The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Osama bin Laden is DEAD (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=25118)

Fair&Balanced 05-04-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 730409)
From your link...
"we’re looking at destroying his legacy, not being fair and balanced."

So apparently he doesn't want to be you.
lol

So you think it would have been ok to desecrate the body?

And I agree, Frank Gafney and Bret Beitbart are not fair and balanced on any subject. :)

Fair&Balanced 05-04-2011 11:59 AM

Another perspective from an Obama hater and Islamophobe:
Quote:

A reluctant American president who was ultimately overridden by senior military and intelligence officials to finally take out terrorist Osama Bin Laden…

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/a...ut-of-obl.html
Overridden by senior military and intel officials?

They staged a coup and we missed it. :eek:

more:
But my favorite is Judson Phililps, head of the Tea Party Nation:
Quote:

he made his announcement right in the middle of Donald Trump’s “Celebrity Apprentice” show. Of course, that was just a coincidence.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/conten...his-reelection
I can picture Obama and the national security team in the WH situation room. "Hmmmm, should we screw Trump just for the hell of it?"

infinite monkey 05-04-2011 12:07 PM

I hate this stupid fooking two-thread thing. I have to try to remember which is in what. Are we mad in this one, or funny?

Fair&Balanced 05-04-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 730427)
I hate this stupid fooking two-thread thing. I have to try to remember which is in what. Are we mad in this one, or funny?

I just want to know who Trump fired, dammit. :mad:

classicman 05-04-2011 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fair&Balanced (Post 730410)

WTF? Where is that coming from. I read the link, noticed YOUR username in it & made a joke reference to it.
Nothing more. Paranoid much?

infinite monkey 05-04-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fair&Balanced (Post 730429)
I just want to know who Trump fired, dammit. :mad:

You couldn't pay me to even look at that megalomaniac freak of nature. Pictures of him, unavoidable, make me barf. :p:

HungLikeJesus 05-04-2011 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 730427)

You're funny when you're mad.

infinite monkey 05-04-2011 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus (Post 730433)
You're funny when you're mad.

I know. ;)

Fair&Balanced 05-04-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 730432)
You couldn't pay me to even look at that megalomaniac freak of nature. Pictures of him, unavoidable, make me barf. :p:

Never watch it either.

I prefer Iron Chef America and I root the feriner, Morimoto, when he battles.

Jill 05-04-2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richlevy (Post 730324)

Getting back on topic, I was talking to a conservative acquaintance and we both agreed that 'dancing in the streets' is a disturbing response. I was shocked and appalled when the bodies of American servicemen were dragged through the streets in Somalia. I had always hoped that we would not be like that. Killing an enemy is necessary in war. Feeling resolution, relief, and even satisfaction is reasonable. Expressing joyful exuberance in the taking of a life or lives is an attitude I would like to leave to our enemies as one of the differences between us that we are fighting to uphold.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lookout123 (Post 730379)

Now as far as the dancing in the streets business, for me it isn't a moral issue so much as an intelligence issue. He's dead. Someone else was put in danger to accomplish the mission and they succeeded. Good on them. Dipshits dancing in Times Square is about the same as sports fans running through the streets like they had scored the championship winning point themselves. Fuck off, enjoy the moment and act like adults.

Anyone remember the story of Esther from the Old Testament?
"The villain of the story is Haman, an arrogant, egotistical advisor to the king. Haman hated Mordecai because Mordecai refused to bow down to Haman, so Haman plotted to destroy the Jewish people. In a speech that is all too familiar to Jews, Haman told the king, "There is a certain people scattered abroad and dispersed among the peoples in all the provinces of your realm. Their laws are different from those of every other people's, and they do not observe the king's laws; therefore it is not befitting the king to tolerate them." (Esther 3:8). The king gave the fate of the Jewish people to Haman, to do as he pleased to them. Haman planned to exterminate all of the Jews."
Sound a little familiar? Kind of like Bin Laden wanting to destroy the "infidel" Westerners because they do not obey the laws of Islam?
"[Ester's cousin] Mordecai, [who had raised her as if she were his daughter], persuaded Esther to speak to the king on behalf of the Jewish people. This was a dangerous thing for Esther to do, because anyone who came into the king's presence without being summoned could be put to death, and she had not been summoned. Esther fasted for three days to prepare herself, then went into the king. He welcomed her. Later, she told him of Haman's plot against her people. The Jewish people were saved, and Haman and his ten sons were hanged on the gallows that had been prepared for Mordecai."
Any guesses what happened next?
"19Therefore the Jews of the villages, that dwelt in the unwalled towns, made the fourteenth day of the month Adar a day of gladness and feasting, and a good day, and of sending portions one to another.

20And Mordecai wrote these things, and sent letters unto all the Jews that were in all the provinces of the king Ahasuerus, both nigh and far,

21To establish this among them, that they should keep the fourteenth day of the month Adar, and the fifteenth day of the same, yearly,
And every year for thousands of years, Jews have celebrated; not the demise of Haman, but the saving of our People. We are commanded to drink until we can no longer tell the difference between "cursed be Haman" and "blessed be Mordechai", not to create debauchery, but "to dissolve the differences between us and encourage unity." "In addition to good food and lots of alcohol, the meal is characterized by its zany raucous atmosphere - trombones blare, silly string flies, and grown men dance together for hours on end."

If the events of the last 20+ years occurred during biblical times, the stories about which were passed down from generation to generation by word of mouth, to later be inscribed in a book, there is little doubt that it would be told very similarly. Good triumphed over evil. A mighty "King/Nation" took down the enemy to save the People who were the targets of said evil. And the People rejoiced at their salvation.

Thus is human nature. Perhaps because I've been celebrating in such a way for my entire life, based on a very similar story in history, I view the celebratory atmosphere through a different lens than others. I don't find it offensive, I find it cathartic.

Sources:
http://www.jewfaq.org/holiday9.htm
http://purim.spike-jamie.com/meal.html
http://judaism.about.com/od/holidays...y-Of-Purim.htm
http://kingjbible.com/esther/7.htm
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...+9&version=KJV

Sheldonrs 05-04-2011 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fair&Balanced (Post 730408)
I get it now. :rolleyes:

How about hanging his body at Ground Zero and allowing those who choose to spit on him.

Here's a sure-fire best seller. Put pictures of bin Laden on those men's room urinal deodorizer cakes. Guaranteed to sell out.

TheMercenary 05-04-2011 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fair&Balanced (Post 730410)

Yes. Chop it up and drop bits of it for shark bait. But a single big bit of shark bait works equally well.

Nirvana 05-04-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 730405)
However, I WOULD like it if you would slather me in bacon and send ME on tour. Sans the dead part, of course.

How about the peeing on you part? ;)

glatt 05-04-2011 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheldonrs (Post 730441)
Here's a sure-fire best seller. Put pictures of bin Laden on those men's room urinal deodorizer cakes. Guaranteed to sell out.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/ent...laden-uri,161/

Fair&Balanced 05-04-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheldonrs (Post 730441)

I get the humor in the posts here.

What I was trying to address, albeit w/o acknowledging the humor that I didnt find all that funny, was the real hate expressed by the likes of Gafney, Geller, Breitbart, etc., the Mercenary's guys and gal.

TheMercenary 05-04-2011 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fair&Balanced (Post 730452)
Breitbart, etc.

Where did Breitbart express hate?

Fair&Balanced 05-04-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 730454)
Where did Breitbart express hate?

Andrew Breitbart's BigPeace.com (posted earlier):
Quote:

Just as Islamist extremists sought to use Ground Zero as a triumphal place to build their mosque (right :eyebrow:), the United States should use the site to display Osama bin Laden’s naked body for all Americans to see. We have a right to view our nation’s tormentor face to face, to make sure he is dead, and to spit on him if we choose.

http://bigpeace.com/jmwaller/2011/05...-qaeda-legacy/
His site, he is accountable.

TheMercenary 05-04-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fair&Balanced (Post 730459)
Andrew Breitbart's BigPeace.com (posted earlier):

"Just as Islamist extremists sought to use Ground Zero as a triumphal place to build their mosque (right ), the United States should use the site to display Osama bin Laden’s naked body for all Americans to see. We have a right to view our nation’s tormentor face to face, to make sure he is dead, and to spit on him if we choose."

His site, he is accountable.

Why is that hate speech?

Because you disagree with it? Because you say it is so?

Sheldonrs 05-04-2011 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 730450)

Well if he's still in business, He can sell 'em now! :-)

DanaC 05-04-2011 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jill (Post 730440)
Anyone remember the story of Esther from the Old Testament?
"The villain of the story is Haman, an arrogant, egotistical advisor to the king. Haman hated Mordecai because Mordecai refused to bow down to Haman, so Haman plotted to destroy the Jewish people. In a speech that is all too familiar to Jews, Haman told the king, "There is a certain people scattered abroad and dispersed among the peoples in all the provinces of your realm. Their laws are different from those of every other people's, and they do not observe the king's laws; therefore it is not befitting the king to tolerate them." (Esther 3:8). The king gave the fate of the Jewish people to Haman, to do as he pleased to them. Haman planned to exterminate all of the Jews."
Sound a little familiar? Kind of like Bin Laden wanting to destroy the "infidel" Westerners because they do not obey the laws of Islam?
"[Ester's cousin] Mordecai, [who had raised her as if she were his daughter], persuaded Esther to speak to the king on behalf of the Jewish people. This was a dangerous thing for Esther to do, because anyone who came into the king's presence without being summoned could be put to death, and she had not been summoned. Esther fasted for three days to prepare herself, then went into the king. He welcomed her. Later, she told him of Haman's plot against her people. The Jewish people were saved, and Haman and his ten sons were hanged on the gallows that had been prepared for Mordecai."
Any guesses what happened next?
"19Therefore the Jews of the villages, that dwelt in the unwalled towns, made the fourteenth day of the month Adar a day of gladness and feasting, and a good day, and of sending portions one to another.

20And Mordecai wrote these things, and sent letters unto all the Jews that were in all the provinces of the king Ahasuerus, both nigh and far,

21To establish this among them, that they should keep the fourteenth day of the month Adar, and the fifteenth day of the same, yearly,
And every year for thousands of years, Jews have celebrated; not the demise of Haman, but the saving of our People. We are commanded to drink until we can no longer tell the difference between "cursed be Haman" and "blessed be Mordechai", not to create debauchery, but "to dissolve the differences between us and encourage unity." "In addition to good food and lots of alcohol, the meal is characterized by its zany raucous atmosphere - trombones blare, silly string flies, and grown men dance together for hours on end."

If the events of the last 20+ years occurred during biblical times, the stories about which were passed down from generation to generation by word of mouth, to later be inscribed in a book, there is little doubt that it would be told very similarly. Good triumphed over evil. A mighty "King/Nation" took down the enemy to save the People who were the targets of said evil. And the People rejoiced at their salvation.

Thus is human nature. Perhaps because I've been celebrating in such a way for my entire life, based on a very similar story in history, I view the celebratory atmosphere through a different lens than others. I don't find it offensive, I find it cathartic.

Sources:
http://www.jewfaq.org/holiday9.htm
http://purim.spike-jamie.com/meal.html
http://judaism.about.com/od/holidays...y-Of-Purim.htm
http://kingjbible.com/esther/7.htm
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...+9&version=KJV

An interesting perspective, thanks Jill. Though, I'd have preferred to think that we as a society have become more civilised over the past 2-3000 years.

Fair&Balanced 05-04-2011 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 730467)
Why is that hate speech?

Because you disagree with it? Because you say it is so?

It is speech to incite anti-Islam sentiments in the same manner as Gafney and Geller.

From the bullshit about the Islamic extremists using Ground Zero build a mosque to condoning spitting on the dead body.

classicman 05-04-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fair&Balanced (Post 730452)
I get the humor in the posts here.

Apparently not - You shit on me for no reason.

Fair&Balanced 05-04-2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 730476)

My apologizes if I misread your post.

TheMercenary 05-04-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fair&Balanced (Post 730473)
It is speech to incite anti-Islam sentiments.....

From the bullshit about the Islamic extremists using Ground Zero build a mosque to condoning spitting on the dead body.

Sounds like an opinion to me. He is not saying everyone else should go out and do what he wants to do.

And so since you think other people believe that Islamists who live in that area wanted to build a mosque at ground zero that makes them extremists or that you know what their motivation is as to why they chose such a location? Please explain how you know what their motivation was to place the mosque at such a location?

So he wants to be able to spit on Bin Laden's dead body? Millions around the world would most likely join him. That does not make that action against that one man "hate speech".

infinite monkey 05-04-2011 01:12 PM

IN OTHER NEWS:

GENERALISSIMO FRANCISCO FRANCO IS STILL DEAD.

(Brought to you by Bartles and James Whine and Poor Pitiful Me Records)

Fair&Balanced 05-04-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 730472)
An interesting perspective, thanks Jill. Though, I'd have preferred to think that we as a society have become more civilised over the past 2-3000 years.

Agreed! Great perspective.

Now I want a haman tashan (sp), except the kind my grandma made with prunes...ewwww.

Jill 05-04-2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 730472)

You're welcome. But methinks you expect too much. It takes millions of years to evolve. Thousands is a mere speck of dust in the desert.

Besides, part of the point of that story is that thousands of years later, millions (maybe billions?) of people the world over are still using the Bible as their moral guide. That being the case, it should be easy to understand why people are still behaving the way we did during Bible times.
Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 730476)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fair&Balanced (Post 730478)

My apologizes if I misread your post.

Awww, every body sing!

Kumbaya, my Lord, Kumbaya.

infinite monkey 05-04-2011 01:15 PM

This thread needs more sponstators.

DanaC 05-04-2011 01:15 PM

Ooooooohhhhhh Looooooorrrrrdddd......Kummmmbbbaaaaayyyaaaa.

Jill 05-04-2011 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fair&Balanced (Post 730488)

Agreed! Great perspective.

Now I want a haman tashan (sp), except the kind my grandma made with prunes...ewwww.

Thank you. :) And yeah, the poppy seed ones are killah! Mmmm, now I'm hungry, too.

infinite monkey 05-04-2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 730495)

(baritone) Someone's postin' here
Kumbaya
Someone's postin' here
Kumbaya
Someone's postin' here
Kumbaya
Ohhhh looooo-oooord, Kumbaya

Jill 05-04-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 730495)

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 730498)

(baritone) Someone's postin' here
Kumbaya
Someone's postin' here
Kumbaya
Someone's postin' here
Kumbaya
Ohhhh looooo-oooord, Kumbaya

Nice harmony!

TheMercenary 05-04-2011 01:30 PM

PC out of control

Quote:

WASHINGTON — The top staffer for the Senate Indian Affairs Committee is objecting to the U.S. military's use of the code name "Geronimo" for Osama bin Laden during the raid that killed the al-Qaida leader.
http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world...to-934034.html

infinite monkey 05-04-2011 01:32 PM

They could have just called it Operation Kill Sand N*****. :eyebrow:

TheMercenary 05-04-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 730516)
They could have just called it Operation Kill Sand N*****. :eyebrow:

Or they could have just nick named him Obama... I am sure no one would have cared about that one! Not!

TheMercenary 05-04-2011 01:50 PM

Sy Hersh, Abetted by Olbermann, Slandered SEALs That Later Killed Bin Laden as Cheney's Personal Assassins

Quote:

The Navy SEALs who killed bin Laden are being widely hailed as heroes -- in stark contrast to previous descriptions of them from liberals in the media.
Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jack-co...#ixzz1LPYG4LMH

TheMercenary 05-04-2011 01:51 PM

Hipster Irony Alert!: Watch Stephen Colbert Celebrate Results of Cheney’s ‘Secret, Lawless Assassination Squad’ and ‘Torture’

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/jj...d-and-torture/

TheMercenary 05-04-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Nearly flawlessly executing the operation in Pakistan to raid the compound where Osama bin Laden was living – among the military and police leadership of Pakistan by the way – the U.S. Navy’s SEAL Team Six along with elements of other U.S. government assets killed America’s most wanted man. This is a victory for all of us – no doubt. A tremendous Bravo Zulu to the men and women who made it possible and gave the operation the best chance of success. Bin Laden is dead. What I am hearing from the media, the government, and our President, however, is making me queezy...
http://bigpeace.com/jguandolo/2011/0...f/#more-112676

Fair&Balanced 05-04-2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 730522)

From the same article, the Muslim Brotherhood is insidiously infiltrating American society and the federal government through some nefarious connections to every major Islamic organization in the country as well as a Muslim appointee to a DHS advisory committee:
Quote:

From the overwhelming evidence (link?) entered at the US v Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development trial (HLF) it was revealed that the Muslim Brotherhood Movement in the United States has significant infrastructure here and that the most prominent Islamic Organizations in the U.S. are controlled by the Muslim Brotherhood to include the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA), the North American Islamic Trust (NAIT), the Muslim Students Association (MSA), the International Institute of Islamic Thought (IIIT), the Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA), the Fiqh Council of North America, and the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR), a Hamas entity.

We know from the MB itself and from a large amount of evidence (link?), to include the US v Sabri Benkhala case, that the Muslim American Society (MAS) is a significant MB organization founded by three key MB leaders.
They cite evidence in lawsuits, documents, etc, but never provide links. Mostly they just link to each other as evidence or expect readers to take them at their word.

Mercenary, maybe you have links to the source documents?

As I said in another discussion, it is reminiscent of the McCarthy red-baiting era of the past.

The extremists making the allegations dont have to prove it, but rather those they charge with ties to terrorist organization must prove they do not have such ties.

Jill 05-04-2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 730520)

Sy Hersh, Abetted by Olbermann, Slandered SEALs That Later Killed Bin Laden as Cheney's Personal Assassins

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jack-co...#ixzz1LPYG4LMH

I'm sure it will come as no surprise to you, but do you know who I blame for this misunderstanding?

George W. Bush & Dick Cheney.

The manner in which they executed the entire Afghanistan/Iraq/"War on Terror" debacle was deceitful from the start. It was done with subterfuge and coverups. We had the outing of a CIA agent's identity because her husband dared expose the "yellow cake" lie. We had Blackwater. We had a diversion from the real enemy -- the Taliban and Al Qaeda -- to an act of sheer vengeance against a sovereign leader who they knew posed no real risk, nor were they harboring Al Qaeda, let alone "Enemy Number 1", Osama bin Laden. We had Abu Gharib. We had "Enhanced Interrogation Techniques," aka torture -- orders that were kept secret from even Congress.

When you have leadership that acts sneaky and underhanded, is there any surprise that they are viewed as sneaky and underhanded?

Why was there no explanation by the Administration as to who these "assassins" were? Why were we not informed as to who they were targeting and/or "taking out" in our name?

Therein lies the difference between the Obama Administration and the Bush Administration with regard to opinion about JSOC. President Obama utilized them with the full awareness of pertinent members of Congress, the CIA, and every one of his top Security Advisers. And when the act was carried out, the American public was informed.

Not so with Bush/Cheney.

They reaped what they sowed. Unfortunately, as in many other circumstances, they didn't care who became "collateral damage," even if that meant it was JSOC.

TheMercenary 05-04-2011 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jill (Post 730536)
I'm sure it will come as no surprise to you, but do you know who I blame for this misunderstanding?

George W. Bush & Dick Cheney.

Quote:

We had "Enhanced Interrogation Techniques," aka torture -- orders that were kept secret from even Congress.
BS. Pelosi even admitted they were briefed.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...120801664.html

Quote:

Why was there no explanation by the Administration as to who these "assassins" were? Why were we not informed as to who they were targeting and/or "taking out" in our name?
Need to know. You didn't need to know.

Quote:

Therein lies the difference between the Obama Administration and the Bush Administration with regard to opinion about JSOC. President Obama utilized them with the full awareness of pertinent members of Congress, the CIA, and every one of his top Security Advisers. And when the act was carried out, the American public was informed.
More bs, the American public does not need to know.

Quote:

They reaped what they sowed. Unfortunately, as in many other circumstances, they didn't care who became "collateral damage," even if that meant it was JSOC.
You have no idea what you are talking about. Where is the liberal outcry over the drone attacks authorized continually by Obama, and in fact, significantly increased in frequency, and the "collateral damage they have caused?

TheMercenary 05-04-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fair&Balanced (Post 730530)
..... but rather those they charge with ties to terrorist organization must prove they do not have such ties.

The burden is on the Muslim Brotherhood, they have a long history of support and birth as a terrorist organization.

Jill 05-04-2011 03:48 PM

Nice set of excuses to brush off the constant lies, deceit and subterfuge associated with the Bush Administration, as if their behavior had nothing whatsoever to do with how the public perceived things then, in comparison to how we're perceiving things now.

My post wasn't intended as an opportunity for you to pick it apart with your snotty "need to know" bullshit, implying that I'm stupid about how things work with secret ops. It was meant as an illustration as to why Keith Olbermann and "the Left" would hear about a secret group of men going out and doing "hits" at the bequest of Dick Cheney, and call them "assassins", as opposed to hearing about an operation to take out the world's most wanted terrorist under Barack Obama and hailing those same men as heroes.

You're the one who made the post suggesting that Liberals are hypocrites for hailing Team 6 as heroes today, but having called them assassins in the past. I'm attempting to explain to you WHY that might be. Do you want to understand or do you just want to demonize your political opponents?

Fair&Balanced 05-04-2011 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 730577)
The burden is on the Muslim Brotherhood, they have a long history of support and birth as a terrorist organization.

Thats how it works in an oppressive state. The person/organization charged has to prove innocence.

In America, we do things differently. If one makes allegations against another person/organization, the burden of proof rests with the one making the charge.

Gafney/Geller/Breitbart have the obligation to offer more than the undocumented court "evidence" or innuendo.

CAIR or other Islamic organizations or Kareem Shora (appointed to the DHS advisory committee) do not have to prove their innocence.

McCarthyism is the practice of making accusations of disloyalty, subversion, or treason without proper regard for evidence

TheMercenary 05-04-2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jill (Post 730586)
Nice set of excuses to brush off the constant lies, deceit and subterfuge associated with the Bush Administration, as if their behavior had nothing whatsoever to do with how the public perceived things then, in comparison to how we're perceiving things now.

My post wasn't intended as an opportunity for you to pick it apart with your snotty "need to know" bullshit, implying that I'm stupid about how things work with secret ops. It was meant as an illustration as to why Keith Olbermann and "the Left" would hear about a secret group of men going out and doing "hits" at the bequest of Dick Cheney, and call them "assassins", as opposed to hearing about an operation to take out the world's most wanted terrorist under Barack Obama and hailing those same men as heroes.

You're the one who made the post suggesting that Liberals are hypocrites for hailing Team 6 as heroes today, but having called them assassins in the past. I'm attempting to explain to you WHY that might be. Do you want to understand or do you just want to demonize your political opponents?

You missed the point. You have no need to know.

TheMercenary 05-04-2011 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fair&Balanced (Post 730591)
Thats how it works in an oppressive state. The person/organization charged has to prove innocence.

In America, we do things differently. If one makes allegations against another person/organization, the burden of proof rests with the one making the charge.

Gafney/Geller/Breitbart have the obligation to offer more than the undocumented court "evidence" or innuendo.

Your opinion. I say an organization that has a long and well documented history of the support of terrorism has the burden of proof that they have changed their ways, not the other way around.

Nice try in an attempt to label those who disagree with you as supporting McCarthyism. "That dog won't hunt", Willie "Cigar" Clinton.

Fair&Balanced 05-04-2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 730594)
Your opinion. I say an organization that has a long and well documented history of the support of terrorism has the burden of proof that they have changed their ways, not the other way around.

Nice try in an attempt to label those who disagree with you as supporting McCarthyism. "That dog won't hunt", Willie "Cigar" Clinton.

It is not a matter of disagreeing with me.

It is a matter of how we do things in this country.

Your guys and gal smear organizations and citizens in this country with alleged evidence and innuendos about their "affiliations" and refuse to document it with facts.

That my friend is McCarthyism at its worst.

TheMercenary 05-04-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fair&Balanced (Post 730599)
It is not a matter of disagreeing with me.

It is a matter of how we do things in this country.

Your guys and gal smear organizations and citizens in this country with alleged evidence and innuendos about their "affiliations" and refuse to document it with facts.

No it has to do with the organization you are trying to legitimize. You don't get to define, "how we do things in this country". You don't get to set the bar as a faceless nameless poster on a web forum. What are your credentials that allow you to do that?

The history of the Muslim Brotherhood is well documented. Prove me wrong.

Fair&Balanced 05-04-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 730600)

Where is the documented evidence that the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR), the Muslim Students Association (MSA) or Muslim American Society (MAS) have ties to the Muslim Brotherhood.

Or that Arif Alikhan or Kareen Shora, two muslims serving in the DHS and who have been smeared by your friends based on inuendo and undocumented "evidence", have ties to the Muslim Brotherhood

McCarthyism in its newest iteration.

TheMercenary 05-04-2011 04:49 PM

So, they will die to establish Islam. What does that mean to you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy3MG...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2jgQ...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYEV0...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYFnE...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqJw8...eature=related

Fair&Balanced 05-04-2011 04:57 PM

Would that be like posting videos of selected Tea Party members making racists remarks and concluding that the Tea Party is racist?

Jill 05-04-2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 730592)

You missed the point. You have no need to know.

You're the one who's missing the point.

But as to your off-subject point, you're wrong. On many issues the citizens of this country damn well need to know what our government is up to in our name. Why in the hell do you think the framers gave us those beloved Second Amendment rights that your side always crows about?

We haven't found reason enough to overthrow the government to this point, but you'd bloody well best believe that if my government is TORTURING people, "We the People" need to know about it so we can put a stop to it to the extent we are able. And if the right circumstances present themselves, you're damn straight I'll be taking up arms in the formation of an "organized militia" if necessary.

Jill 05-04-2011 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fair&Balanced (Post 730621)

Would that be like posting videos of selected Tea Party members making racists remarks and concluding that the Tea Party is racist?

Oh, SNAP!

TheMercenary 05-04-2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jill (Post 730628)
Oh, SNAP!

Oh Snap!

What fucking duplicity!

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/201...nsin-hate.html

TheMercenary 05-04-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jill (Post 730627)
You're the one who's missing the point.

But as to your off-subject point, you're wrong. On many issues the citizens of this country damn well need to know what our government is up to in our name. Why in the hell do you think the framers gave us those beloved Second Amendment rights that your side always crows about?

We haven't found reason enough to overthrow the government to this point, but you'd bloody well best believe that if my government is TORTURING people, "We the People" need to know about it so we can put a stop to it to the extent we are able. And if the right circumstances present themselves, you're damn straight I'll be taking up arms in the formation of an "organized militia" if necessary.

Fuck off. You just don't always need to know. I don't care about the rest of your liberal tripe.

Uday 05-04-2011 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 730633)
Fuck off. You just don't always need to know. I don't care about the rest of your liberal tripe.

I can see no good coming from a government being able to secretly torture people. This never ends well.

Uday 05-04-2011 05:34 PM

Also, the Muslim Brotherhood are a joke. They are loud, but say nothing. Nobody in Egypt who isn't an actual member listens to a word they say.

TheMercenary 05-04-2011 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fair&Balanced (Post 730621)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jill (Post 730628)
Oh, SNAP!

OH Snap to that bitch!

http://ironicsurrealism.blogivists.c...-walker-image/

http://richc.myarchive.us/2011/02/wi...d-with-unions/

http://richc.myarchive.us/2011/02/wi...d-with-unions/

morethanpretty 05-04-2011 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 730600)
No it has to do with the organization you are trying to legitimize. You don't get to define, "how we do things in this country". You don't get to set the bar as a faceless nameless poster on a web forum. What are your credentials that allow you to do that?

YOU have to prove yourself right. Burden of proof is on you. You can't make a statement and not back it up with documented facts, then tell someone else that burden is on them.
INNOCENT until proven guilty. Not the other way around.
Just like in a law suit, burden of proof is on the person making the accusation. You are making the accusation, therefor, it is your responsibility to provide the proof.

Aliantha 05-04-2011 05:41 PM

When we look at what the people need to know about what the government is up to, there are a number of different perspectives, and they certainly don't all have the same answer.

Surely anyone can understand that if a government has charged the military or some other agency to deal with a certain individual, it's not going to be helpful if everyone in the country knows what's going on, therefore the people find out after the fact and then wonder why they weren't consulted.

The purpose of having a democratically elected government is so that every person has the right to have a say in who represents their own personal views in government because we all understand that if every decision had to be made with the approval of every person, we'd never get anywhere.

So, you vote for your representative and trust that they're going to make the right decisions on your behalf. If you're not happy with it, you don't vote for them again.

If you don't vote, IMO, you shouldn't have a right to complain either way.