The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A Not So Happy New Year (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=7475)

404Error 12-30-2004 11:09 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with you also, Dag. I know how awful it is to go through something like this, my grandmother passed in a similar way.

Keep the faith.

wolf 12-31-2004 12:25 AM

I am glad that your family is able to use hospice services, to help your grandmother's passing in familiar surroundings full of love. May she pass with grace, and her life with your family remain clearer in your memories than her passing.

Blessings, love, and luck to you all.

limey 12-31-2004 03:25 AM

Hold on to the good memories, Dag. They are part of what will keep your Gram alive for you and generations to come. My thoughts are with you and your family. :grouphug:

richlevy 12-31-2004 10:32 AM

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. Marci lost her mother in a very similar way. The doctor failed to diagnose her back pains. At one point they had her scheduled to see a psychiatrist. By the time they ran even a simple x-ray, it was too late. It was just about the time Jeffrey, her first grandchild, was born. The hospital had a video camera installed in the lobby so that patients could see visitors who weren't allowed in. I held Jeffrey up to the camera so that she could see her grandson. She died that day, just 4 days after being admitted.

Your grandmother was very smart to write a living will. After seeing what happened in Florida, I think the right to choose the way we die is as important as the right to choose the way we live.

Take care of yourself and your family.

ladysycamore 01-05-2005 10:20 AM

My deepest condolences to you and your family. :(

Hold on to those memories of your Gram and may they put a bit of joy in your heart and a smile on your face when you need it the most.

Peace and blessings.

Dagney 01-07-2005 10:35 PM

Gram passed away this evening at 712 pm, in her bedroom, with my Mom and Aunt holding her hands. She'd been struggling to breathe for the past day or so, and from what I was told, took a few short breaths, and just stopped.

Our Hospice staff has been wonderful, they've bent over backwards to make things as easy as possible for us. The gentlemen from the Cremation Society prayed as they made Gram ready for transport to the hospital for an autopsy, and then to the creamatorium.

I can't even begin to describe the hole I have in my heart right now. There is simply not enough time to say goodbye, when you know you'll never say hello again.

elSicomoro 01-07-2005 10:43 PM

I'm very sorry for your loss, Kellie...may she smile upon you from above.

Beestie 01-07-2005 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagney
Gram passed away this evening at 712 pm, in her bedroom, with my Mom and Aunt holding her hands.

With her sister and her daughter. May God be as kind to me.

I'm very sorry for your loss. Live as she would have liked to see you live and her spirit will stir within your soul.

zippyt 01-07-2005 11:01 PM

Live as she would have liked to see you live and her spirit will stir within your soul.

Words to live by !!!!!!!!

Sorry for your loss Dag , :(
but she got to look out her windows and rember the flowers and the garden . :)

richlevy 01-07-2005 11:19 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

wolf 01-08-2005 12:08 AM

Dagney, my heart goes out to you, and to your family. She left you knowing your love, and you hers, which are great gifts.

Her life was long, and full of joys and sorrows, those experiences which bring us together, as friends and families. Remember her life, reflect not so long on her leaving it.

Elspode 01-08-2005 12:14 AM

My condolences to you and yours, Dagney. I don't know about ya'll, but I think we need to put a moratorium on the concept of death for at least a few months.

xoxoxoBruce 01-08-2005 12:51 AM

Dag, that hole in your heart will soon be filled with years and years of happy memories. They will flood in soon, even ones you'd forgotten about. :)

cowhead 01-08-2005 02:50 AM

not to try to grandstand or anything.. really.. my mother died two years ago (also of cancer and there was the machine that could have saved her 30 miles away... heh professional strife... and all)

Anwyay I hope she died in peace and knowing she did all she could to help her loved ones.

and i wish you and the survivors well.

peace be with you.

BrianR 01-10-2005 05:29 PM

My heartfelt condolences also Dag. I will always remember her as the outgoing woman on the porch.

I repeat my invitation to call me if you need anything.

Brian