The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Image of the Day (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Dec 17, 2010: DIY Jacuzzi (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=24186)

DanaC 12-17-2010 06:27 PM

Ahhh good old Alton Towers. The rides, the queues, the over-priced food, the queues, the aquarium, the queues, the giant mechanical dragon...no wait ... that last one was Camelot. Did I mention the queues?

Oh and the wasps. Hanging about the picnic tables, like little stripey hooligans.

Used to love going though.

xoxoxoBruce 12-17-2010 11:21 PM

Were the WASPs just harassing the Catholics?

SPUCK 12-18-2010 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamplighter (Post 700644)
Green vegetables must have some chemical basis for it.
A couple of my G-kids have that reaction to green beans.

Lima beans will cause me to hurl. And as a kid yams would, but not now, though I still try to avoid the nasty foul things.

xoxoxoBruce 12-18-2010 04:44 AM

Cauliflower, but that may have just been my mothers cooking.:rolleyes:

HungLikeJesus 12-18-2010 09:43 AM

I don't even like to be in the same room as a Brussels sprout.

I think the problem with restaurants is that they give you way too much food. Do you really need rice and beans and salad with your burrito?

Glinda 12-18-2010 12:40 PM

I prevent restaurant food waste by taking home everything that isn't eaten (from everyone seated at the table with me).

The chickens are always interested in whatever I bring home, and it's that much less feed I have to buy. Win-Win.

Oh, and I'm one of those warped brussels sprouts lovers. What can I say? :rolleyes:

Sundae 12-18-2010 01:36 PM

For me they are just that thing that never, ever grew more appealing as I got older. Sprouts and cauliflower. Nope. Never. Sorry. Grim.

I understand that other people can love them, and I am not revolted by that.
I even have some very good friends who are that way inclined.
I do prefer that they keep it behind closed doors however.

richlevy 12-18-2010 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glinda (Post 700762)
I prevent restaurant food waste by taking home everything that isn't eaten (from everyone seated at the table with me).

The chickens are always interested in whatever I bring home, and it's that much less feed I have to buy. Win-Win.

Oh, and I'm one of those warped brussels sprouts lovers. What can I say? :rolleyes:

Do chickens eat chicken?

“Ma...it's the silence of the CHICKENS!”

Nirvana 12-18-2010 10:36 PM

I loved all vegetables... I was a weird child. I did not love stewed tomatoes! Still don't but they are tasty in vodka sauce.

xoxoxoBruce 12-18-2010 11:27 PM

Your Mom was probably a good cook, whereas mine carried on the New England tradition of boiling the crap out of everything but ketchup... that got fried. :rolleyes:

SPUCK 12-19-2010 05:12 AM

Bruce I hated cauliflower until I discovered what melted cheddar cheese does for it.. Yum!

In high school my buddy and I were working on a hotrod when his dad ordered him to feed the pigs the Brussels sprouts. So I went with him down the street to the barn. We noticed the two giant crates were already loaded on the flat bed. We drove off to the pigs about 5 minutes down the road and proceeded to feed all those hideous sprouts to the pigs that were enjoying them mightily.

Done, we returned the truck and returned to our hotrod labors.

About an hour later his Dad called him back into the house to interrogate him. Lots of shouting and gesturing ensued. Clearly his dad was enraged. When my friend returned he had a chagrined look on his face. He told me we'd fed the pigs the AAA, deluxe, special, sorted, baby, Brussels sprouts instead of the damaged and rejected ones that were in the back of the barn.

How were we to know?! We never paid attention to details about barfy B spouts..

Griff 12-19-2010 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 700843)
Your Mom was probably a good cook, whereas mine carried on the New England tradition of boiling the crap out of everything but ketchup... that got fried. :rolleyes:

Mom went to that school. Brussels Sprouts were my one approved veggie as a kid, I still love 'em.

xoxoxoBruce 12-19-2010 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPUCK (Post 700858)
He told me we'd fed the pigs the AAA, deluxe, special, sorted, baby, Brussels sprouts instead of the damaged and rejected ones that were in the back of the barn.

His Dad was bullshitting him, there isn't any difference. :lol:

footfootfoot 12-23-2010 05:25 PM

I saw a can of spaghetti Os and meatballs sitting on the counter at Hemming's Motor News today (prolly someone's dinner) and it brought back childhood memories. Gack. If the statute of limitations hadn't run out, I'd call social services on my mom.

Glinda 12-23-2010 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richlevy (Post 700829)
Do chickens eat chicken?

“Ma...it's the silence of the CHICKENS!”

Sure, chickens eat chicken. And they LOVE eggs. Too bad for them, they can't bust into 'em!