The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Commercials (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=19317)

elSicomoro 04-17-2013 08:07 PM

I had an interview at their HQ (Champaign, IL) for a corporate job some time ago...worst interview ever: group interview with 3 other people, feel-good interviewer guy, awful questions.

Gravdigr 04-19-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 861241)
re: Jimmy Johns...Of course their delivery is fast. They don't cook anything. It's cold meat sandwiches. WTF? Why on earth would you go buy a cold meat sandwich? You can make that at home. Anyone can. Anyone.

What else do they serve? You can go out back and grab a warm pop in a can?

[/couldn't wait to get a Jimmy Johns rant in...the biggest restaurant ripoff since the Mc"Rib"]

Not a Subway fan, then?

Also, why would you have a sandwich delivered to your home at all? Warm, cold, or otherwise.

Oh, I don't know, no car, no meat, no bread? Perhaps they stack meat better than you. Maybe I'm screwing the chick that works there. Maybe I'm snaking on some other chick by having stacked meat delivered to her. Some chicks are impressed by stacks of meat. Maybe I like rye, but, not enough to buy a whole loaf. You can get toasted bread, maybe my toaster is broken. Their cheese might be stinkier than mine. Or yours. Cold sammiches get warm (to an extent) all by themselves. Just wait a minute. All kinds of reasons, is really what I'm after here.

:D:sweat::lol2:

Gravdigr 04-19-2013 12:46 PM

Also:

Mmmmm...warm pop.

ETA:

Ooh, oohooh...You could take a bite of cold sammich, and wash it down with warm pop.

Prollum solved.

Hee!

infinite monkey 04-19-2013 12:59 PM

:lol:

Subway will give you a hot sammich! But I will admit I am not like Joey Tribbiani whose favorite food is sandwich.

I don't mind warm pop. Or warm beer.

And: No human being could stack meat like that! [/Peter Venkman]

DanaC 04-19-2013 01:03 PM

This is just a silly little advert for chewing gum that made me smile:

DanaC 04-19-2013 01:04 PM

And this is an ad for IKEA that I think is really well done:

jimhelm 04-19-2013 01:15 PM

DanaC 04-19-2013 01:17 PM

hah I like that.

elSicomoro 04-19-2013 02:49 PM

Fuck Subway and Jimmy John's and their shitty overpriced sandwiches.

But I'm a hypocrite on this one...I like Quizno's, though they're overpriced too. I prefer locally made though, like Adriana's or Amighetti's in St. Louis...:drool:

infinite monkey 04-19-2013 02:55 PM

Hmmmmmm.

I was looking at this thread from my phone last night and I swear either jim or foot was saying that their dad would say that scatalogical humor is not funny (re: the K-mart commercial) and I was laughing because that's true but once that woman said she shipped her drawers, just her face, her delivery, I busted out. But posting from my phone sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. When it doesn't, the blinky line that tells you where you are typing moves on its own, and you end up typing in between words you've already typed.

Anyway, today: no reply like that AT ALL. And no deleted post. Hmmmm. Unless....

If you post undercover and then delete can people see there was a post there?

Or did I totally dream that post, and my attempt to reply to that post?????????

elSicomoro 04-19-2013 02:58 PM

foot3 isn't digging that ad over here

jimhelm 04-19-2013 03:04 PM

Yeah, I didn't see it in this thread.... Heard it on the radio that morning....

BigV 04-19-2013 04:37 PM

infinite monkey 04-20-2013 08:39 AM

I love the AT&T commercials with the kids. My friend says this kid reminds her of me. :lol:

infinite monkey 04-20-2013 08:42 AM