The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Image of the Day (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Dec 3, 2009: Fluorescent Fighting Fun (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=21542)

xoxoxoBruce 12-06-2009 12:32 PM

Quote:

...which I know are not what this thread was all about!
Since when does that matter 'round here.:lol2:

Adak 12-06-2009 12:56 PM

I'll take Poe over Nancy Pelosi, any day.

CFL's are on the way out, newer LED lights are better, and have no mercury. Congress wants to mandate CFL's to thank China (the maker), for buying our treasury notes. Otherwise, the liberal spenders can't spend us into the poor house, nearly as quickly.

After the poisoned baby milk, baby toys, and dog food; the drywall boards packed with hazardous material, etc., I'm done buying things from China, whenever possible.

In China, you can buy chicken or pork dumplings that have no meat in them - the meat has been replaced by

*wait for it*

<< treated cardboard >>

xoxoxoBruce 12-06-2009 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adak (Post 615331)
I'll take Poe over Nancy Pelosi, any day.

Sold!
Quote:

CFL's are on the way out, newer LED lights are better, and have no mercury. Congress wants to mandate CFL's to thank China (the maker), for buying our treasury notes. Otherwise, the liberal spenders can't spend us into the poor house, nearly as quickly.
You're in charge of what you spend, how much do your torches and pitchforks cost? C'mon, don't you think the LED bulbs will come from China?
LED lights are nice, but way more expensive. I just paid a fortune for some that will work with dimmers.
Quote:

After the poisoned baby milk, baby toys, and dog food; the drywall boards packed with hazardous material, etc., I'm done buying things from China, whenever possible.
You're going commando, then. :haha:
Quote:

In China, you can buy chicken or pork dumplings that have no meat in them - the meat has been replaced by

*wait for it*

<< treated cardboard >>
I'm glad to see China is modernizing, they're up to our '50's TV Dinners already.

Cloud 12-06-2009 01:22 PM

it's bloody. you're surprised?

ZenGum 12-06-2009 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adak (Post 615331)

*wait for it*

<< treated cardboard >>

Actually, the cardboard dumplings was a beat-up by a single journalist looking for a big story, and never actually happened.
However, the melamine in the milk formula, and lead paint on Thomas the Tank Engine, certainly did happen. I haven't heard of the drywall.
The milk scandal was exposed by good quality investigative journalism within China. Provided you don't point it at the government that sort of thing is tolerated.
However, dumpling-dude was trying to parrot that sort of expose' but just set it up. Which means their journalism is as reliable as their manufacturing. :right:
I'd better stop before I start channeling Marx.

Clodfobble 12-06-2009 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum
The milk scandal was exposed by good quality investigative journalism within China. Provided you don't point it at the government that sort of thing is tolerated.

Especially if it hands the government some criminals to execute.

xoxoxoBruce 12-06-2009 10:50 PM

Zen, Google Chinese drywall, you'll get 1,450,000 hits. After Katrina, and again after Ike, a huge shortage of drywall led the Chinese to dump shiploads of it here. The out gassing from it has made people sick, bankrupted contractors, and caused people to abandon brand new homes, defaulting on the mortgages.

SPUCK 12-07-2009 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 615483)
Zen, led the Chinese to dump shiploads of it here.

Don't you mean "shitloads"? :D

Griff 12-07-2009 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPUCK (Post 615545)
Don't you mean "shitloads"? :D

We don't use metric measurements in this country.