The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   wolf Goes to Rehab (WAS: Tales from the New Nuthouse) (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=27154)

classicman 04-09-2012 09:34 PM

Good for you, wolf. That should help with the transition too.
Always nice to already know some peeps.

BigV 04-09-2012 10:53 PM

WOOT

that is good!! very nice.

Griff 04-10-2012 08:33 AM

Sounds great wolf!

skysidhe 04-10-2012 08:37 AM

I'm happy for you! :)

wolf 04-14-2012 09:22 PM

I saw something extraordinarily cool on the campus today. I will try to get a picture tomorrow, but I won't be able to post it until I establish whether it represents public or protected information ... I'm guessing that it's public, as it is all over the internet. Hmmm. I wonder if anyone else has posted a picture of this thing? I'll have to check that. If I post someone else's picture that's already on the internet ...

Weekends aren't bad, incidentally. Well, usually. I really seem to be figuring out what I'm doing. The experienced staff member was actually asking ME questions about some mental health law stuff.

classicman 04-14-2012 09:24 PM

cool.

SamIam 04-15-2012 07:43 PM

Congrats, Wolf! Looking forward to more stories!

wolf 04-17-2012 08:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And so, the blessing having been given (Okay, actually the boss thinks I'm a nut for even asking, he just kind of deadpanned, "It's on a bench.") ...

This is why, after I got home the night I saw this, it was a totally freaky coincidence that Gia was on TV.

There is also a plaque in one of the patient units for Gia.

What I'm not clear on is how they both ended up on the same bench.

One thing that was kind of interesting ... when I was talking to some cow orkers about the bench ... if they were over 45, they knew exactly what I was talking about. Under, they said, "who?"

I even got a "who?" when I explained the circumstances of each of their deaths. One of them had never heard of the Sex Pistols. What are they teaching kids these days?

SteveDallas 04-17-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf (Post 806865)
One of them had never heard of the Sex Pistols. What are they teaching kids these days?

I don't know, but I certainly hope it doesn't involve sex pistols. That sounds really dangerous.

wolf 04-17-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDallas (Post 806881)
I don't know, but I certainly hope it doesn't involve sex pistols. That sounds really dangerous.

eh. Never mind the bollocks.

Ibby 04-17-2012 02:02 PM

Huh. that's actually really cool.

wolf 04-18-2012 01:11 PM

Last night a female cow orker was dealing with an exceptionally drunk man.

She got a proposal of marriage.

I am really working in a different place.

I am more accustomed to patients offering that I engage in a physically impossible act of parthogenisis.

Also, the old nuthouse sent someone over last night. They have a totally new vehicle, and totally new people driving it. I didn't know either of the ambulance guys, so I just smiled, and didn't say anything. I also found out that there is someone working in my old department that just boggled my mind. I can't believe that person is in that job. Things are really different. I need to find out what's being going on over the last year.

wolf 04-19-2012 01:02 AM

I met the CEO today. She apparently follows the In Search of Excellence philosophy of Management by Wandering Around.

She wandered into my department, was meeting here and there with people, and made a point of seeking me out, mentioning that she'd heard about me (hoo boy, the big boss lady knows about me already?! but at least it's in a good way).

I and another new hire in my department had search training yesterday. Basically, the head of security told me how to do what I already know how to do, and then offered a bag of clothing that had stuff hidden in it. Cleverly hidden.

The upside, I did very well, found all but one teensy little thing in the clothing, but made up for it by finding something missed by the other lady, who only found about half of her hidden objects.

The downside, I'm now cleared to do searches, which, since I'm the scut-monkey, means I'm going to be doing a lot of them.

What they really need is both a female and a male search tech on each shift, but I don't know if that's going to ever happen. Won't stop me from asking the boss-dude about it, though.

ZenGum 04-19-2012 02:04 AM

Quote:

She apparently follows the In Search of Excellence philosophy of Management by Wandering Around.
I think on very rare occasions, this can be good.

Mostly, it is bad, and in general, it is a bad sign. I've known (suffered) managers who are so narcissistic they assume that whatever happens in their presence is a perfect sample of reality, and whatever happens in their absence is irrelevant.

Dicks.

wolf 04-19-2012 09:48 AM

She seemed to be doing the wandering around the right way ... not the let's catch people screwing up way that most CEOs do it. I suspect that she was particularly aware of me because the boss-man had to pitch my position to the higher ups to release the money into the budget, and he must have spoken of me in rather glowing terms to do that. But she didn't just come into the office to banter. She spent actual time talking and listening to concerns.