The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Where do shoes go? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=15982)

Cicero 11-20-2007 12:19 PM

They go by the front door when you come in the house, or the closet that happens to be right next to it. There are leaves everywhere outside right now, and the house does not stay clean at all with little leave bits being tracked everywhere....you don't care until you are the one cleaning this stuff up!

jinx 11-20-2007 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binky (Post 409026)
We have a little bench by the front door, and my husband is up to 3 pairs there, which necessitates my kids just throwing theirs in the general direction of the bench :mad:

That's what happens with our shelf too. Jim is the male Imelda Marcos and his shoes are friggin huge - thus the basement treatment.

glatt 11-20-2007 12:38 PM

We have a big wicker basket by the front door, and all shoes and slippers in the rotation are supposed to go in there. I boycott this system though because mine always end up on the bottom and I have to dig underneath everyone else's to get mine out. So my big old clodhoppers just just get kicked to the side near the front door. This used to bug my wife, but she has become used to it.

I can never find my slippers, even though I leave them by the front door, because the kids are always using them for cars or boats or something when they play with their playmobil toys.

Chocolatl 11-20-2007 12:39 PM

In theory they go next to the shoe rack by the front door. In practice they end up under the couch, next to the coffee table, next to my side of the bed, occasionally under the bar chairs in the kitchen... until I get tired of myself and gather them up and put them back on the shoe rack.

There used to be some guys who lived in our apartment building who left all of their shoes outside their front door, so that we'd see them every time we walked down the hall. We got a kick out of occasionally adding extra shoes to their pile, and then watching as ours got moved around (someone mistakenly putting them on?)

DanaC 11-20-2007 01:12 PM

DSW?

kerosene 11-20-2007 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 409067)
DSW?

one of huge stores that sells nothing but shoes.

DanaC 11-20-2007 01:34 PM

ahhhh..ta :)

LJ 11-20-2007 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx (Post 409049)
.....and his shoes are friggin huge -

Just remember that.....if you think you might try to fill them one day, people. rememmmmmberrrrrrr it.

LabRat 11-20-2007 04:15 PM

Filling the shoes, no problem. It's creating the overwhelming amount of BS that might give me a little trouble...

:D

LJ 11-20-2007 04:25 PM

yeah....you think this is easy or something?

Cicero 11-20-2007 05:52 PM

I'm sorry, I don't wear keds for men.

elSicomoro 11-20-2007 08:19 PM

I've been better about putting them in the closet lately...for a while there, almost every pair I had would wind up in the living room within a week.

orthodoc 11-20-2007 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Red (Post 409038)
Are you sure that it is in the center of kitchen and not off to the side!
Maybe you should take a tape measure and find the center of the Kitchen to make sure the center of the kitchen is where you think it is.:headshake .

But it won't be. Once you've interfered with it by measuring it, who knows where it'll end up?:D

Clodfobble 11-20-2007 10:04 PM

We have a shoe rack by the door, about four feet long, with two levels. At any given time most household members have 2-4 pairs of shoes on it. This means there are always at least a few pairs on the floor, so we're about to get a second rack.

zippyt 11-20-2007 10:22 PM

Just Carol and I ,
she comes in the front door , so hers end up EVERY where ,
i wear work boots covered in who knows what and my uniform can have a layer of ????????
So I come in the back door , next to the laundry and back bathroom , and Yes I have had to sstrip on the back porch and have Carol spray me down with a hose before I come in the house , oh I have a boot shelf by the back door , 2 pairs of boots , steel toes and rain boots.

Its my little way of trying ot help keep the house none Nasty !!