The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cellar Meta (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   chat room topics (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=19351)

DanaC 03-07-2009 05:15 AM

I'm not sure why you posted that Merc. You don't come off well in it.

Even if you've had Bri on ignore for months, that wouldn't mean you don't know about her depression. She's been battling it on and off as long as she's been in the Cellar.

Even if you didn't know. As soon as you found out, your response was to look to yourself and make abunch of noise about how you didn't know. Personally, if I discovered something I said had hit like that, and that the person I'd aimed at was battling depression, the words 'shit, sorry guys, I didn't know" might have featured somewhere in my response. I would be more concerned with the effect I'd had, than with my own back.

Trilby 03-07-2009 06:37 AM

good morning!

I overreacted to a shit stirrer. He's such a jerk I'm going to pray for him.

I had a lot of fun last night - really hilarious stuff!

DanaC 03-07-2009 06:48 AM

yes, you did overreact *slaps Bri upside the head*

Someone here says something that treads over those lines then just ignore them. Chances are it's not meant as harshly as you think; or it's meant harshly but from someone who isn't your friend and whose personal opinion of you is therefore of zero importance.

Sometimes it's worth reminding oneself of very simple and obvious things. Stuff that tends to get lost in the sturm and drang of it all. We can be surrounded by people of whose good opinion we can be sure, and yet the one person in the room who doesn't seem to regard us highly is the one we fixate upon. That person ends up carrying undue weight in our minds.

Undertoad 03-07-2009 08:22 AM

successful troll was successful

Beestie 03-07-2009 09:05 AM

Trolls are part of the landscape. Just like potholes, gum on the sidewalk, quicksand and even the occasional boobytrap.

The key is early recognition, assessment and evasive maneuvers.

For the occasional boulder in the path, high explosives may be required.

Shawnee123 03-07-2009 09:18 AM

Yes...ignore mercichiko.

Why was I brought up? Was that not noticed? I should be more verbal.

We all deal with stuff, then a troll comes along and fucks with you, and you're supposed to turn the other cheek.

What a dickhead.

What a bunch of crap that he still gets a pass from otherwise thoughtful and intelligent dwellars. I'd like a pass, please.

Trilby 03-07-2009 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 542447)
What a bunch of crap that he still gets a pass from otherwise thoughtful and intelligent dwellars.

maybe the feeling in that is "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" - ? A stupid thing to believe, but compelling for those who are hopeless followers.

Yeah, Shawnee, you are on 'ignore' too. Pretty amusing to think both of us bother a man with such a high and mighty opinion of himself, who fancies himself some sort of politico when it's really all just blow-hard-ism. Yawn. I'm bored already. I don't engage the beast but the beast finds me such a threat that he goes out of his way to attempt to hurt me.

Telling.

Shawnee123 03-07-2009 09:59 AM

That's the way I see it, too.

Oh well. We shall have to shower our awesomenessness on others. ;)

Beestie 03-07-2009 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 542447)
What a bunch of crap that he still gets a pass from otherwise thoughtful and intelligent dwellars.

Yeah, we definitely took it easy on Merc last night. I mean nobody even called him out or anything. Everyone just looked the other way. Damn us.

:rolleyes:

Shawnee123 03-07-2009 10:39 AM

I even tried an olive branch made of "hey, how you doin'?"

So he kept booting me. He's really a good person, underneath.

Trilby 03-07-2009 10:39 AM

I'll mail everyone 5$ to forget about it. PM me.

Shawnee123 03-07-2009 10:41 AM

I like 5 dollars.

Check your pm.

TheMercenary 03-08-2009 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 542427)
I'm not sure why you posted that Merc. You don't come off well in it.

Even if you've had Bri on ignore for months, that wouldn't mean you don't know about her depression. She's been battling it on and off as long as she's been in the Cellar.

Even if you didn't know. As soon as you found out, your response was to look to yourself and make abunch of noise about how you didn't know. Personally, if I discovered something I said had hit like that, and that the person I'd aimed at was battling depression, the words 'shit, sorry guys, I didn't know" might have featured somewhere in my response. I would be more concerned with the effect I'd had, than with my own back.

Well thanks for bringing it up. I guess I just dont give a fuck about it. It is not my problem. I have had the crazy people on ignore for months so I have no idea about their personal problems and I don't want to know about their personal life. I don't read about them. I don't keep up with them, it is none of my business. It is less about compassion than it is about the drama they love to surround themselves with. My life is complicated enough to have to deal with some other crazy persons shit. Like I said. These idiots have been on ignore for a reason, because I don't want to deal with it, nor will I allow other crazy people to drag me into their dramatic lives in an effort to prop themselves up or provide purpose to the craziness. I have no ill will to any of them. But I will not be accused of being purposefully hurtfull to others in pain. Life is filled with very disturbed people, I just choose not to be part of their lives, here or anywhere else. Peace

Undertoad 03-08-2009 11:07 PM

Unless you're suggesting they OD on sleeping pills. THEN it's OK for you to be involved.

TheMercenary 03-08-2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beestie (Post 542486)
Yeah, we definitely took it easy on Merc last night. I mean nobody even called him out or anything. Everyone just looked the other way. Damn us.

Sure you did.:3eye: