The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Broadchurch! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=28762)

footfootfoot 04-16-2013 08:03 PM

DANNY'S KILLER IS
UTOPIA!

:eek:

DanaC 04-17-2013 01:57 AM

Hahahahahahaha.

footfootfoot 04-18-2013 08:29 AM

So Dana, what are your guesses?

How many people were in on it?

glatt 12-21-2014 07:09 PM

We (the wife and kids) just watched this series. It was addicting. Watched the whole series in one weekend. Good stuff.

Everyone is mad at me because I predicted who the killer was after episode 5 of 8. It was obvious to me what the writers were doing.

But they still did a really good job with it all. Good television.

monster 12-21-2014 08:44 PM

Oh I just found this on Netflix the other day. started at the beginning. further along than I should be, and that's all I have to say about that. :o

BigV 12-21-2014 11:36 PM

For those of you who like(d) Broadchurch, I suggest you check out Gracepoint. Same lead detective, different accent. They're both quite enjoyable.

infinite monkey 12-22-2014 08:41 PM

i started a month of free netflix, mostly to continue my re-watch of TWD at season 4. I read this thread and on the advice of dwellars I started watching Broadchurch. I'm only most of the way through the first episode but I can see it being addictive.

No spoilers please.

Now, speaking of Netflix. My free month was supposed to consist of a memory lane walkdown of Season 4 of TWD. Yet I keep getting the "loading loading loading' bar. It turned the episode called "Internment" into "Interminable." I have no slow downs with the interwebz. I pay for high speed crap.

So why does it do this? I tried work-arounds...backing up to let more load.

If Netflix wants my money, they need to figure this shit out.

monster 12-22-2014 08:44 PM

I just finished it

Clodfobble 12-22-2014 10:13 PM

What kind of box are you watching Netflix on? Are you able to start other episodes of other shows just fine? Every once in awhile the data tables get screwy and it helps to just reboot.

monster 12-22-2014 10:43 PM

on mah putah! the rest of the fam can watch other things on the tv/ipods and such the same time, usually just fine

monster 12-22-2014 10:44 PM

oh you meant infi.......

glatt 12-23-2014 07:29 AM

what did you think Monster?

It would be cool to talk about, but can't do any spoilers until Infi is done. So there's not much to be said.

One thought that I had is that it would be cool to live somewhere that you could watch signal fires being lit all up and down a coast and see them all because the coastline is steep and curved slightly. But you would want those signal fires to be lit fairly often so you could enjoy it. Maybe like for every major holiday. Not more frequently than that, though, because they need to remain special. And you would want it to go in a line, like the wave in a stadium, because nobody wants to see the fires being lit all random. But maybe random would look cool too. We'd have to try it at least once.

glatt 12-23-2014 07:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
How do you even build a fire up there? You'd need to carry a ladder around with you.

Attachment 49890

infinite monkey 12-23-2014 08:19 AM

Clod. I just turn on my 'smart TV' and bring up the netflix menu. I know at my brother's house they had some separate little thingy with a separate controller. And i never had any troubles over there.

I assumed I had everything needed with my smart TV and the wifi.

Oh, if you guys want to discuss the show here go ahead. I'll avoid it until I've seen it. I should have asked my netflix questions in another thread, anyway.

glatt 12-23-2014 09:03 AM

Actually, there's not really anything to discuss.

If we were all watching each episode at the same time, then you could discuss the latest developments, but once you've seen it, all you can really say is "oh, yeah, that person was the killer. I was surprised." or "I knew it!"