The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Buster's BS (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=8438)

richlevy 11-02-2005 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by busterb
Anyone want seed from my ornamental hot pepper? Looks great in pots and makes great pepper sauce. More photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/91776888@N00/
Pm me your snail mail address I’ll send “ya” some. Please put a buck or 2 in the tip jar.

I might take you up on that. BTW, that spinach quiche using hash browns looks interesting.

busterb 11-04-2005 06:25 PM

Anvil shoot and other crap

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome to the 10th Annual Shine Fest!
Nov.19 at Shine’s place Hwy. 531 8AM. Till?
Bring your lawn chairs.
Coffee, Biscuits and sausage with syrup and butter served though out the day.
Cane grinding and syrup making. Bring a small container to carry some juice home. Cornmeal grinding.
2 Team Anvil shoot at 2 PM.
“YA’ LL” COME!!!
SHINE
The cane mill has been restored and ready. Some how I'm the A.H. that's to cook the syurp. Never have, so don't recommend eating the first batch. :headshake

xoxoxoBruce 11-04-2005 08:04 PM

The way my luck has been running I'd be elected anvil catcher. :footpyth:
Have fun, Buster.

busterb 11-12-2005 08:46 PM

Cane cutting trip

2 Attachment(s)
Today Shine and I made a cane cutting trip, almost to the LA. Line. About 250 miles round trip. The first photo shows the trip, purple going and brown return. On this trip there was no place that didn’t have some Katrina damage, roofs, trees down.

Next photo is the tools we used. The dual bladed ones are to strip the leaves, then the short handle one is to cut with. Katrina blew the cane over and when it grew more was crooked as hell. 1 photo is of Shine cutting cane. Sorry none of me and never will be another chance of one!

busterb 11-12-2005 08:50 PM

Shine

2 Attachment(s)
Notice in photo of cane, not 1 straight piece. :smack: Never again!

xoxoxoBruce 11-12-2005 09:43 PM

Damn, they look more like vines than stalks. Is that because they were twisted up with each other? Most stuff that gets blown over grows straight toward the Sun from where it ended up.

Making moon, Buster? :yum:

wolf 11-13-2005 10:12 AM

mmmmm cane ... I love chewing on that stuff.

Elspode 11-13-2005 11:10 AM

Buster, I'm just glad that the recovery process in your area has progressed to the point where ya'll are taking part in some discretionary, recreational pasttimes. :thumb:

busterb 11-20-2005 11:09 AM

A few photos of the last cluster @@#$ at http://www.flickr.com/photos/91776888@N00/ So many folks in and around Mike's shop not room to spit. Pot was too deep and we gave up on the cooking last night. Mike finished today. Boy it takes a lot of juice to make a few gals. of syrup, and damn near a case of beer :beer: :lol:

busterb 11-29-2005 09:47 PM

Well today is three months since the storm. I've not had one contractor return with a bid. IMHO all are working to repair the homes that had no insurance. The Blue roofs folks w/out insurance. "FEMA." And making a hell of a killing. 100 bucks plus to nail on a SQ. of singles. Maybe some will come around when the big money runs out. I've slept in living room so long I don't give a big rats ass. I will not pay that. Nothing from Fema or Sba and don't think I'll ever get any help from them. Since I have insurance I get the old finger. But I still have a place to call home, which is more than some folks can say! bb

busterb 12-28-2005 10:08 AM

Dear FEMA

Dear FEMA.
First I’d like to thank you for helping all the poor folks who didn’t have insurance.
All though some had homes that cost hundreds of thousand of dollars!

Second I’d like to thank you for hiring all the contractors to fix above homes and paying them what it would cost to put a roof on the White House.
So we with insurance have to wait. When you call your insurance co., they tell you to get an estimate. All the contractors are working for FEMA. So where do you get any numbers to confront the insurance co.? The insurance co.’s well know this.

4 months tomorrow. :(

Griff 12-28-2005 10:17 AM

Any way to give them a bulldoo estimate from an out of town outfit? Thing is, they know what it will cost.... pricks.

xoxoxoBruce 12-28-2005 11:56 PM

Right on, Griff. Bullshit 'em Buster, they deserve it. :mad:

Tonchi 12-30-2005 01:01 AM

I'd like to make a suggestion: As a gesture of solidarity, everybody at The Cellar should mail a shingle to Buster. Then when those blood-sucking contractors finally get there, he will already have all the materials ;)

xoxoxoBruce 12-30-2005 09:37 AM

With that low pitch, I'd cover it with that roll roofing you melt with a torch and stick down. There's a bunch of different brands, going by different names, but all the same stuff. It will last until the contractors are hungry again, years if necessary, and it's easy to do. :idea:

busterb 01-20-2006 06:47 PM

Time for another rant.
Today I got a bid to fix the inside of my house. $12,600 bucks. OK the low bid for my roof is $4,815. Plus 45 bucks per hr. for labor to fix any structural damage, rotten wood not paid by insurance. Plus materials. My insurance has given me a check for a little over $9 grand.
I know I'm a dumb redneck, but I'm having a little trouble with someones math.
The insurance co. told me they knew that there price was low, so get the work started and would approve more money. My lawyer says no way cash check untill I get this in writing which will never happen. WTF. Today I poured another 5 gals. of something on roof and smeared it around. Hope it stops some new leaks that showed up other day. I have rain forecasted for next few days. Guess what I'm trying to say is I'm damn tired of sleeping on single bed in living room, it don't leak. when I have a split level home with 4 bed rooms.:smack:
Another thing that poded me today was I went to store and got a bottle of Wishbone dressing. On label said " Instant savings inside" so I pealed it off and gave to checkout. NO that's for bacos. WTF. I've got dressing. Go figure. boy I feel better now. bb

busterb 01-20-2006 08:48 PM

Guess what I'm trying to say is I feel helpless and kind of unnecessary. Ive worked almost over the world and been superintendent, foreman, low man on pole, but I've never felt so left out of things. In the oil industry and construction things were to me, always in your face kind of things. Now my lawyer is telling me don't do that.

zippyt 01-20-2006 09:19 PM

always in your face kind of things

That is a WHOLE different world , not INDUSTRIAL world , REAL world !!
I know where you are comeing from , we hired a guy to slop some of that tar stuff on our roof a while back , FUCK STICK got it ALL over our new EXPENCIVE gutters and NEW( WAY!!!!!) expencive sideing , and then wouldn't return my phone calls . I found my self and my wife cleaning that NASTY shit off every thing with diesel fuel ( YES it works WOUNDERFULY !!!)

Tonchi 01-20-2006 09:41 PM

Just think, if you didn't even own a home and were located in New Orleans, you could be living on a cruise ship or in the Hilton right now. But unless the 60 Minutes cameras come calling, nobody is going to pay any attention to those who are outside the spotlight and just trying to get on with their lives :(

xoxoxoBruce 01-21-2006 01:06 AM

Have you figured out what to do with the roof? What you're going to cover it with? :eyebrow:

busterb 01-21-2006 01:04 PM

Going to let a well known contractor from around here do the roof as he sees fit. At least I can find him. But won't start work till I tell him I can pay.

busterb 03-08-2006 07:51 PM

In Am I have to meet with SBA to borrow money to make up what the insurance hasn't paid. Rates are great. Don't think I'll be around to pay off a 30 year loan. :lol: They first said would loan me 19k if I'd put up house and land. Which I was thinking about. Buy a bike and make a tour. Because I have 50k insurance that'll only pay off for accidental death. Anyway they change it to 9k, nothing up, which leaves me shit to dream on.
Still no work done. Still on list. I called the guy about roof day before yesterday, no call back. Hoping I can get in small claims court and make insurance co. pay the loan. Dreamer I know. :rolleyes:

xoxoxoBruce 03-08-2006 08:00 PM

I thought Small Claims court was only good for under $1,000? :confused:

busterb 03-08-2006 08:13 PM

Hey this is redneck court. Bruce I haven't checked on that yet. But I wish I could get it before my judge.:lol2:

busterb 03-22-2006 12:51 PM

Well the roof people showed up today when I was gone to Sam's club. Anyway they have shit piled up all around my yard, but no work going on. Stay tuned. Shrimp anyone? I got about a 100 bucks worth.

richlevy 03-23-2006 09:25 PM

Suit accuses State Farm of fraud

This is from your neck of the woods, Buster. It's all over the papers. This link lists all of the related stories. I guess this will give the attorney general something to do besides investigating sex toy crimes.

Quote:

BAY ST. LOUIS — A couple that got conflicting reports from an engineering firm regarding how one of their homes was destroyed during Hurricane Katrina filed a lawsuit Wednesday accusing State Farm Insurance Co. of manipulating those reports to deny their claim.
The lawsuit, which comes as Mississippi's attorney general says he's investigating insurance companies for "fraudulent" handling of post-Katrina claims, is one of many spawned by a fierce debate over whether homes were destroyed by the Aug. 29 hurricane's wind or water.
In this latest case, Terri and William Mullins have two conflicting reports done by the same engineering firm.
The first report, dated Oct. 23, found the couple's two-story home in Kiln, a rural community near the Mississippi-Louisiana border, was destroyed by hurricane-force wind, damage their policy covered. On Jan. 3, however, the firm issued a second report that blamed the damage on the storm's flood waters.
State Farm used the second report as the basis for denying the Mullins' claim. Insurance companies say their homeowners' policies do not cover damage from rising water, including wind-driven water, but policyholders argue that storm surge should not be considered flooding.

busterb 03-31-2006 09:34 PM

After months of nothing going on around here, this week has been a mad house. One crew on roof, one inside removing the sheetrock, insulation, paneling and all the mold, mildew. Sunday a guy that does carpenter work for phone co. is to be here with a bucket truck to repair the gutters and soffit.
Just maybe in a few days I can sleep in my bed for a change. After 7 months.
Guess the contractors have sucked the fema tit dry. BTW the price seems great to me. Compaired to some of the bids I had.

dar512 03-31-2006 09:48 PM

That's great news, buster. I hope they get everything shipshape for you soon.

zippyt 03-31-2006 11:14 PM

fire up the smoker and feed them buster !!!!!

xoxoxoBruce 04-01-2006 02:05 AM

That's great, Buster. Now don't let any anvils drop through the new roof.:lol:

busterb 04-07-2006 07:25 PM

Ok. My house is about as good as going to get. Still have to water blast and paint. Hope I can get new bed delivered tomorrow and just maybe sleep in my bedroom after 7 months. Still some outside wood work to be done. SOB hasn't been around for a week. After I bought the materials and now the shit is in my shop and in the flappin way. Oh well carry on.

xoxoxoBruce 04-08-2006 02:45 AM

HTML Code:

SOB hasn't been around for a week.
Of course....he's a contractor. :rolleyes:

busterb 04-11-2006 09:34 PM

In keeping with the spirit of bull shit post, I got to sleep in my bedroom last night on a new bed. Sadly alone. :smack:

zippyt 04-11-2006 09:53 PM

Well congrats on Finaly getting to sleep in your bed room again !!!!!

xoxoxoBruce 04-11-2006 11:03 PM

It's a start, Buster, it's a start. :D

busterb 06-22-2006 08:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Anvil shooting - “Mike.” And I made a road trip to day to Tupelo, MS. Whom some say is birth place of someone’s king.
Anyway we made the trip for a visit to an Acupuncture deal. This was a 400 mile round trip.
On the way we got to see soy bean and corn fields that looked liked we were in mid-west.
Some of you know about my thread about my problems with alcohol, guess I’m still looking for an easier and softer way!
So below is a photo of what your first visit, for a cool 100 bucks looks like.
“WARNING” Don’t forget and answer the damn phone with ear.
Then it’s about 30 bucks a visit. See the anvil deal on CMT this weekend, perhaps! BB

Griff 06-22-2006 08:16 PM

What is the acupuncture treatment for?

Undertoad 06-22-2006 08:17 PM

Alcohol, G! Good luck with it B! We're rootin for ya, whether ya got heavy iron in the air or light iron in the ear.

Trilby 06-22-2006 08:19 PM

You have GOT to let me know if that works, busterb. Good luck, my brother.

Griff 06-22-2006 08:21 PM

Ah, thanks T! Good luck B we know you can do it.

xoxoxoBruce 06-23-2006 11:57 AM

Can you picture a cop pulling him over and walking up to that ear. :lol2:

capnhowdy 06-23-2006 02:36 PM

or a cop slapping him on that side of his head?

Good Luck, Buster......

busterb 07-17-2006 01:49 PM

CT scan

I have a scan in AM at VA. For Abdomen and pelvis. Tonight I'm suppose to drink Gastrografin mixed w/water or juice. Anyone know how it taste? Am I better off not knowing, just chug the mess?

dar512 07-17-2006 02:46 PM

buster,

When I searched for "Gastrografin taste" in google, the words "bitter" and unpleasant came up in the top ten results. I'd go for the juice, the better to disguise it.

busterb 07-17-2006 08:12 PM

Thanks

Elspode 07-17-2006 09:04 PM

What are they lookin' for, Buster? Errant pins?

busterb 07-18-2006 01:36 PM

The test are finished. Dr.Punjab Said I have diverticulosis and my liver should be sold for foie gras! So 70 miles one way to the No. west for that goat roping. Then tomorrow 50 miles So. so my DR there can tell me the same thing. I'm a bit poed at her. Yesterday the mail brought me a bottle of B-!, which the va will charge me 24 bucks. $4.69 + tax at store. :smack:
BTW I had to drink 3 more cups of great crap and have dye injected.
I can live with that.

busterb 09-05-2006 07:28 PM

Anvil Shoot

Someone put the CMT-TV video of anvil shoot on utube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-kWyJx8kTs

xoxoxoBruce 09-05-2006 09:27 PM

That's great Buster, I was regretting not taping it when it was on TV. :thumb:

Griff 09-06-2006 06:48 AM

Cool. Thanks B.

busterb 09-11-2006 10:24 AM

Another Word, please

Over blown sense of self worth. Grand????? Thanks

Griff 09-11-2006 12:07 PM

delusions of grandeur

conceit

egotist

busterb 09-11-2006 01:01 PM

Thanks Griff, but I'm looking for, Spelling hell, grandeosity??? grandeosea??

barefoot serpent 09-11-2006 01:13 PM

grandiosity? or grandiloquent? if leaning toward the verbal side of things.

busterb 09-11-2006 03:20 PM

Thanks. grandiosity was what I was thinking of.

busterb 09-14-2006 06:14 PM

Coushatta,LA

I saw a deal on Lou Dobbs about this town and parish. I spent 6 days in jail there. Talk about the end of the world. 1 roll of toilet paper, blanket was left over from WW1. Get Snuff from vending machine that said "not for sale, free sample.
You think MS. has rednecks! Hell we can't hold a light to the north LA. coonasses.

busterb 09-19-2006 08:06 PM

Anvil "Shines" new toy

1 Attachment(s)
A wagon he's been working on for years. Maybe 6 yrs. The body is of cypress and isn't suppose to rot. He rounded up the axles, wheels and made the frame.

Happy Monkey 09-20-2006 10:00 AM

Very pretty.

xoxoxoBruce 09-20-2006 06:58 PM

Is Shine a JD dealer, Buster? :confused:

busterb 09-24-2006 11:34 AM

Naw just a nut!