The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Health (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I'm an emotional dude (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=28187)

footfootfoot 10-24-2012 06:47 PM

With friends like that, who needs anomies?

infinite monkey 10-24-2012 06:59 PM

Sea anomies, that's who!

footfootfoot 10-24-2012 08:38 PM

Sea one anomie, you've seen 'em all.

infinite monkey 10-24-2012 09:31 PM

lmao

Gravdigr 11-04-2012 05:22 PM

I'm a fairly emotional guy. I cry at the end of Dances With Wolves every time. I've been watching "The Walking Dead" on Netflix, and I find myself tearing up almost every time Rick has a father/son moment with his son Carl.

It happens more, the older I get, I've noticed.

Trilby 11-10-2012 03:46 PM

I rarely cry. I think it's the meds. They numb me up so much-but it's better to feel nothing than to feel like you want to put an axe in your head.

Sometimes I think I am more cyborg than human. I can watch all the Feed the Children commercials you can throw at me but show me ONE abused animal and I'm changing the channel, ya know? Isn't that weird?

I find most people dull; but, again, maybe that's the meds. I've been on them forever but every time I try to go off them - I'm off a cliff. Better to stay numb than in pain. I know a lot of pop songs don't agree with that but I've lived with that pain and I say no thank you.

eta: I know a couple women that are okay but they speak entirely in cliches! AND they think they're being funny/original! I can't fake laughter very well and they've sort of disengaged themselves from me, which is fine (they are AA buds, nothing more) but one of them is really really smart, she's just----i guess suppressing so much rage that she can only communicate in pat conversations.. The one time she got real with me she was crying. She says I'm fake but I think that's projection on her part. she has to appear to be IN CONTROL (like Dexter) of EVERYTHING all the time. She once told me she wasn't 'warm and fuzzy' so not to expect that. Okay, that's fine. but I, for all my numbness and problems with personal relationships LIKE warm and fuzzy, NEED warm and fuzzy and from here on out, by god, will seek the warm and fuzzy people of this mighty land.

sorry. got carried away there. :blush:

Clodfobble 11-10-2012 03:54 PM

You ever feel like you want to cry, but just can't muster it?

I think I need a hobby.

footfootfoot 11-10-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 838395)
You ever feel like you want to cry, but just can't muster it?

I think I need a hobby.

Yes. And I've also felt that I should cry and couldn't get that together either.

Griff 11-10-2012 06:30 PM

I've been there.

BigV 11-11-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 838419)
I've been there.

you've written about it too

Sheldonrs 11-12-2012 11:04 AM

I cry for some movies, books, songs, etc.
But not when it involves me in real life.
I didn't cry when my Mom died or when other family or friends died or suffered losses, etc.. I didn't cry during my past break-ups.
I think I'm actually dead inside to real life.

Flint 11-12-2012 11:22 AM

Movies, music, they get around our defenses, whereas we can't let ourselves lose control of sustained circumstances of our real life, with fictional drama we can let our endocrine systems, etc. release all that suppressed emotion.

Trilby 11-13-2012 06:46 AM

we don't cry/freak because of cognitive dissonance. If we really THOUGHT about all the stuff coming our way-we couldn't function. One guy (some PhD or such) felt that schizophrenics were the only people really experiencing the terror that is life on this planet.