The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Dr Who (David Tennant) (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=11038)

Pie 01-05-2009 09:35 AM

Quote:

Star Wars is adolescent nonsense; Close Encounters is obscurantist drivel; Star Trek can turn your brains to purée of bat guano; and the greatest science fiction series of all time is Doctor Who! And I'll take you all on, one-by-one or all in a bunch to back it up!
—Harlan Ellison. "Introducing Doctor Who", published in Doctor Who and the Day of the Daleks and nine other Doctor Who novelizations. Los Angeles: Pinnacle Books, 1979.

dar512 01-19-2009 04:30 PM

FYI - PVPonline (a net comic) has begun a Dr. Who themed segment.

OnyxCougar 02-18-2009 02:17 PM

I fell in love with the good Doctor when Chris Eccleston played him, and only stuck around for season two because of Billie Piper. Once Rose was gone, I stopped watching.

SteveDallas 02-18-2009 03:06 PM

I just started watching the Eccleston/Piper version... I'm on the 3rd episode. I'd always heard about Dr. Who but never watched it before.

Datalyss 02-18-2009 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnyxCougar (Post 535961)
I fell in love with the good Doctor when Chris Eccleston played him, and only stuck around for season two because of Billie Piper. Once Rose was gone, I stopped watching.

Shoulda stuck around for Cathrine Tate. :D

Incidently, I'm not too sure what I think about the Doctor's 11th incarnation. Matt Smith better be good @ acting the part cuz he sure doesn't look the part. Too bad we gotta wait another year to see if he can wow us.

On a somewhat related note, a Red Nose Day special episode of The Sarah Jane Adventures will air March 13 on BBC 1, and season 3 will air this fall. I guess that means the Sci-Fi channel will get it next year. As for Torchwood - Children Of Earth, all I know is it'll be sometime this year, but I don't know when.

Cloud 02-18-2009 06:48 PM

Torchwood! Torchwood! Torchwood!

give me some good Doctor/Capn Jack lovin! or at least Capn Jack/Ianto!

Datalyss 02-18-2009 08:42 PM

And I'll take Gwen & Tosh any day.

DanaC 02-18-2009 08:45 PM

I hate that they killed off.....oh hang on. I'd best not continue that line, you guys are a series behind on torchwood right?

Datalyss 02-18-2009 10:58 PM

Actually, I did see the first two seasons on BBC America, but I forgot that ... died in ...

Sundae 02-19-2009 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloud (Post 536047)
Torchwood! Torchwood! Torchwood!

give me some good Doctor/Capn Jack lovin! or at least Capn Jack/Ianto!

Oh don't - I swoon every time they have some cheeky man-love.

DanaC 02-19-2009 06:19 AM

I watch Ianto and Captain Jack and I feel like I finally have some insight into why blokes find girl on girl sexy.

Stress Puppy 02-19-2009 06:06 PM

Seriously? I always think that when guys kiss it looks like they are eating each other's face. It's the least (visually) appealing of all getting-it-on situations.

DanaC 02-19-2009 06:39 PM

I agree...except when it's Capn Jack

Stress Puppy 02-22-2009 07:43 PM

Well, whatever makes you happy is cool with me.

Sundae 08-07-2009 07:09 AM

OMG. Just found out that MY Bond is appearing with MY Doctor!

It's not a commonly heard opinion, but Timothy Dalton was my James Bond.
Okay, I admit, I haven't seen Daniel Craig (who I always want to call Craig David in a Bo Selecta stylee). But hey - Dalton was Bond when my hormones woke up and said hello. Roger Moore was my childhood Bond, and that's not really the same thing.

Anyway, yes, ahem. Timothy Dalton, last seen being a fox as Sissy Slater ("what a gaylord") in Hot Fuzz appears in the last of David Tennant's Doctor Whos. Yum, yum, yum. As previously stated, I've been lucky enough to have two Doctors - a childhood Doctor and one I wanted to get jiggy with. Don't judge me on that - read back and Dani has had about five! Not necessarily the jiggy thing. But probably (slut)

Now I know John Barrowman is popping up at some point. So I really need Simon Pegg, Mark Gatiss and Steve Pemberton to make repeat performances, and I'm sure they could slip in Reece Shearsmith (given a little lube) as he's only tiny. Oh, and Gareth David-Lloyd of course - of course! And then you'd have all my favourites in one place. Do you think licking a TV screen too much would damage it?

ETA - forgot Bill Bailey.
Why the hell hasn't he been in Dr Who yet?
You'd think he'd be a shoo-in!
Ummmm. Ungrateful, aren't I?