The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What blindsided you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=28232)

glatt 11-08-2012 07:31 PM

What blindsided me? I just found out my cousin got arrested for stalking someone she had an affair with after he broke it off. WTF?! She was apparently pulling a pretty good Glenn Close with this guy and his family too. No boiled bunnies, but contact with the kids online.

I do know she lost her job as a result. I don't know if she's gonna serve time for it. I don't know if her marriage will survive this. It's not in her character at all. Completely blindsided me. WTF?!

I know people make mistakes, and love, hormones, and emotions can make you do crazy stuff. That's the only explanation I can come up with.

zippyt 11-08-2012 09:47 PM

That SUCKS Glatt !!!

orthodoc 11-09-2012 03:08 AM

There's the downside to the current ease of tracking/contact/communication via the 'net. Unsophisticated users (most people) don't realize their activity is an open book to investigators. So when hurt and hormones get intense enough to blind common sense it's easier than it used to be to cross boundaries and get into trouble.

Sounds like this is huge for her, her marriage, her family - real devastation. Not to mention his marriage and family. I'm sorry. Lots of picking up of pieces that will stretch well into the future. Sorry, Glatt. :(

Trilby 11-09-2012 07:02 AM

Yikes, sorry to hear this glatt.

sometimes people go a little insane, esp. when it comes to Very Good Sex and throw some Chemistry into the mix and you've got Glenn Close.

Hope she comes out of this better, wiser and NOT in jail. Jail does sucketh.

DanaC 11-09-2012 07:07 AM

Possibly worth a medical checkup as well. There are all manner of things that can cause sudden personality change/aberrant behaviour.

glatt 11-09-2012 07:15 AM

I've made a conscious decision to not judge her. I can't know what she was going through, but I can imagine how if you are sharing an intensely close relationship with someone for some time and then they cut that off, you are going to still feel entitled to some attention from them. People make mistakes. I hope she gets her act together and moves forward in a productive way.

weird thing is that this all happened a few months ago, but I had no idea it was going on because she's a few states away. My parents were in China for the last several weeks, and when they got back, they got the scoop and relayed it to me. It's weird because I've been interacting with this cousin on FB during this time, and she's been perfectly normal. She had a vague post the other day about appreciating friends and family during a difficult time, and that was apparently when she had some hearing. Shows how oblivious I was, I guess.

Trilby 11-09-2012 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 838250)
Possibly worth a medical checkup as well. There are all manner of things that can cause sudden personality change/aberrant behaviour.

Good call.

Trilby 11-09-2012 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 838251)
... I can imagine how if you are sharing an intensely close relationship with someone for some time and then they cut that off, you are going to still feel entitled to some attention from them...

YES

orthodoc 11-09-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 838250)

I'm with Dana and Trilby, if this was unprecedented out-of-the-blue behavior for her, it's worth a medical checkup. I know of one situation where a woman who suddenly began acting bizarrely in promiscuous terms had an organic reason found on workup. Not common, and certainly not wishing anything like that for your cousin, but worth a checkup if she's willing.

glatt 11-09-2012 12:52 PM

I'm not sure how I would bring up the subject. Maybe mentioning it to her mom would be best. Let the mom talk with her.

BigV 11-09-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trilby
Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt
... I can imagine how if you are sharing an intensely close relationship with someone for some time and then they cut that off, you are going to still feel entitled to some attention from them...

YES

When does "No mean No"?

Entitled? Entitled to one's feelings, sure, I agree. Entitled to some attention? Attention is given, not taken. It's mine to give or not and there's no entitlement involved.

glatt 11-09-2012 02:10 PM

I agree. I'm not excusing the behavior. Just trying to understand where it comes from.

I think it comes from having something, and then losing it, but still feeling like it should belong to you, even when it doesn't, and never really did. It's a faulty thought process, but I think that's the path it takes.

BigV 11-09-2012 07:10 PM

flat tire

ready go!

BigV 11-09-2012 07:21 PM

done

Trilby 11-10-2012 06:06 AM

Not 'entitled' but FEELING entitled.

bigga difference. Feelings aren't facts. Even tw knows that.