They let me go without charges.

Sundae 02-16-2010 11:31 AM

It's half-term here, so I knew that I would be the object of some interest in town today. Now I am used to the pre-schoolers saying, without artifice, "Mummy! That lady has pink hair!" and the older schoolkids complimenting me (of course) but I had a new one today.

Young lad said as I passed, "Mum, is that a wig?"
Of course he may have been speaking about someone else with an obvious syrup on the other side of Marks & Spencers... but I'm pretty sure it was about me.

Made me smile anyway.

lumberjim 02-18-2010 07:40 PM

apparently we have a box of deals upstairs from 2007 that contains deals with last names ranging from DIL-DO

TheMercenary 02-27-2010 07:28 AM

We just had about 2 days worth of mini flocks of Robin's migrate through. I just thought I would let you all who live in the snow that the birds indicate spring is just around the corner.

xoxoxoBruce 02-27-2010 07:53 AM

That's because monster chased them out of Florida with all that inverted roller coaster screaming. ;)

TheMercenary 02-27-2010 08:04 AM

:)

skysidhe 02-27-2010 06:10 PM

It's sunny and 57 degrees here.

There was a huge flight of Canada geese go buy. I see but mostly hear ducks and geese everyday but this was an enormous group. They darkened the horizon.

jinx 02-27-2010 07:11 PM

Got the Expedition stuck on the icy 2 inch ramp into the beer distributor. The beer guy lol'd

SamIam 02-27-2010 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 637875)
We just had about 2 days worth of mini flocks of Robin's migrate through. I just thought I would let you all who live in the snow that the birds indicate spring is just around the corner.

Oh, yeah. I saw a big flock of Robins hopping around the snowdrifts in a neighbor's yard. I think they just winter here. Too much trouble to fly south. Lazy little bastards.

skysidhe 02-27-2010 11:49 PM

We have frogs and they are very happy tonight. lol

I had forgotten how many frogs were out this way at night. I remember as a kid it was quite a racket. In that respect along with the geese and ducks it still feels country. Tonight this one frog has found a partner. The tone and the timber are different. I imagine they sound happy and that amuses me.

ZenGum 02-28-2010 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx (Post 638015)
Got the Expedition stuck on the icy 2 inch ramp into the beer distributor. The beer guy lol'd

:lol: that is sooooo American :D :usa:

TheMercenary 02-28-2010 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skysidhe (Post 638118)
We have frogs and they are very happy tonight. lol

I had forgotten how many frogs were out this way at night. I remember as a kid it was quite a racket. In that respect along with the geese and ducks it still feels country. Tonight this one frog has found a partner. The tone and the timber are different. I imagine they sound happy and that amuses me.

We love the sound of the frogs, they have really kicked up in the last 2 weeks, but now now because we are back into a night time cold snap with daily highs in the high 50's. But when they are really chirping the sounds is deafening. Lovely.

skysidhe 02-28-2010 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 638165)
We love the sound of the frogs, they have really kicked up in the last 2 weeks, but now now because we are back into a night time cold snap with daily highs in the high 50's. But when they are really chirping the sounds is deafening. Lovely.

Lovely indeed! Same weather pattern here.

amusing even :D

April and May will be warmer than normal, with near-normal rainfall in Washington and drier-than-normal conditions elsewhere.
Summer will be drier than normal, with below-normal temperatures, on average, in Washington and above-normal temperatures in California and Oregon. The hottest periods will occur in late June and mid-July.
September and October will be warmer and drier than normal.
http://www.almanac.com