The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Torture (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=11316)

Shawnee123 07-26-2006 10:25 AM

Poetic justice!

LabRat 07-26-2006 11:13 AM

Ha. I love it when someone finally gets what they deserve.

Bruce, is that seriously what that thing is/was for? Is it one of your doodads? Don't remember seeing it in that thread. Nevermind, the rest of the room is too empty to be your place :) Is that a man or a woman in the figure?

Spexxvet 07-26-2006 01:56 PM

does it really matter? Ouch - either way!

Beestie 07-26-2006 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LabRat
Bruce, is that seriously what that thing is/was for?

Unfortunately, yes. I went to an exhibit of that stuff while touring Europe as a student and was pretty much scarred for life after seeing up close what those things did to people.

I forgot the name of that particular device but its actually a toned-down version of the original. You might have noticed the weights attached to the person to add to the effect. In the turbo edition, the person was lifted up some 10 to 20 feet with an elaborate pulley system and dropped (also weighted down) precisely such that the tip of the pyramid would land directly on the tip of the coccyx (the last bone in the spine) pretty much crushing the vertebrate and the pelvis.

This was done repeatedly. The first ones were to soften up the victim. Then, over the course of days, weeks or longer, they would do it over and over.

Radar would have a ball with that thing.:eek:

xoxoxoBruce 07-26-2006 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LabRat
Ha. I love it when someone finally gets what they deserve.

Bruce, is that seriously what that thing is/was for? Is it one of your doodads? Don't remember seeing it in that thread. Nevermind, the rest of the room is too empty to be your place :) Is that a man or a woman in the figure?

Yes, no, I think one of each.
I got the impression it was a slow Goatse apprenticeship, but for the ladies...it could go either way. :thepain:

rkzenrage 07-27-2006 02:30 AM

There was a terrible torture where a live person was sewn into a mule's carcass and lowered into a pit of starving rats &/or pigs and eaten alive along with the mule.
A similar one was to place a rat on one's stomach in a dinner bell and the rat would then just eat their way out after a while.

LabRat 07-27-2006 02:38 PM

Gross. I'm not sure I could handle trying to google more info, so i'll just ask. Does anyone know what one do to end up getting tortured in such a manner??? I am sure that lots of people did nothing, but in general, were there some specific reasons/offenses?

I went to a Medieval Times when I was 12 or so with my family, and remember that there was a room that had real/replica torture equipment, but I was not allowed to go in.

xoxoxoBruce 07-27-2006 08:19 PM

Heretics and thieves come to mind. :(