The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Your fav line in the Star Wars Saga? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13461)

Cloud 03-02-2007 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 319681)
"But I wanted to go to Toshi Station to pick up some power converters."

Said in the most snarky/whiny voice possible whenever anyone in my family starts to whine.

LOL!

Spexxvet 03-02-2007 05:11 PM

Do, or not do - there is no try.

Great,kid. Don't get cocky!

Kagen4o4 03-04-2007 12:40 AM

the line that should be in there

"set your lasers to "miss"!'

Beestie 03-04-2007 01:29 AM

Quote:

A man's got to know his limitations.
Oops, sorry. Wrong thread.

cowhead 03-05-2007 01:33 PM

" the circle is now complete.. when I left you I was a learner now I am the Master"-Darth Vader
"only a Master of Evil Dart":- Obi Wan

(final saber fight on the deathstar)

don't know how many times I have used that line on former chefs

Happy Monkey 03-05-2007 01:45 PM

It's always bugged me that he said "learner" rather than "student" or "apprentice", or some such (I doubt the word "padawan" had been invented yet).

Sundae 03-05-2007 01:52 PM

Maybe as in Learner driver?
Assuming that's not just a British term (we have red L plates on our cars to signify Learner before passing ther driving test)

Happy Monkey 03-05-2007 02:03 PM

Yeah, the US has learners' permits as well. And my old elementary school at one point changed its slogan to "A community of learners teaching for learning for all", so I know "learner" is a real word, but for some reason it always seemed... imprecise... in that context.

Elspode 03-05-2007 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kagen4o4 (Post 319932)
the line that should be in there

"set your lasers to "miss"!'

I've always wondered how these futuristic societies have all these incredible energy weapons, the products of centuries of development and gazillions of spacebucks...but not one cent was apparently spent on targeting systems. Seriously...blasters have the apparent equivalent of iron sights. The Death Star probably couldn't have *hit* anything smaller than a planet. The double-barrelled defense weapons on Hoth were nothing more than primitive ack-ack guns with really nice tracer effects.

King 03-05-2007 03:01 PM

"Uhhhhh-arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr".

Or however you spell the Wookiee noise that Chewbacca makes.

Sheldonrs 03-05-2007 03:58 PM

"I'm a 42 year old geek and I live in my moms' basement"

Oh wait! Thats my favorite quote from somebody waiting ON line to see the movie!

Perry Winkle 03-05-2007 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elspode (Post 320342)
I've always wondered how these futuristic societies have all these incredible energy weapons, the products of centuries of development and gazillions of spacebucks...but not one cent was apparently spent on targeting systems. Seriously...blasters have the apparent equivalent of iron sights. The Death Star probably couldn't have *hit* anything smaller than a planet. The double-barrelled defense weapons on Hoth were nothing more than primitive ack-ack guns with really nice tracer effects.

And a bunch of teddy bears with rocks and sticks wallop an entire Imperial garrison. Talk about training...I guess they didn't teach dwarf tossing at the Academy.

Sundae 03-05-2007 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grant (Post 320453)
I guess they didn't teach dwarf tossing at the Academy.

Eeeew. I hope not.
I mean if it's consensual and all that, but - classes?

Kagen4o4 03-05-2007 08:45 PM

lol *pictures the death star trying to hit a planet with the accuracy of a storm troopers laser* peu peu...peu peu peu "sir, the planets getting away"

fargon 03-05-2007 08:55 PM

it is not a good idea to upset a wookie.
"eroooerrr" Chewbacca