The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Tshirt design (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=5254)

wolf 03-07-2004 01:02 AM

We could buy these from cafepress.com ...

Who also do a relatively decent job on a variety of merchandise items with supplied artwork. I think that the organization gets like a $1 back on each item purchased ... probably more expensive than going with a local provider, but wider range of crap available.

Undertoad 03-07-2004 07:58 AM

I don't need to pick anything! You guys pick it all out! I'll just wear it.

funkykule 03-07-2004 08:16 AM

Re: Tshirt design

what? no whale penis to be seen anywhereon the shirt? its just not right!
:p

novice 03-07-2004 08:20 AM

Black, cotton, no pockets t-shirt yellow monkeys and tag lines. Nothing central on front so it can look classy under a leather jacket and conversational when the outer layer comes off.
No offense Bruce but i've usually got enough pockets and I never take pens out. Ever. Or dodads.
Keys, wallet, phone, that's it

novice 03-07-2004 08:28 AM

Might I suggest we split up and seek estimates for around 50 two toned t-shirts. The exchange rate may well offset the postage if I can find a local producer. Besides, I'd probably send the bulk to one person in Philly and let him/her forward them.
If someone comes up with an obvious winner we can then iron out the wrinkles.

xoxoxoBruce 03-07-2004 08:32 AM

What, do you roll your smokes, up in your sleeve? No pocket....pshaw!:p

novice 03-07-2004 08:41 AM

Non smoker. 15 mths and counting:p

xoxoxoBruce 03-07-2004 08:52 AM

You pussy, turn in your leather jacket.:haha:

novice 03-07-2004 09:53 AM

Oh dear, and to think I admired you. Your obvious lack of taste, however.......:rolleyes:

Beestie 03-07-2004 10:40 AM

I'm so lazy I hadn't gotten around to looking at this thread.

Zippy - that cartoon is freakin' hilarious. How did you do that? On the computer or is it scanned hand work?

jinx 03-07-2004 10:58 AM

Hot_pastrami helped him a little bit

hot_pastrami 03-07-2004 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Beestie
that cartoon is freakin' hilarious. How did you do that? On the computer or is it scanned hand work?
I drew it directly on the computer, with the shitty mouse I have at work... that's why the lines are kinda jaggy. Next time I'll try it from home with my trackball, which should allow much smoother lines. Of course the fact that I hurried through it in 10-15 minutes didn't help, either. :D

OnyxCougar 03-07-2004 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by novice
Black, cotton, no pockets t-shirt yellow monkeys and tag lines. Nothing central on front so it can look classy under a leather jacket and conversational when the outer layer comes off.
No offense Bruce but i've usually got enough pockets and I never take pens out. Ever. Or dodads.
Keys, wallet, phone, that's it

Not yellow text, but definitely black shirt. And I'll take 2, one in 3x and one in XL

Beestie 03-07-2004 02:08 PM

Quote:

I drew it directly on the computer
I think its the jagged and hurried look that give it its charm - sort of a metaphor for Lj's anxiety over the ... [event]. My only criticism is that you didn't put near enough gel in his hair.

wolf 03-07-2004 02:17 PM

I prefer a black tee as well ... navy as a second choice. A lot will depend on relative costs, though. Depending on the method of production, we may have to go with a lighter color.

Ash or dove gray would probably work.

The idea of having things the same color as the screen colors has an appeal too.