The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bath Towels (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=28097)

orthodoc 10-02-2012 06:17 PM

I have white towels that I wash after each use and bleach - use them at times that total bacteria avoidance is needed (in another week, they'll be in full-time use). Also have fluffy towels that I spread out to dry but still wash every couple of days. It's the old rubbing off dead skin thing ... can't let that go on too long. Yecch.

Juniper 10-02-2012 11:03 PM

Every use. That's four per day, one per family member. We have cheap, smallish bath towels and when they're gone we bust into the beach towels. I do laundry on Mondays and it isn't generally a problem.

limey 10-03-2012 11:16 AM

28 bath towels on a wash. Plus clothes, I presume. Crikey!

Sent by thought transference

Gravdigr 10-03-2012 03:50 PM

Bath towels, for me, get washed after two or three uses. Big, fluffeh ones. Hang it over the shower door rail, never smells. Fresh (rough) wash cloth every time.

As for the dead skin...aren't you washing/scrubbing that off in the shower?

orthodoc 10-03-2012 04:20 PM

Yabbut ... unless you really go to town with a pretty good brush or loofah every time, you're not scrubbing it all off ... probably wanders into OCD territory if you DO go nuts every time. You'd end up with irritation, infection, all that don't-need-it stuff. We're supposed to have a little transitional epidermis; trouble is, it flakes off as it finishes transitioning.

Gravdigr 10-03-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orthodoc (Post 832928)
Yabbut ... unless you really go to town with a pretty good brush or loofah every time, you're not scrubbing it all off

So, the soft, fluffy towel is gonna get packed with what you missed after "going to town with a pretty good brush or loofah"?

:eyebrow:

:p:

orthodoc 10-03-2012 04:34 PM

Something like that. There are always parts you miss ... ;)

footfootfoot 10-06-2012 09:05 AM

Years ago I had a housemate who put it like this, "I don't want anyone using my towels. I figure, you dry your face with your towel, and I'll dry my ass with mine."

There's some stark relief for ya.

Happy Monkey 10-06-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friends

JOEY: Hey, why can't we use the same toothbrush, but we can use the same soap?

CHANDLER: Because soap is soap. It's self-cleaning.

JOEY: Alright, well next time you take a shower, think about the last thing I wash and the first thing you wash.

Aliantha 10-06-2012 09:46 PM

We use ordinary old bath towels and mine goes in the wash once a week. I can't speak for anyone else in the house. They're responsible for putting their own in the wash basket. If it's not in there, it doesn't get washed. I try to keep washing to a minimum because we live on tank water, but water is precious anyway, and I'll be buggered if I'm going to do two or three extra loads of washing per week just to have nice fluffy towels every day.