The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Parenting (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Teen Boy Suit Shopping in US (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=30653)

monster 01-26-2015 07:02 PM

you were in a different country as a teen? where?

glatt 01-26-2015 08:56 PM

That's probably your vision thing acting up, monster. He said century, not country.

classicman 01-26-2015 09:29 PM

I'm a frequent shopper at MW. I get coupons EVERY DAY. pm me and I'll email you whatever coupons I get that fits your needs. I also get $25-35 coupons for filling out surveys. I just bought two suits last month, so I'm getting extra emails lately. Oh, and they are in the middle of their clearance sales.

monster 01-26-2015 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 920389)
That's probably your vision thing acting up, monster. He said century, not country.

ha you're right, thanks. I'm so stinking tired, there have been some corkers tonight -and that's just the ones I've caught!

monster 01-26-2015 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 920397)
I'm a frequent shopper at MW. I get coupons EVERY DAY. pm me and I'll email you whatever coupons I get that fits your needs. I also get $25-35 coupons for filling out surveys. I just bought two suits last month, so I'm getting extra emails lately. Oh, and they are in the middle of their clearance sales.

cool, thanks, classic. not sure what my needs are but am hoping to go take a look tomorrow (the boy has a second day off for PD. I may make him run there while I drive just to get rid of some of that ENERGY......)

classicman 01-27-2015 11:28 AM

check your PM.

monster 02-10-2015 10:50 PM

thanks everyone. Didn't manage to take him shopping, Ended up at JC Penney by myself (already there buying more, longer jeans). One style choice, 4 colors. 3 attempts to get the right size jacket/something passable for Mr. Gorilla Arms (started at 14, ended up at 18 (he's 15, about 5'4 and 110lb). He plans to wear it to school tomorrow (they dress up on game days), will try to snap a pic but we all leave hella early and hella hurriedly

SteveDallas 02-10-2015 11:52 PM

All I can say is, it's horrible. I remember being 13 or 14 and my mom taking me to try to get a suit at a downtown department store in my home town. I was too big for the biggest thing in the boy's department, and too small for the smallest thing in the men's department.

lumberjim 02-11-2015 12:01 AM

I have always had to shop in stores that have Big & tall because l have this huge bucket neck. My collar is a 22 at present . Thing about that. ... when you have a 22 collar . - - the shirt is a tent. If I can find it, the slim or athletic cut mitigates that to a degree ...

l windup having to 'pleat' my shirts when I tuck the back into my pantses .. -

Clodfobble 02-11-2015 06:54 AM

You should look into getting some shirts tailored. It's not the luxury service it sounds like, in our area a ton of Hispanic women do it out of their home and charge very little, especially if you pay cash. You can't tell it's been done, the work will look as good or better than out of the factory.

monster 03-16-2015 08:31 PM

....and I found a second suit for $1 in the thrift store and he likes it and it fits!!!!!

monster 03-16-2015 08:32 PM

(yes, $1. After 3 weeks, stuff gets reduced to 50c/piece. This suit was on the men's rack, but so small, no-one wanted it..... :D )

glatt 03-17-2015 07:40 AM

That's awesome. Thrift stores rock!

monster 10-30-2015 06:35 PM

so..... guess which suit is the suit of choice these days...... :lol:

Today it was finished off with a sky blue water polo cap. I hope beest took a pic as per request

monster 11-04-2016 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 921627)
thanks everyone. Didn't manage to take him shopping, Ended up at JC Penney by myself (already there buying more, longer jeans). One style choice, 4 colors. 3 attempts to get the right size jacket/something passable for Mr. Gorilla Arms (started at 14, ended up at 18 (he's 15, about 5'4 and 110lb). He plans to wear it to school tomorrow (they dress up on game days), will try to snap a pic but we all leave hella early and hella hurriedly

reading back, no wonder he's outgrown that ....guess what we're doing this weekend. Not gonna be able to shop in the kids' dept this time, though....