The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is it possible to have bbs withdrawl? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=11033)

Rock Steady 06-17-2006 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad
We don't serve strings here.

Yes. Thank you.

tw 06-17-2006 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock Steady
I've tried to go completely forumless, but I am addicted to the human contact without strings.

Someone who can live on forums alone? That makes you a perfect candidate for a NASA job. A few lonely years to and from Mars - human contact without strings. No wife. No shrink. Only Cellar contacts. Sound like the simple life you desire?

xoxoxoBruce 06-17-2006 06:41 AM

Yes. :D

Spexxvet 06-17-2006 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afrayedknot
... Some solace out of adversity...

Does anyone think there's no adversity here. Where's the quiz?

richlevy 06-17-2006 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Monkey
The Cellar is BBS withdrawal.

(welcome)

Quote:

He buys a load of hardware with some money that he'd made by doing consulting work. We set the system up in Scott's cellar. He has gotten an illicit copy of SCO Xenix from a friend who works in SCO tech support, and somehow we load the machine and get it running.
You know, UT, maybe with SCO running around suing everyone, you might want to leave out that little piece of Cellar history.

I would love to know at what point I joined the Cellar. I made it to one GTG at RTM, and to the BBQ at UT's house. I remember the Cellar move and the issues with the call forwarding. Not counting a sporadic period during the Telnet years, I guess that means I've been here on and off for 10 years out of the past 16.

afrayedknot 06-17-2006 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beestie
Welcome. We've been expecting you.

Take me to your leader.

afrayedknot 06-17-2006 11:41 AM

Quote:

Hey girlfriend, the same thing happened to me. My old forum fell apart and I joined here. It's really a great place. But you have to build new friendships all over again in a new community. The Dwellars have been really nice to me and this is now my main online community.

I've tried to go completely forumless, but I am addicted to the human contact without strings. At work, I find I have to posture and look productive and all that. Here, I don't care if anyone thinks I'm an asshole, I can just be myself.

...Rocky

I've never considered going cold turkey. I don't want to think about painful things on a Saturday morn.

afrayedknot 06-17-2006 11:42 AM

Quote:

Dude, either one was an AG-er or not. I was not and this new member sounds like she came from some other defunct place. I think the AG scare is over.

What is AG?

capnhowdy 06-17-2006 11:50 AM

Asshole Gallery

DucksNuts 06-17-2006 08:47 PM

Now now capn, play nice

xoxoxoBruce 06-17-2006 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afrayedknot
What is AG?

Another site that shut down and a bunch of the exiles swarmed into the Cellar. A couple of them didn't fit well and moved on. :cool:

richlevy 06-17-2006 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
Another site that shut down and a bunch of the exiles swarmed into the Cellar. A couple of them didn't fit well and moved on. :cool:

That's right, for a while it was like Casablanca, but without the Nazis.

You must remember this, a kiss is just a kiss....

xoxoxoBruce 06-18-2006 12:50 AM

Quote:

You must remember this, a kiss is just a kiss....
But you might get maced,
if it is misplaced...:mecry:

afrayedknot 06-18-2006 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce

Not sure if I am the correct fit, but times takes time.

xoxoxoBruce 06-18-2006 09:56 AM

Sure you fit, we have a lot of weird people from Florida. :bolt: